Wales Daily Diary...

Finally - the cake has gone, some to family and friends and some in my tummy!

Bess - I have a very small piece of my wedding cake in the fridge (3.5 years old!!) it was the only piece I got as it all went far too quickly on the day.

Went into town yesterday shopping and bought a t-shirt from Diesel, a grey jumper dress which is lovely and soft plus a belt from Next to go with a soft grey dress already bought from M&S and I decided to buy the black sequinned top in my avatar pic. So they are my outfits for the social occasions coming up! I also got measured at M&S for a bra and think OH will be able to sue me under Trades Descriptions - I am now a 38D or 40C depending on styles - I was a 42G/H when I started this diet. The lady asked me if I wanted to try on a bra with padding - I nearly fell on the floor. I don't think I was a C cup when I was growing, think I went straight from a trainer to a D!

I have been slack in planning meals and also in measuring portions and it is showing on the scales, moving up ever so slowly 1/4lb at a time and I want to go the other way. We have social occasions for the next 3 weekends, the first I am driving to but the other 2 are for OHs 30th so I want to join in and have a drink or two. This may be the last time to have a little party before IVF starts (still no start date). I am going to look at the 1500 plan and make up some menu plans - as I know I still need to follow a diet plan and keep the numbers coming down.

Diet head is back on, just need to hold it there with both hands to keep focus for the moment.

My mantra for today is "little pickers wear bigger knickers" ;)

you must have bought so much of what i want to get! I saw a fab knitted jumper in M&S that i wanted but it was £35 so i had to walk away! :(

Get those scales back out in the kitcken for a bit hun until your a bit better with judging portion sizes. I have a fab spreadsheet that i have done for my meal plans working up the plans! let me know if you want it! I hate not being organised! lol. But then again, they might change as they are all the recipies out the book and they arent all to my taste but i have time on my side with that one!

Hope you get your date for IVF soon hun!

xx

The shopping trip sounds great... bet you feel great! Hope you get IVF date soon... fingers crossed!

xxx

Morning, but not a good one. Morning weight 12st 8! Well and truly lost focus, I know the issue is thinking I am back to normal eating when I am not at all. But what I have learnt from all these lovely diaries on here is to deal with this in the right way - through the plans!

No news from the clinic but I am away at meetings today so will give them a ring tomorrow. As last day of Sept today I don't think we will get an October start date so will be more than likely November start which gives me a realistic treatment start date of very early December based on my current cycle. So if I have another 8 weeks I think I will go back down to 810 and work up the plans correctly.

The combination of being ill and being told we were going to get a treatment start date meant I came of the plans immediately. Now I am fully better and realistically won't be at the clinic until early December I think I can plan in a smoother transition.

Today is going to be low carb/ low cal until I can read the yellow book again

Breakfast - porridge, banana
Lunch - choc tetra, cottage cheese & leaves, apple, nectarine
Dinner - chicken salad with brown rice, clemantine
Snack - choc shake

Onwards and upwards

I have a fab spreadsheet that i have done for my meal plans working up the plans! let me know if you want it!

Thanks Lizz that would be really great!

Oh, you organized lot!

Sounds like a good plan Wales, and having a better idea of timescale must help too... good luck! You CAN do this, time for all of us to get focused and get on with our lives! Go, girl!

xxx

Bess - I have a very small piece of my wedding cake in the fridge (3.5 years old!!) it was the only piece I got as it all went far too quickly on the day.

My mantra for today is "little pickers wear bigger knickers" ;)

What self control! 3 and a half years of lovely wedding cake smiling at you everytime you open the fridge!! :eek: I just couldn't do it!! You are amazing!!

The combination of being ill and being told we were going to get a treatment start date meant I came of the plans immediately. Now I am fully better and realistically won't be at the clinic until early December I think I can plan in a smoother transition.

Today is going to be low carb/ low cal until I can read the yellow book again

Breakfast - porridge, banana
Lunch - choc tetra, cottage cheese & leaves, apple, nectarine
Dinner - chicken salad with brown rice, clemantine
Snack - choc shake

Onwards and upwards

Brilliant plan! Diet head firmly screwed on again. ............now....... about that wedding cake! :eating: :copon:

Katy - I pretend to be organised but it is all a front done with smoke and mirrors ;)

Bess - I have just taken a look at the cake and um, it is rock hard. It is wrapped up and in a plastic butter dish in the door of the fridge. The rubbish we keep hold of!

