VLCD and exersize

slimwannabe

Silver Member
OK so I know this has probably been discussed before but I need some advice on this please?

I have set myself a 28 day challenge of sticking to shakes and no weighing after seeing how well someone else on here has done with this recently.

However I do much more exercise than I used to.
I will usually do 6 gym sessions a week, 1 being a spin class and 5 in the actual gym.
4 of those I spend at least 1hr30 - 2hrs and the other is usually for around 45 mins to an hour depending on how long the kids are in their class.

So what is the safest way I can lose weight, build muscle but whilst still being on exante?

Rather than eating food is it worth me adding a protein shake after workouts to help my muscles recover and replenish?

I don't want to make myself I'll but at the same time I am in a good routine with my exercise now so don't want to compromise on that either.

All advice much appreciated xx

Hi,

I don't know the right answer if I'm honest as I'm a newbie to exante. I would have thought adding extra protein will help. Maybe have chicken or a protein shake on your exercise days.
I've done an hour on day 2 and an hour on day 4 (today)....both have been tough and have left me feeling weak but I'm not used to exercise like you.
sorry I'm not much help! Lol

Hi, I don't know the right answer if I'm honest as I'm a newbie to exante. I would have thought adding extra protein will help. Maybe have chicken or a protein shake on your exercise days. I've done an hour on day 2 and an hour on day 4 (today)....both have been tough and have left me feeling weak but I'm not used to exercise like you. sorry I'm not much help! Lol
hey, I am far from being used to exercise lol
I only started in march as have had health problems over the past 7 years that have prevented me from committing to a gym etc. am loving it though and have to say I don't seem to have a problem with energy as always feel like I have loads more when on exante.
On training days I have been having either chicken/fish with salad/veg. Always with kale added oh and boiled eggs too sometimes and this seems to be working ok for me.
I don't plan on re weighing till end of the month though so will be interesting to see if there is any difference so in the mean time I will just go on how I feel in my clothes.

Well done for getting to day 4 and onwards but just be careful on your exercise days as your muscles do need healthy foods to help them recover and strengthen. Xx

Hi :) I've read quite a bit on here before suggesting resistance training and body weight exercises being the best in helping retain your muscle mass whilst on exante - not sure if that helps! :) x

Thanks QB is good to know.
Will be interesting if at the end of the month if I have lost any weight or at least inches especially as I am having a meal on training days.

Although have just had the weekend off completely food wise so really need to get back on it today lol x

I think everyone's had a tough weekend, that extra day on bank hol makes everyone food crazed ;) x

I think everyone's had a tough weekend, that extra day on bank hol makes everyone food crazed ;) x
oh it being bank hol wasn't the problem Hun, it being daughters bday was though. Party, family gatherings, meals out have all been the problem!
Almost made it to being a 100% day today but then nan wanted to go for dinner, hate saying no as she's always on her own in the evenings :(
Only went wetherspoons and I had the freedom salad with avocado and chicken which was pretty low on calories and had this instead of my 3rd pack.

Let's see how I get on in work tomorrow?? X

You're making better choices Natalie - that's the main thing :) xx

Hmm well I was and then it all went terribly wrong.
Have managed to be 100% today though so that's a start I didn't think I would do again lol.
Let's see how many days I can go before I break again! Xx

Hey, don't worry about falling 'off the wagon'. Just get back on and continue as if it didn't happen! Far better than getting worried or chucking it all in ;)

As far as exercise goes, I've recently started adding some in, but not for weight loss - the diet is more than capable as far as that is concerned :D

I'm just doing some body weight strength exercises (press-ups, crunches, squats) to try to avoid losing muscle mass. It's extremely difficult to build any muscle mass on such a low calorie diet (if TS or similar), but you can keep what you've got and improve strength while dieting.
Adding in calories in the form of low-carb protein after a workout will certainly help.

Thanks scan bran. Just going to take each day as I feel really as that way I've no promises to be breaking lol

Have managed 2 days 100% so far though so will see how I do today.
Been gym past 2 days too so plan on power walking with my dog this eve and will do gym again tomorrow as am away over the weekend so no gym :(

Good luck for today everyone xx

So had a weekend away with friends so other than swimming and playing on the beach no hard exercise.
Was also off plan but mainly stuck to protein and salads although there was a few naughties in there lol.
Back on plan yesterday, went gym and did 2 different routines of weights and 20 mins interval training on treadmill.
Plan for today-

Porridge, bar, carbonara.

Work then 90 mins at gym whilst kids are in their kids club!

I actually seem to have more energy when on vlcd so gonna roll with it and see how i go x

Forgot to add I've started a 30 day plank challenge on mfp today too!

Day 1 - 1min 20 secs

So went gym and for the first time I came out feeling bit crap really. Pretty much all the other ladies were slim, toned, tanned etc and then there was me! Not great and did make me wonder why Im bothering.
Still only a moment so trying to move on and have my carbonara at the ready. Xx

Ok so no carbonara as have only just got home so have had an options hot choc instead (my treat of an eve sometimes)

I have the day off tomorrow and have arranged to take my grandad for breakfast as used to do this once a week but have been working a lot these past few months so not been able to.
I could pass and not go but I've missed my weekly brekki with him and you never know how much longer they are going to be around. Life is too short as they say!

30 day plank challenge!

Day 1 - 1min 20 secs - done
Day 2 - 3 x 30 sec planks - done

30 day plank challenge

Day 1 - 1min 20 secs - done
Day 2 - 3 x 30 sec planks - done
Day 3 - rest day

Ooo plank challenge! Do you have a link for it? x

Back