Vitality's Slim fast Diary

Vitality

Hi I am new to this site and I have started the slmfast/ultraslim diet as a weight loss attempt after years of trying. I have about 3 stone to lose to be healthy but aim to lose four stone altogether.

I have never tried a meal replacement or 'faddy' diet before just slimming world and healthy eating but I find I emotionally eat and would like to try a more structured plan to see if this works.

I plan to eat a meal bar or shake for breakfast and lunch and a 600 calorie dinner. Snacks will equal to 300 cals dividing this into 3 100 calorie snacks throughout the day and I will try to drink more water as the fibre in the shakes and bars are quite high.

Day 1

Today I had a chocolate shake for breakfast and a strawberry shake for lunch. They were very tasty and filled me up. I had a slimming world snack bar as snack and thought it was revolting and a waste of money so will just eat my own snacks with the right calorific value.

For dinner I am currently cooking beef with potatoes and vegetables and will have a mullar rice for dessert. I plan to eat a banana in the evening if I feel hungry.

So far so good, I have had some stomach cramps but I have not had any water today due to business in work and feel water will help this.

After week 1

So far so good really, I lost 3 pounds this weeks so it must be working! I have tried all the shakes and bars on the range so here is my verdict:

Chocolate Pre-made shake- Yummy
Strawberry Pre-made shake- Yummy
Chocolate made in blender- Yummy but not as sweet as the remade ones.
Strawberry made in blender- Same as above
Vanilla made in blender- A bit boring on it's on, I added to shots of coffee to make a frappicnno with ice and is my favourite this way.
Raspberry made in blender- Drinkable, not the best though, may not purchase again.
Chocolate crisp meal bar- Delicious
Raspberry & yoghurt meal bar- Nice but a wee bit salty.
Slim fast Bannana- Ok, nice change
Slimfast Vanilla- Bought this as tesco only has sachets and the tub works out cheaper- Nice with the coffee shot to make a frappicunno.

I haven't felt hungry at all, maybe the odd craving for a takeaway (my vice) but if you have a sweet tooth the bars and shakes would definitely get rid of them. :)

After week two

I have lost 6lbs in two weeks, very happy and hope it continues as well :-D

Week 3

On Monday I started taking Alli to help accelerate my weight loss, I am happy with two pounds a week but would like to lose more on this first month to see a change and keep me motivated. I will write on Sunday my weigh in results :-D

Last edited:
Hi Vitality, welcome! :) You're doing well so far, I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks, and you've done it in 2, so way to go! :)

Be careful with Alli though, you really have to watch how much fat you eat. I sometimes take Xenical (the double strength version) and you have to be so strict with yourself! But it should give you a boost :)

Good luck! :)

Well done with the weight loss.
I am trying to drink more water as I think this helps with the weight loss. I am a bit of a tea addict usually.

Hi Vitality, welcome! :) You're doing well so far, I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks, and you've done it in 2, so way to go! :)

Be careful with Alli though, you really have to watch how much fat you eat. I sometimes take Xenical (the double strength version) and you have to be so strict with yourself! But it should give you a boost :)

Good luck! :)

Hi, I've been on alli a few days now and no side effects as of yet but I feel I can stick to the ft allowances hasn't really made much difference with the diet plan so far just helps me stick to it :) I feel like something has clicked this time around, I haven't cheated once in almost 3 weeks and haven't really been tempted.
Hope I am not speaking too soon. I've checked the scales a couple of times this week , can't help it... and apparently I have lost two pounds but my official weigh in day is on a sunday so hopefully will be write and maybe an extra pound or two :) I seriously need to up the exercise as I realised when I lost two stone on slimming world before that losing weight is only creating a smaller you, exercising shapes your body. I have made plans to go on a sunny holiday in september so that is my first goal to lose as much as possible by then. I have finished my first year of uni so have more time to focus on me over the summer, just have a part-time beauty therapy job for extra money and to keep my skills.
Would love to hear more tips and advice about alli or slimfast and hopefully someone might have similar stats to me?

Well done with the weight loss.
I am trying to drink more water as I think this helps with the weight loss. I am a bit of a tea addict usually.

I am the same I hate water and prefer diet fizzy drinks instead of squash. Love the coffee too which can dehydrate you. Ah well no ones perfect will try to drink more as the diet goes on. How u getting on Housecat?

