VLCD when youre ill

Starlight

Gold Member
Ive been ill since Thurs.

Yesterday I was violently sick all day and if Im out of bed for more than 20 mins I get very dizzy and light headed.

Yesterday I had only water, not much, as I couldnt even keep that down but I feel less sick today but still really wiped out if Im up.

Im wondering if the fact Im so dizzy and light headed I should really have something to eat. My mums on her way over with bread, soup, eggs for me. I know itll bump me out of ketosis but Im not too stressed about that.

Whats anyone else done under these circumstances

Hi that sounds terrible! My councillor at Cambridge diet said if I we're to get very ill, it's best to eat healthilly but sensibly until you're better.

Otherwise your body simply doesn't have the calories and fuel to make you well again, which can make you sicker for longer.
Hope you feel better soon!

I've recently had flu and I felt the same. I was vomiting, achey and weak but I asked the gp if I should start eating and she said eating wouldn't help. She just recommended I had lots of fluids. If you feel like you need to eat though, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world! If you're feeling that rough then you're probably not going to want to eat loads anyway. I know when I had flu it was the last thing I felt like doing. Get well soon!

If you come off plan, will you be able to slip back into plan when you are better? Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi that sounds terrible! My councillor at Cambridge diet said if I we're to get very ill, it's best to eat healthilly but sensibly until you're better.

Otherwise your body simply doesn't have the calories and fuel to make you well again, which can make you sicker for longer.
Hope you feel better soon!

Thats sort of the way I was thinking and wondering if eating nothing will make the dizziness worse

I've recently had flu and I felt the same. I was vomiting, achey and weak but I asked the gp if I should start eating and she said eating wouldn't help. She just recommended I had lots of fluids. If you feel like you need to eat though, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world! If you're feeling that rough then you're probably not going to want to eat loads anyway. I know when I had flu it was the last thing I felt like doing. Get well soon!

Couldnt imagine anything worse than eating right now lol

If you come off plan, will you be able to slip back into plan when you are better? Hope you feel better soon xx

Oh I will, absolutely :)

I'm new so I'm not really sure what you should do but I just wanted to say get well soon. Its rotten feeling ill - I hope you feel much better soon x

if you stick with the packs,at least you know you are getting the right amount of daily vitamins,so may help you to recover.

Oh :( hope you're better soon!

I think the last thing I could tolerate when I'm sick is a shake :p I wouldn't take one personally because then I'd begin to mentally associate sickness with shake..

If you gotta eat you gotta eat. Let mummy look after you and you'll be on fit form to get back into the plan. We all know how dedicated you are Starlight, so I'm sure you'll be back on great form before too long xxx

I would deffo have something to eat,not too many carbs though, but some chicken, or eggs or somethng light would help i think x x

Starlight, I agree with Cheryl, perhaps try light low carb meals, it should help with the dizzy spells. Hope you feel well soon!

Clair x

When I was poorly with tonsilitis that went on for days, I added in more meat & veg, and it did seem to help.
I also split my shakes into half ones and had them all hot, so really warm, milky comforty drinks regularly through the day.
I do hope you're feeling better soon.
Take care xxx

Hope you feel better soon.x

Sounds like you might need to eat what your body is telling you at the moment, and that may be carbs. Hope you feel better soon.

Ive been ill since Thurs.

Yesterday I was violently sick all day and if Im out of bed for more than 20 mins I get very dizzy and light headed.

Yesterday I had only water, not much, as I couldnt even keep that down but I feel less sick today but still really wiped out if Im up.

Im wondering if the fact Im so dizzy and light headed I should really have something to eat. My mums on her way over with bread, soup, eggs for me. I know itll bump me out of ketosis but Im not too stressed about that.

Whats anyone else done under these circumstances

I had a throat infection and could hardly swallow and was in bed all week on my aamw. Managed to drink my 2 litres of water and stick to total solution and get better without any antibiotics or tablets of any kind.
Probably depends if you can cope with the pain if you want to stick to the diet 100% or not xxx

Back