Vlcd to slimming world swap

leinadeoz

Hi everyone,

I have just lost 5 stone on a vlcd to qualify for ivf. My consultant has now suggested I swap to slimming world (I was going to swap to another well known club but he has advised this would be better!).

I just wondered if anyone else had swapped from a vlcd to slimming world and continued to loose weight? I ideally want to loose another 2 stone.

I am going to stick to red days for a while as I have pcos an carbs don't generally agree with me.

Thanks and look forward to getting to know everyone x

Start weight - 18.6lb
Current weight - 13.7lb

Hi not much help on switching front, but just want to say well done for your loss so far :)
I've got pcos too and find I loose weight easier on red days, I do extra easy sometimes too and still loose!
Good luck I'm sure you'll so well with slimming world xx

Thanks timtim, looking forward to it although cant believe you loose weight on slimming world looking at things people have! X

Start weight - 18.6lb
Current weight - 13.2lb

Congrats on the loss so far :)

You might put on a small amount of weight for the first couple of weeks whilst your body gets used to the extra calories.. I know when I was calorie counting before slimming world and I upped my calories I put on a small amount, it didnt take long to start losing again.

dont let that put you off though, slimming world is a fantastic diet..

X

Me!

I swapped from Slim and save, had a week off in between where I gained a bit (about 2lbs, though as my slimming world weigh in is in the evening it showed as a 5lb gain) but my first week weigh in I lost 2.5lbs. I have then maintained for a week but it is entirely my fault. Slimming world is great, and it works if you stick to it. They push extra easy but I know a few people with PCOS who have to do the original (red) plan. It is also so much more maintainable than weight watchers because you only have to weigh certain things.

I will admit I found the 'freedom' difficult to adjust too but I seem to have it in control now and am enjoying it. I also have another 2stone to lose.

Good luck

Thanks for all your replies :) made me feel a bit better as I'm very worried about it! I have been doing slim and save too :) will be joining next Saturday so look forward to speaking to you all and expect a lot of questions from me!! X

Start weight - 18.6lb
Current weight - 13.2lb

Me too! I felt like I was reading a post I would have written.... Same story and same reason etc lol

On my first week after losing over 6stone on slim & save

Chose just to stick with red days too!

Hoping it works, Can't get used to eating so much after living on so little for so long....
Weigh in on Monday, fingers x

Hi kime, how are you getting on? I'm swapping over at weekend :)

X

Start weight - 18.6lb
Current weight - 13.2lb

Hi,

My mum swapped from vlcd. She gained 1lb the first week. Then lost an average of 2-3 lbs a week each week.

So don't worry. Low calorie diets are not forever, especially if your a busy person using up a lot of energy. Slimming World is sustainable in the long term.

Well done for your 5 stone loss. Pretty amazing :)

Moving on from Cambridge

Hi all,

Sorry all, just jumping ship from the Cambridge forum for a nose! I am currently on the CWP and its going really well however I am determined not to put it all back on again when I finish. I have just under two stone to lose and I am thinking about moving over to SW when I have 7lb or so left. I used to do SW a few years ago and lost 3 stone so I know it works, I just feel like I needed a bit of a break from food at the moment due to my nil existent will power!

Has anybody moved over from the CWP and did you gain any weight at all?

Thanks!

Hi

Yes I too did Cambridge diet and stopped when I had about 7lb to go and joined slimming world. My advice to you would be to get below your target by a few pounds, which would mean you being on the plan about 2 extra weeks. Think I put about 6-7lbs back on even though I was on slimming world. I look back now and wish I had got below target as it was so hard to loose that last bit. In the end I gave up trying to get to target and put about a stone and a half On. I have now rejoined slimming world again and hoping to get to target this time!

Hi

Yes I too did Cambridge diet and stopped when I had about 7lb to go and joined slimming world. My advice to you would be to get below your target by a few pounds, which would mean you being on the plan about 2 extra weeks. Think I put about 6-7lbs back on even though I was on slimming world. I look back now and wish I had got below target as it was so hard to loose that last bit. In the end I gave up trying to get to target and put about a stone and a half On. I have now rejoined slimming world again and hoping to get to target this time!

Great advice, thank you. I did think about that but wondered what goal weight I would tell the sw consultant when I first joined the group. As well as keeping my eye on what I am eating, I like the idea of the weekly weigh in with group support to keep me in check. Which plan did you start on? After having the control of cambridge I am starting to feel a little scared about reintroducing my eating again. I will definitely be going through all th steps before I move over.

Great advice, thank you. I did think about that but wondered what goal weight I would tell the sw consultant when I first joined the group. As well as keeping my eye on what I am eating, I like the idea of the weekly weigh in with group support to keep me in check. Which plan did you start on? After having the control of cambridge I am starting to feel a little scared about reintroducing my eating again. I will definitely be going through all th steps before I move over.

You have to start eating again at some point so you might as well do it in a healthy way with slimming world. I moved from a vlcd to sw with a week in between, gaining 3lbs.

I know this is an old post but I was searching for the answers for this exact question so it gives me so much hope! Thank you all xx

Is there anyone else new that is doing the same thing?

Back