Hi love
Sounds like yr doin well with sf n Alli love, I'm on ziotrim to aid my weight loss that doesn't appear to have side effects as I have taken it before! It suppresses your appetite x I been drinking more water n feel better for but I still have tea n coffee but I try to keep it down to 6 cups of either a day x
Good luck love

Hi love
Sounds like yr doin well with sf n Alli love, I'm on ziotrim to aid my weight loss that doesn't appear to have side effects as I have taken it before! It suppresses your appetite x I been drinking more water n feel better for but I still have tea n coffee but I try to keep it down to 6 cups of either a day x
Good luck love

Thanks, ur doin well too by the sounds of it! I bought slimming patches which r ment to suppress the appetite, but haven't needed them. I think eating smaller portions shrinks your stomach anyway so must have just gotten used to the diet. I would love a day of so my body doesn't get too used to the diet but I can't do it.

I have my TOTM so am not going to weigh myself til next sunday incase I get upset. I am also going to order a chinese tonight and will share this with my sister. Beef and blackbean sauce with boiled rice shouldn't be too bad. So far today I have had two ready made ultraslim shakes and when I got home from work I had two cracker breads with a teeny bit of peanut butter. So I suppose today is my day off within reason.

Whats everyone else planning this wkd regarding slimfast? Anyne having the wkd off or find it difficult?

Went a bit over my calories last night roughly 1600 musn't have done too much damage as I couldnt' resist weighing myself today, I have lost another two pounds even tho its TOTM! very pleased to have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks :-D

That's brilliant hun well done x that's excellent with u bein TOTM too! I wud love to say I have lost that much in 3 wks it's really good!
Pat yourself on the bak lovey
X

Thanks Wishbird, I wish I only had as little weight to lose as you, that's probably why your isn't coming off as quick. You're doing brill! Your nearly there! Just keep doin what your doin and you'll be at your target in no time ! x x

Vitality said:
Thanks Wishbird, I wish I only had as little weight to lose as you, that's probably why your isn't coming off as quick. You're doing brill! Your nearly there! Just keep doin what your doin and you'll be at your target in no time ! x x

Thanks hun x your comments have really cheered me up x I will keep on going x
Good luck to u too! We can all do it if we stick together xx

Week 4 day 1

So far the diet has gone well and I am ecstatic that I've lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Over the weekend my boyfriend of 4 half years and I were talking about marriage. We are both students and are in no position to get married, we can't even afford to move in together but the thought is nice that it will happen in 4 or 5 years time.
It's made me think about my future a lot more and has motivated me as I know I will be happier within myself when I get to my target weight,I will have more confidence, my boyfriend and I will have our degrees finished and start our careers and will hopefully have a nice life together :). I don't plan on having children but at the age of 21 it's hard to tell how I will feel when I am older. I feel so happy to be in a great relationship with my best friend and the kindest guy I have ever met, we both have strong hopes in making a good starting ground career wise etc. before moving in together and marriage and I think losing weight will definitely better our relationship as I will be happier, more confident and obviously it will have a good effect on us.

Sorry to blabber on but I had a bout of insomnia which I get every so often , so decided to share my main reasons for losing weight. It's 4.41am and have decided not to go to sleep and hopefully will get a good nights sleep tomorrow. I decided to have a vanilla shake as I was feeling hungry and will have cereal for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a 400 cal dinner and 3 snacks.
I am starting to realise when I am hungry rather than being greedy or eat out of boredom or thirst, so do not feel guilty for having an extra shake plus I will have less calories tomorrow as stated but will not starve :)

Hope everyone's doing well, would love to hear other stories of what suddenly made people click and start a diet such as photos or comments from people or thinking of their future and realising they need to change for their kids etc.

Hi love
Well done for making such big decisions it happens at some point in our lives.
And you are doing brillantly n like u say as yr confidence grows so will other things in yr life.

All the best to u hunni.

