Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by JoeyJoJo, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Bring on the weight loss!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!! :D

Wondering what vitamins and supplements etc people take and do you notice a difference if you do/dont take them?

I take:

Cod Liver Oil
    Glucosamine Sulphate
    Multivitamins and Iron
    Vitamin C and Zinc

I used to take green tea capsules too but dont anymore hehe

What do you guys take? :D

X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoeyJoJo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I must be the only one then LOL! :D

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I don't take any supplements at all. I belive that if you are following a healthy balanced diet there is no need to unless you have specific nutritional requirements as a result of eg being pregant. I tend to think it's all a bit of a con in an effort to get us to part with some more cash.

5. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    i would have been of the same mind set but i take multi-vitamins now cos it was suggested to me by a friend. i don't notice any difference really but if i'm not eating as much as i normally am and exercising alot more it makes sense to me that my body could need the extra help. i used to have the Quest brand multivitamin which i thought were fantastic but now have the Centrum which are ok too i suppose. one thing i will say though and it could be coincidence but i ran out of vitamins last week and the three days i was missing them i had a head cold:(

JoeyJoJo likes this.
  6. JoeyJoJo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Circes - Fair enough! :) i like to take them to make sure I am definitely getting everything my body needs, especially because of being anaemic I need my Iron. hehe

Breadbin - I know what you mean with that one!! When I forgot to take my tablets for about a week (especially vitamin c which helps fight colds etc lol) I got ill too - caught my sisters cold and it wasnt good - felt real rough! maybe they do work after all eh?! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.