virtualy fat free meals....

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by babyblues, 4 November 2009 Social URL.

1. babyblues

babyblues Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    im sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but i was wondering if people take a pill when the fat % per meal is exremely low?

for example, i dont feel i should be "wasting" a pill if i take it with a breakfast of fruit and a yogurt (which is 0.1g per 100g.)

i also understand the the pills carry on working up to 4 days after, but am i decreasing its potency if im only taking 2 pills a day over 3 meals?

many thanks

bb

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    Always take the pills with each meal , dont skip no matter how low in fat the meal is.. the pill wont take away any of the fat if its low meal but dont get into a habit of stopping pills because you think its low in fat anyway..

thats my opinion anyway xxx

4. babyblues

babyblues Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    yes but i KNOW fat content of the yoghurt, and even a banana is less than 0.1gs of fat per 100g.

5. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    you asked for peoples opinions & i gave mine.. i've lost 135lbs on xenical since feb . i never skipped meals. if you choose to then its up to you but i can only advise.

6. babyblues

babyblues Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    i only commented that i know the fat content.you said urself it wont take away a very low fat content. im not saying im skipping meals. i appreciate ur input but i welcome other opinions too.

7. Icklemissmosh

Icklemissmosh Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.85%)
    I think its probably best to take them at every meal even if it is very low in fat as it sets the routine, so you never forget a tablet. Also it stops the temptation of having a bad snack or two mid-morning if you know the tablet is still in your system.
    And Punkii's right it can be a slippery slope once you start missing tablets, i know from experience that i see it as a chance to pig-out and end up sabotaging myself, so don't fall into the same trap!

8. shrinkingalice

shrinkingalice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    yeah i agree its best to get into the habit of taking it every meal no matter what the fat content. you wont be wasting a pill, its advised to take 3 a day, everyday.

9. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    no worries i just think as the doctor prescribes 3 a day its what we should stick too , you can always ask your doc if you really feel you dont want to take one with the lower fat stuff , sometimes medical opinion is better then what we can give.

10. colescrabb

colescrabb Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.08%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    my doc has told me to take 3 a day till he tells me otherwise, he says that once i am closer to target i will be weaned off them, and a word of warning, i had a weekend away a few weeks back so thought it best not to take them for a day as i had no control over what food was being given to me, we had tgis for tea and cos i never had the tablets, thought sod it i'll have what i want and get back on it tomorrow. well travelling back from london with an upset tummy was not fun i can tell you!!!!

11. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    ask your dr is my best advice. see what he/she says. they are the best person to ask

12. Earthmother

Earthmother Likes to cook

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Take the tablet is what I say, what would you save it for? You get a months meds to last a month. Three tabs a day with meals is the dose, I intend to stick to that. Good luck all.

13. Cityredgirl

Cityredgirl CRG

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya,
    I did this yesterday i skipped 1 tablet becuase i was having Weetabix with skimmed milk , I was fine but after 3 months nearly i have never skipped my little blue friend. Its a godsend so even if you are having a low fat meal just take it...It keeps you focused and aware of what you are eating :) Hope you keep on track.
    All the best CRG X

14. babyblues

babyblues Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    id just like to say... you were all right! i slowly fell off the wagon and i havnt taken my xenical for over a week now, and have put on a pound and a half :( back on track today though

15. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    glad that you have realised whats going on and making up and getting back on track
    Good LUck!

16. UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES

UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    xenical & healthy eating
    i think ul b ok if u just stick to 3 a day, i myself am havin trouble with this not cos im trying to save a pill or anythin but cos i dont often eat 3 times a day, usually just 2. but im trying to do the 3 meals a day thing as ive been told it helps metabolism, its breakfast i struggle eating, i used to eat at about lunch time then hav my dinner later, so thats only 2 pills, but im tryin to hav like a banana for breakfast now still with a pill, im findin that the more the days go on its gettin easier to hav breakfast.

so just keep head strong and u should b ok, dont fall bak into the trap of not taking one cos its a low fat meal or somethin, im no doctor but i think 3 a day is better than missin ones out, let ur body get into a routine hun

i hope u get bak on track soon x

17. Calkarima

Calkarima Gonna do it this time

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and Exercise
    Hi

Don't beat yourself up too much. We all slip from time to time. The best thing is that you've recognised it and are going to start again. As everyone else has said though you probably are best taking the 3 tabs a day. I'm useless at taking tablets and am only remembering to take them because over the past 8 weeks I've got into the habit each meal time of popping one regardless of how much fat is in the meal.

Good luck
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.