V's Diary

Well, I had lost weight at my first weigh in (on CDC scales 2.2kg which is 4.85lbs) but I tend to do my weigh ins on the Monday mornings, as I've always weighed in in the mornings previously. I can only go to my CDC in the evening, which is fine, but I just don't trust the weigh in. Not long till the next weigh in really.

The CD part itself is going surprisingly well too. This is 3rd time (1st time I gave up, 2nd time I was just using up my leftover packs) and I have had even less side effects. First time I had major toilet issues as well as headaches, second time I had mild headaches infrequently when I first started but couldn't sleep too well, and this time, no side effects whatsoever. Plus this time and the last, I didn't feel hungry at all. Hope this lasts when I start slowly adding in food!

Mixed bag

First, confessions: I had a fair amount of milk in my massive costa coffee (with sweetener, not sugar) both yesterday and the day before. And I had about 125ml orange juice. But I've generally had quite a good week...mostly sticking to the diet and keeping up with the gym.

I weighed in a day early today (Sunday) which was my original weigh in day anyhow. Anyhow that bit's the great news...I've lost 5.1lbs. I've counted again and again (as I don't keep a note of my weight, just the amount of loss each week by taking it off my original weight) to make sure I've not made a mistake, and I've not. I really have lost 5.1lbs! Anyhow I'm ecstatic about that.

One thing that I'm not dwelling on is that I've not met my 2nd target either to reach 14stone by today. To be fair I'm only 1.8lbs over it, so I reckon in the next few days (by Wed/Thu) I should meet it. Targets wouldn't be so useful if I were meeting them too easily...I think mine are just the right amount of challenge for me. So I'm turning this all into a positive :)

V

Thurs - met goal :)

So, I've now met my 14stone or under goal as I'm 0.6lbs less than that now. BMI is also now approaching just overweight, rather than obese; that should happen over the next 10 days or so.

Monday

I'm shocked...I've lost 4.2lbs. Ok, to be fair, it's a Monday weigh in which is 8 days since the last one, instead of 7...but still, it feels good to lose 4.2lbs. My weightloss seems to be gathering pace rather than stalling. I have started moving up the plans in time for my London trip mid June, and it looks like again, eating might have kickstarted my metabolism...to higher than it was when I initially started. Anyhow, even if I don't fully understand....I'm very happy :)

V

My BMI's bang on 30 at the moment, so I'm so close to being overweight. Most people won't be happy being overweight, but I'll be ecstatic when I'm consider overweight (rather than obese!). I've broken the 40lbs mark from my max weight which is great. I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow morning, and I might just be just overweight then. Fingers crossed...

V

Hehe

I'm down into the overweight category :D Is so nice to not be obese anymore. My weight loss was only 2.9lbs when I did my WI...which I'm ok with, although would have been nice to see a little bit more (even 3.1lbs...something to take me over the 3lb barrier), but I do realise I had a large loss last wk which could contribute to a lower one this week.

I'm really happy that I'm getting down to nearer a weight where I feel happier in myself. In about a stone from now, I don't feel fat anymore...just a bit podgy, which is better than feeling fatter than everyone else.

In other news...my last gym session was Saturday just gone (31st May) at JJB, so I checked out the uni gym and it's really, really nice. I'm trying out the gym with a 4 sessions for £10 trial starting Tues, so I hope it lives up to how good it looks. Shame I don't have an ipod....you can plug it in and watch the movies on the screen. Am trying to get my friends to join the same one so I can play racquet sports with them there too :)

I've been to the uni gym twice now, and they gave me the first session as a freebie so I have 3 more to go. I like it there. It is a bit busier than JJB (cos I used to go quite late to JJB) and the weekend opening hours are not as good, but I'm enjoying it there. I'm going there tomorrow as it's been a couple of days since I went. Then I'm going twice next week before heading to London on Saturday.

Speaking of London, I'm a bit worried. I don't want to miss out on all the restaurants. I'm vegetarian and don't usually get much choice of eateries here...espec when a lot of them don't really understand what's veggie and what's not....so when I go to London, I love going to the many veggie restaurants. At the same time I don't want to put on any weight, especially since I've now got an invite to Buckingham Palace for the Red Cross Garden Party on 9th July, and want to look my best for it. Some of the best veggie/vegan eateries in London that are affordable are buffets...and in my head, the more I eat, the more I get my money's worth. I've always struggled with buffets...can't help it.

V

Feel like I've cheated....

I feel like I've cheated but I haven't. It's odd. I think it's because I've strayed outside my own plan where I'm working my way back to eating. I was gonna have 2 packs and a meal today, but I've had 2 meals today (and will have a pack later). I've still eaten healthy, small portions, so wouldn't consider it cheating...but I still feel as I have. It's odd. I think I craved the extra meal because I put some salt in, and I crave salty foods after a gym session. I went to the gym this morning. Anyhow we'll see what my weigh in says tomorrow.