My story is I just realised how unfit n unhealthy I was n I am 35yrs n shud b doing more in life, my hubby is a young 50yr old n I have 2 big step kids n 2 lovely grand kids so I felt I needed to get fit so I can look n feel better but so i can look after them better if I can run around, that Includes just hubby n grandkids really lolz x
I will have been married 10 yrs next January so really wanted to renew our vows too n wud love to get back into my wedding dress(doubt it!) we got married in Sri Lanka it was such a pretty wedding n wud like to do something else special x
Take care
Liz x

Slept in today so didn't have breakfast. Had a Raspberry US bar for lunch and no snacks as of yet. For dinner had chilli con carne in wholemeal tortilla wraps with salad and a tiny bit of low fat cheese. this is one of my favourite dishes so tried to make a healthier but convenient version of it. I used weightwatchers chilli con carne sauce in a jar and added lean mince and chillis.

I have made the slimming world version one before which is very yummy but I don't always have time to cook from scratch so ready meals and convenient recipes suit me fine :)

I have been so tempted to weigh myself as the past few weeks I have been checking every other day. I will try not weighing myself til Sunday to see if I still lose a good amount of weight. Sometimes it's nice to keep on track but disappointment can demotivate you as I understand that weight fluctuates throughout the day. If I feel I haven't done as well this week I will go back to weighing every other day but still keep Sunday as my official day to record each loss.

Today I was sorting out clothes and was looking at my sexy halloween costume and fitted dress that I wore after losing two stone on slimming world. I would be so happy to look good in them again but hopefully they will even be too big for me to wear nxt winter :)

Hope everyone's still doing well and keeping motivated!

Hi hun.

Well done on your loss so far! Keep going. Nice to read your diary.

Good luck with today.

p.s. that chilli in wholmeal tortilla with feta sounds AWESOME! Wouldn't trust myself to make it! aha xx

Well done on your 10lbs lost. Wish it was me. Looking forward to seeing if anymore of you has disappeared by sunday ;)

Week 4 day 5

Can't believe I have been on this so long, I am feeling very proud of myself, I feel in control and optimistic.

Today has been another good day. My diary must be so boring just saying how good everything is but I am just the same as any other overweight person, I just feel like I have found the diet for me :)

Today I have eaten:

Breakfast- US Ready made Strawberry Shake
Lunch- US Chocolate Crisp Meal Bar
Dinner- Small portion of Fried rice.
Snacks- 2 Forrerro Rocehrs- 72 cals each!
Chocolate fudge options hot chocolate mmmmm...:)

I used Sesame oil for my fried rice which is what they use in chinese takeaways. It has pretty much the same amount of calories as olive oil. I cooked the rice in water with a vegetable stock cube, I then added tinned peas, chopped onion, soy sauce and garlic powder.

Cheap, tasty, convenient and filling. Would have been more balanced with a bit of meat or chicken but has suited me fine :)

I am going out tomorrow night and will not have any snacks, will have a lower calorie dinner and drink diet redbull with vodka. I think we are going to a cocktail bar so will search the net to see the lowest calorie cocktails. I haven't told any of my mates that I am dieting so hope to appear as normal as possible :)

I hope to lose 4 lbs this week to lose my first stone! If I lose the 4 lbs I will go from being obese to overweight!! Wish me luck! Good luck for the weekend peeps and would be good to hear if anyone knows of any low cal cocktails x x

Good luck Hun x n enjoy yr evening hun, I don't usual do cocktails, I'd just have vodka, diet coke n lime n sodas.

Yr doing very well!
Keep going love n have a good wkend
Xx :)

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday, I think I ate too little. All day I had a meal bar for breakfast and lunch, two coffees and half a meal bar for dinner. I drank alcohol all last night, vodka and diet redbull for a carryout and then diet coke with jack daniels in the bar. I think eating little did just for my calories but I am not feeling healthy today for it. My boyfriend is off to the shop to buy burgers which I will have one for lunch. I had one of his protein shakes for breakfast with 100mls semi skimmed milk and 150 mls of water. I could only drink half but feel positive about sticking with the diet and hopefully be a bit healthier than I was last night.

One of my questions for you peeps is that when you are full up after drinking only part of your shake do you make yourself drink it anyway? Same with meals, last night I couldn't face eating dinner so decided to have a meal bar as I thought it was better than nothing, but ciuldn't even finish the bar, what would you's do/ what have you's done in a similar situation?

I will weigh myself tonight as usual when I get home to record any losses/gains this week :) x x

Back