Wales Daily Diary...

I'm loving the pic too, you look fab...

xxx

Morning all, hope everyone is well today. The sun is shining and I feel so much more human, fingers crossed the infection is gone.

Thanks very much for all your support, it truly helps and makes me smile :D

Early morning weight this morning was 12st 2 which has really (really) pleased me. I have a weigh in on Tuesday with CDC. I have been making 80% really good choices and the weight has remained steady, and I expect to see a small loss at the official weigh which will be 2 weeks since prev one. I am going to order 1 CD product per day for the next couple of weeks and discuss with CDC what I should do next. She says she is happy to keep coming and weighing me every 2 weeks. She is pleased with me as I was one of her first clients and the first to get almost all the way through the plan!

Other than that, quiet day, washing and ironing, also perhaps a few tears as Extreme Makeover Home Edition is on at the mo!

I also have some items on ebay coming to an end also some other items to list - not going to make me a millionaire but has cleared out my wardrobe (again) and might make some money to buy something new for me :) (just don't tell OH)

Morning hon
So good to here you are feeling better today......
Well done for making the right choices whilst you have been unwell and pleased that your weight is steady... thats fab..
Your cdc is great for still coming to you thats really good..
I have loads to put on ebay too just found 2 coats really nice from gap one I only wore a handful of times last year and they were XL I tried one on it was so funny it was hanging on me..

Hope you make some money to buy something to cheer you up and make you feel better..

Have a good day hon x

Glad your feeling better hun and also being good with your plans. Think i will probably go to 2 weekly weigh in's when i get further up the plans....at the moment i need the reassurance i supposed on a weekly basis!
I've just had to turn the TV off as there is nothing on! BOO! I do love Extreme Makeover home edition though! Always good for a weepy! lol

Hope your having a super monday

xx

Official weigh in with CDC this evening and a 2lb loss (over the last fortnight) which I am thrilled with. This last week has been a bit up and down with being poorly sick and a few temptations in the way, so am thrilled. I bought 14 products from her to give me one a day for the next fortnight and I have another weigh in scheduled for two weeks time and I think that might be my last one :wave_cry:

We both said tonight it feels like I have been seeing her for ages but it is just over 5 months. So will be strange to cut the ties to her, but I feel really positive about it at the same time.

I have also made an appointment to see the acupuncturist I used to see a couple of years ago. I went to see her about fertility issues and to regulate my cycle. Cycle was put right but it didn't help fertility. It was always the plan that I would have acupuncture during my ivf cycle, and now that we are just waiting for a date to start I have been back in touch and she can see me in her clinic - I am really pleased.

So whilst I am cutting back on the money I spend on CD I will now spend on acupuncture!

My items on ebay sold quite well, don't plus sizes sell so well! So I have now bought a couple of skirts for work and have a bid in on some Next skinny jeans for a couple of nights out planned for Oct.

Food wise choices are still ok, even with temptations. Mainly Quaker porridge for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch and then chicken/ turkey with pitta and veg or salad for tea. Really enjoying avocado and chicken salad and also nectarines and plain yoghurt - yum yum. Also made pact with OH not to have any chocolate in the house for the next month. We will see if he keeps his end of the bargain.

Back to yoga tomorrow, work is not too horrendous at the moment so all is pretty good. Hope everyone is well, just going to catch up on more diaries on here...

Well done hon on the 2lbs... yay!

xxx

Thanks Katy - hope you have a great day today!

Morning scales say 12 2 which is great. Food for today will be porridge, left over salad for lunch, choc tetra, and then probably chicken salad for dinner. Plenty of fruit and water as well.

Sky looks a little cloudy and grey but you can see a blue sky behind it, so fingers crossed for another nice day...

Hey hon
Well done for losing 2 lbs..... its so nice at this stage to see the scales still moving especially as you are so close to goal..

Great idea to have accupunture hon, I didnt when I had IVF but I know other people did and it really does help...
Sounds like a good food diary today hon.
Have a good one xxx

YAY for the 2lbs - that's a brilliant loss. I haven't weighed for 3 weeks and expect a STS despite sticking to plan most of the time. It seems carbs are really bloating me. Oh well I like carbs too much to give them up so will have to cope with the lack of loss.

Good luck with the acupuncture - I've never tried it but so many of my friends and colleagues love it.

well done on the 2lbs off hun! must be super at this stage of the plans!
I cant imagine cutting all ties with my CDC, the products yes, but i think i will still be going over to hers for a monthly weigh in just for control and guidance. I dont have scales in the house at the moment, but plan to get some....eventually!

Hope you have a super day today hun

xxx

Well done on your 2lbs loss, excellent. I finally cut all ties with my CDC last week and dont regret it at all, at some point we have to move on and enjoy a life eating "normally", not always falling back onto CD products, the diet has to become a thing of the past and maintenance a thing of the future....

Well done on the 2lb loss Wales, this is inspiring. Hope the acupuncture helps, I had it a few times for backache and the first time it made me feel as though I was floating up the road afterwards - lovely feeling!

