VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by JoeyJoJo, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Bring on the weight loss!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!! :D

Wondering what vitamins and supplements etc people take and do you notice a difference if you do/dont take them?

I take:

Cod Liver Oil
    Glucosamine Sulphate
    Multivitamins and Iron
    Vitamin C and Zinc

I used to take green tea capsules too but dont anymore hehe

What do you guys take? :D

X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoeyJoJo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I must be the only one then LOL! :D

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I don't take any supplements at all. I belive that if you are following a healthy balanced diet there is no need to unless you have specific nutritional requirements as a result of eg being pregant. I tend to think it's all a bit of a con in an effort to get us to part with some more cash.

5. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    i would have been of the same mind set but i take multi-vitamins now cos it was suggested to me by a friend. i don't notice any difference really but if i'm not eating as much as i normally am and exercising alot more it makes sense to me that my body could need the extra help. i used to have the Quest brand multivitamin which i thought were fantastic but now have the Centrum which are ok too i suppose. one thing i will say though and it could be coincidence but i ran out of vitamins last week and the three days i was missing them i had a head cold:(

JoeyJoJo likes this.
  6. JoeyJoJo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Circes - Fair enough! :) i like to take them to make sure I am definitely getting everything my body needs, especially because of being anaemic I need my Iron. hehe

Breadbin - I know what you mean with that one!! When I forgot to take my tablets for about a week (especially vitamin c which helps fight colds etc lol) I got ill too - caught my sisters cold and it wasnt good - felt real rough! maybe they do work after all eh?! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.