VLCD Boundary Pushers

This is the problem with the internet, Becca. No tone of voice! If this were spoken people would have heard concern rather than anger or judgement. :(

I have to say I think that is at the route of every disagreement I have seen on Mini's. You did say you knew people would be annoyed though, he he.

I have to say I think that is at the route of every disagreement I have seen on Mini's. You did say you knew people would be annoyed though, he he.

I did know it was likely to upset a few people and it was sad because I knew they would be people I wouldn't have wanted to intentionally upset, but I had to get the thought out! It was bubbling away, eating at me, and it's not something I can talk to non-VLCD dieters about. They really wouldn't have understood!

We certainly are an isolated bunch. If they don't do it they dont get it.

Thing is though, this happens on the sw forum too, and all the other ones as well. People not being 100% then taking glory for still losing weight. But so they should, they still lost weight, so have done something right, even if its not following the "rules" ;)

Thing is though, this happens on the sw forum too, and all the other ones as well. People not being 100% then taking glory for still losing weight. But so they should, they still lost weight, so have done something right, even if its not following the "rules" ;)

SW/WW and the rest are a very different kettle of fish from any VLCD though. There's less chemistry involved and less sacrifice (in my opinion - not to belittle SW/WWers. I did WW myself once!) so it's a little more grating when you're on a VLCD and someone boasts about quaffing vodka and eating takeaways all weekend then losing 5lbs come WI! :sigh:

thankfully this is a forum with various people, and various people have various approaches to diets (or a single diet). As drinking has been proven to affect health (as is starving on CD I believe, but the 2 combined seems to make it even worse) I wouldn't consider this in my comments.
But as for the food, once you've been informed of the facts that carbs can take you out of ketosis, that eating on the side might affect your weightloss...etc...I don't understand why we wouldn't allow people to find their own path, and be supportive if some sometimes fail. It's human. The all or nothing rule might work for a lot of people, but for others it just will drive them towards binge eating. The opposite is true also. People need to make experiences in order to learn, and find what works for them. Point.

According to Linda Spangle, there is a narrow road for a diet, and a wider road, and we need to accept the fact that sometimes the broader road is perfectly normal.

I'm sure there's a 100% Strictly SS forum for these exact reasons which doesn't allow any mention of food, maybe worth posting there instead??

I don't follow the plan 100% any more but that's because I am happy to accept the fact that I will lose weight slower than if I did SS 100%, besides which I'm only 17lbs away from goal and that is enough for me, I think I'm on the 1200 plan (more or less, combo of atkins + CD products)

Besides, if someone isn't sticking to the plan 100% but is still getting great losses then who am I to judge? We're all aware that everyone is individual so why should we be angry?

The goal here is to lose weight, do it how you see fit, they still pay the same price (roughly) for CD products as everyone else here, so if they want to spend more and eat too then that is their choice surely?

We all know people who can eat what they want and never seem to put on weight but why should I be angry at them? I'm here to look after myself and not worry about the actions of others.

Just my 2 cents.

I definitely think the reason behind the thread has been totally misinterpreted as the pages go on. The thread wasnt created to have a go at people going off plan, it was a complaint about those that do going off plan and either coming on here saying they have but have still lost Xlbs. That puts the wrong message across to newcomers to the diet and its quite demoralising for those sticking to it. The complaint behind the thread wasnt at people going off plan. Lets face it most of us do.

Another point raised was people passing on their own cheats/tweaks as safe or doing no harm when its probably more down to luck than anything else. If you want to break the rules on a diet like this fill your boots but you cant then come on quoting what you did as safe/right

I cant believe people are threatening to leave Minis over one thread!!! Come on people its one thread out of 43,000 on Cambridge. The whole thing with forums is were not all going to agree all the time, how boring would that be, but a disagreement or difference of opinion really isnt a reason to stop posting.

Well this is what I found. And it shows that everyone is different. When I first started Cambridge I found it really hard going. In fact I found it would be impossible to keep up after about three days. Then I read a post that said somebody had a bit of mayonaise and salt with their chicken or meat on the SS plus. So I tried that and it made the difference to me of giving up completely and keeping going. Now I don't know if that means I'm not doing Cambridge or not. But I am pleased with my loss as I always find dieting hard going but don't blame anybody. Five pounds in 20 weeks on weight watchers. :(

100% All the way :) said:
Completely off topic here, but has anyone ever experienced leg cramps on this diet?

I did at the beginning, I got quite bad cramp in my thighs for some reason.

I'm really sorry that people have been upset by the discussion. Ultimately, we're all sacrificing normal amounts of food, even if we're having the odd bit or binge here or there, and we all need help and support. I don't want to stereotype, so I apologise if I offend anyone, but it seems to me that, generally speaking, people who are self-conscious enough about their weight to have to resort to a diet as drastic as this are already very sensitive to people's judgement on their eating habits. I haven't eaten in public for years on account of this very reason. It's frickin' horrible to have everyone in the restaurant staring at you, whispering about your consumption, so let's not stare at and whisper about each other. :)

I don't understand why anyone's weight loss or dietary habits bothers anyone else on this forum!

I've been 100% bar 1 chicken breast 2 weeks ago and I've read people who've had chocolate cake and lost more. Honestly I think good for them if it works!! I'm not jealous as I know I would suffer longterm..

Everybodies body works differently. Maybe a slow weightloss is because obe doesnt exercise or drink as much water
the boundary pushers you so begrudge. Purely petty and unreasoned arguments. It would be more valuable for people to focus on their vlcd and keep motivated than waste energy on useless argument!

Oh for goodness sake. I'm going back to edit my post with Starlight's quoted so people understand what's actually being said. This is getting out of hand.

Honestly, the guff I've got for this thread which was written about something I was struggling to get past in relation to the diet and needed support from other VLCDers to process... I'm a bit tempted to stop posting here. :\ I have written plenty of decent, supportive posts here and frankly I'm shocked and a bit upset of what I've been accused of in this thread, namely being judgemental, holier-than-thou, jealous and spiteful.

Tell me about it, andju. Wished I'd never bothered. :\ I didn't think it would exactly be popular opinion, but frankly I'm wishing I'd never opened my bloody mouth.

Well I did read the words on your first post of this thread something if i remember lovely people that seems to have been ignored I think everyone should just give it a rest now,its like a blinkin jeremy kyle episode x

Just want to add another voice saying that i can see you didn't mean to be judgemental as some people have interpreted.

You've clearly said that you understand that some people go off plan and that's fine.

All i can think is people are only reading a bit of the thread and then responding before reading the rest?

Thanks guys. Nice to see some people see what I was trying to say. :( x

Back