Hey everyone, thanks for all your comments. I think I will make the next meeting with my CDC the last one. She is a lovely woman and had always been there for me but never has anywhere near as much to lose as I did, wasn't on the plan for very long and I don't think she followed maintenance through - but she was great to me and was always there if I needed her. But, like many people I got more advice and support from here!

I have been thinking about what I have been eating and the choices I have made and I feel very positive. I have had lots of fruit, more varieties than I used to buy. Plus I can walk round a supermarket with my CD head on - I haven't bought any convenience food or in between meal food ie. a pasty or a sausage roll or a pre packed sandwich just because I could. And this is something I used to do all the time before CD - stuff my face in the car before I went back to work or before I got home. So whilst some work is needed on portion control am pleased with 80% of my choices.

Bess - I loved acupuncture, and I agree with the floaty feeling. I used to just want to get into my PJs and not have to drive home!

Challenge tonight as I am making a cheesecake for the Macmillan Coffee Morning at work tomorrow. I did lick the spoon once the mix was made but will make sure everything goes into the cake for tomorrow. Tomorrow will also be a challenge with lots of lovely food around!

Early morning weight 12st 3, weight when I got home from work was 12st 4 which was very pleasing. Food today has included porridge, banana, nectarine, apple, grapes and choc tetra. Dinner will be chicken and avocado salad with more fruit and natural yoghurt for pud.

Off for an eyebrow wax (how glam) and then back for dinner and a good catch up on everyones diaries. x

You sound really focussed Wales and I'm really happy for you. Keep doing what you are doing :)

Ps. I had to laugh at your food today 'has included' comment. I wrote that once when I was in OA and telling my sponsor my food for the day. I used it because I didnt' want to tell her I'd eaten a tub of icecream. Don't worry - I know you are on track but it just reminded me about how useful English could be :)

At work our corporate charity partner is Macmillan and yesterday was the Great Big Coffee Morning and I played it safe and organised the bottle tombola. But as I can't enter my own event I entered other raffles and um, the guess the weight of the cake competition. I think with all this focus on lbs, ozs, kilos etc it must've sharpened my brain and I guessed the weight of the cake exactly and won - a 6lb 3oz chocolate cake. So I was tempted, I did give in and I do feel incredibly sick today. Lesson learnt.

Ps. I had to laugh at your food today 'has included' comment. I wrote that once when I was in OA and telling my sponsor my food for the day. I used it because I didnt' want to tell her I'd eaten a tub of icecream. Don't worry - I know you are on track but it just reminded me about how useful English could be :)

So Laura, yesterday my food 'did include' cake and that is as far as I prepared to go ;)

Other than that, 12 3 this morning which I so don't deserve. Today is plenty of water, the fruit I didn't eat yesterday and hopefully a long walk with family when they come down. Am going to portion up the cake give quite a bit to family and freeze the rest, hopefully it will go the way of the rest of the stuff in the freezer and stay there for months!

Up and out early to pick up parcels from the post office, 2 disappointing skirts from ebay but it was the most gorgeous sunrise with low lying mist in the fields. Mornings like these makes Ferrybridge look almost romantic (it's a powerstation by the way!)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

well done (i think lol) at winning the cake hun!
I usually do loads of baking in this house, and my neighbours love me as all my food gets dished out to them! lol. I dont think there is anything wrong with gorging on some chocolate cake, even too much of it, as long as the lessons are learned and taken forward. Never regret something that has happened, only regret it if you dont learn from it and keep making the same mistake.

ebay can be such a goldmine at times and other times is shockingly bad! I have most my wardrobe from there as i'm still scared to buy "real" clothes just in case i either expand or shrink more! lol.

hope you enjoy a good fruit and water day and the choc cake doesnt resurface! :D

xx

Ouch, think that cake may have been too tempting for me too... still, it's safely in freezer now and hopefully will be with family soon! You did well to taste and then stop, cake is not safe in my house even now. Especially now, I guess.

Sounds like a beautiful morning where you are... I was up at 6.30 driving kids to town where a friend's dad is giving them lift up to Edinburgh for a uni open day... saw lost of herons and rabbits. There's something so lovely about being up & out early! Dry here but hard to tell if it will stay that way...

xxx

How funny that you won the cake!! I laughed at that! The only cake I really love is Christmas/Wedding cake. I made my daughters wedding cake, she was married in May. At the reception we only ate the little one, which was an extra because I was concerned there wouldn't be enough. This left the whole wedding cake! :eek:
My daughter took a 1/4 of it to work, I took a huge piece for the bellringers to eat at their next rehearsal but I did eat quite a lot. There was about 1/4 left and I knew I would eat it if it stayed in the house and so I took it to an old people's home along with the other bakewell tarts/lemon tarts I'd made and weren't touched ( told you I was concerned that guests shouldn't go hungry!!)

I've learnt my lesson now. I'm just going to make a small Christmas cake!

Well done on the non snacky stuff from the supermarket. My CD head is always firmly on during the day, it's the evening I have to watch out!

Back