Last edited:
Week 10 Weigh-In

I've lost 3.3lbs in the previous week, which I'm really happy about. I think I mentioned near the start, that the figure 3 seems to be my number....and it really seems to be. In the next couple of days, I'll run out of packs completely...and I'll be back to eating normally, allbeit on not so many calories as I was previously used to. Scary, but exciting too really. It'll be a busy time for me, so it'll be a good time for me to make the full transition...as when I'm busy, I tend to not eat so much. Tonight, I'm going to see if I can find some nice black combats/cargo trousers from one of the supermarkets. Tomorrow I've got the gym, then a friend coming round for some tea. Wednesday, I've got my haircut before I start my lateshift. Thursday I've got gym, and then if I've not got my trousers today, I'll need to get some from town (Thurs is late-night shopping night). Fri I'll need to print out all the info I need for London, and pack all my stuff and book a taxi. Saturday early morning, I'll be on my way.

Well I'm getting back into the healthy eating and exercise to aid my weight loss. I started at the beginning of April and have over 2/3 of a stone. Unfortunately I have had a fever the last few days and I don't like to have a calorie deficit while ill (just in case it makes the illness longer) and I've probably put a lb instead of losing a lb in the same time. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in again though...hopefully dieting from Tuesday again, and doing some light gym work from Wednesday morning. My first goal is probably not doable now, but my 2nd goal is well within my reach I think. I'm just getting impatient with being ill....I want to get back on track!

Started Exante yesterday

Well, as the title says, I started on Exante yesterday (a vlcd), although I did cheat and have a genoa slice and milky tea. Because my calories for the day would only have been 750, I'm pretty sure it won't hold me up too much. I've stuck to 3 packs today, although did have about 7 soya chunk pieces (50 calories extra) in my mushroom soup this evening. I managed to walk half an hour yesterday and walk 1hr 5 mins today. I think all in all, it's a positive start.

Tomorrow's plan: 20mins walk lunchtime, 40mins walk after work with a colleague, a chocolate Exante shake for brekky, an Exante bar for lunch, and an Exante vegetable soup for dinner with 5 soya chunks (extra protein just for the first 4 days while I'm easing into the diet).

I've been doing surprising well on Exante. I thought I'd find it more difficult, as I had more headaches with the Cambridge Diet, and more hunger the first few days. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis as I'm making big losses and I'm only 4 days in, and my body fat on the scales has budge a couple of percent down the way (I'd been dieting and exercising before too). I'm 95.5kg now (210.6lbs). I'm looking forward to being under 90kg (198.45lbs)....I know that will give me a psychological boost when I would probably be beginning to get bored 3 weeks in...

Hi stick at it the headaches soooon go away trust me.!

Thanks Shanny, it's actually not been as bad as I thought (just a few here and there!) :) Wow!!! I just checked out your before and after pics on your profile, you look fab!! You must be at goal?? :D

Last edited:
1st Weigh-in - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's my 1st official weigh-in since I started Exante a week ago, and I've lost 3.15kg (6.95lbs)!!!! That's half a stone in a week!!! I know it'll slow down now a bit, but I'm still really chuffed:party0011: I've done loads of exercise (10.5 miles walking, and 1.5 hours in the garden) so I'm guessing that really helped too. Am off for my first gym visit since starting Exante this evening....hope I still have the stamina :)

Success at the Gym :)

I went to the gym yesterday and managed an hour on various cardio equipment. I would have gone for longer, but the gym was closing. In that time I managed 4.17miles between the cross-trainer, treadmill, and reclining bike. Since one of my personal aims is to be able to jog for half hr without stopping, the treadmill was a particular success, and I managed to run 7 out of 21 mins (1/3 of the time). Next week I'm aiming for 9 mins out of 24 mins (3/8 of the time), and the week after for 15 out of 30 mins (1/2 of the time). I'm really feeling positive about my achievements and goals :D

I'm doing pretty well still. I walked about 3 miles on Tuesday, 2/3s of a mile yesterday and today, as well as 4.5 miles at the gym today (between the reclining bike, cross trainer and treadmill). All in all I've done more than 12.5 miles this week and it's not even Thursday!! On the downside, totm is making me ravenous!

Thanks Shanny :)

Have had such a good diet and exercise week last week. Would have liked to lose more. I've weighed in this morning and lost 1.85kg (4lbs). I know that's brill, but I've done over 20miles as well as vlcd and it's just my 2nd week in.

So Proud of Myself :D

I weighed in today and have lost 1.95kg (4.3lbs) and I'm happy with that. I also started adding meals today (planning to up my calories to 1000 this way for a couple of weeks before stepping back down to just Exante for the final 2 weeks before I go back to a more normal healthy diet). It went well, with no digestive system issues. From past experience, re-feeding time can be a bit of a pain literally, and mean a lot of toilet troubles, so I'm rather happy it's gone well so far. Also, I went on my first proper outside jog today with my friend and my manager, and it felt great running through the park :) That's pretty good going after an hour in the gym yesterday :)

Proud of Myself :D

Back