Right, well today has been ok. Stuck to the plan, apart from a small piece of cake with a colleague who has left work today.

I have registered for a trial on Weight Loss Resource and it seems pretty good, calculated everything up with split of carb and protein plus worked out the calories I need daily to lose weight. So plan is, use the basis of the CD 1000 diet meals weighing everything I eat and record in WLR and monitor my portions and see how I go with that.

I got myself into a bit of a state last night about putting on a few pounds as I had lapsed a little over the weekend and over indulged. My reaction was over the top and I took myself off to bed early! With a clearer head this morning I understand that I have actually come really far, blipping with a couple of lbs going on isn't the end of the world as long as I move forward positively and ensure I don't add any more.

We are going to a birthday party on Saturday for one of OHs colleagues - so I want to be comfortable and confident for that. I am driving so will be on mineral water all night, so whilst great on the calories front not so good for the Dutch courage. I find I am embarassed talking about the weight loss with people who I know never mind people I don't really know. And why do people who don't really know you always ask how much you have lost - alternative suggestions on how to tell people to mind their own blooming business welcome!

Glad you are feeling happier... a few lbs gain will soon be gone, nothing to stress about. Talking about the loss to people you don't know well is tough - but you can hopefully get away with just laughing and saying you are trying to get into shape, people will be positive and pleased for you, and if you don't choose to give them details that's OK! Enjoy it - I think you'll be getting lots of compliments!

xxx

I often put on a couple of lbs at the weekend, but it comes off during the week without any effort. I bought a little book same size as a small dictionary, called Collins Gem "Calorie Counter". It is small enough to go into your handbag and has all the calories, carbs, fat and protein contents of lots of food, so if you are out and not sure whether to have that McVities Chocolate Digestive you can look it up in your little book.... is very handy and cheaper than WLR.

Have a good time at the weekend, take care xx

Well the weekend is finally here, yippee....

Morning weight was 12 5 which is a relief but still I would say still got 3lbs to go to get back to where I was. I am using WLR, have set a level around 1200 cals per day. Enjoying weighing food again and my kitchen is full of pieces of paper with all the scribbles of food weights on. Am also going to buy the book Greeneyes has recommended to have in my bag (hope you are on commission Linda!)

Lovely day tomorrow - meeting a friend for coffee in the morning, then nails and hair done in evening and party in the evening. Feeling more confident about that too (the power of a haircut ;))

Next Sat is OHs 30th so we are out for a meal next Friday night to our favourite Italian, so am looking forward to yummy fish and a bottle of something sparkly (that isn't water). We then have a week off work, family coming to visit and then a long weekend in London - so my plan is to eat sensibly within my 1200 limit when I have nothing on and then make sensible choices on food and drink when we are out and about. Most exciting is the new clothes I have in my wardrobe - I have big plans for what outfits I am going to wear to all these events - I just need the courage of my convictions to actually wear them out of the house and not get changed before we go out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Hey hon..
Sounds like your really focussed hon.. and oh so organised those few pounds will be off in no time.
I bet you look great in all your new outfits hon.. Enjoy being pampered tomorrow and have a great time at the party..
I love getting ready to go out now as I feel so much better and confident when dressed..
Enjoy it you deserve to be happy you have done so well ..
Have fun xx

Have a great weekend honey...

xxx

Morning weight 12 4, v. good.
Starbucks orange & lemon muffin, v. tasty but nearly blew the WLR calorie calc. But I enjoyed every mouthful and have amended daily intake and meals to include. It didn't trigger any naughty thoughts of other treats which is great.

Nails - done, Hair - cut (with straight fringe - eek), Outfit - ironed and ready to go, Small Talk - still need to do some work on that "ooh, isn't it windy today...", "no I have never been here before..."

I will have a read back of my last couple of posts after tonight to see if I needed to be as worried about going as I am (if that makes sense)

I am thinking of sharing pie & peas with OH at the party this evening, at least it isn't a calorie laden buffet, and peas are a veg right?

Right, off to google the location of this do and plan a route. Happy Saturday evening one & all x

You've got such a fun time ahead Wales, don't worry about the small talk, other people like mostly to talk about themselves - just get them going, 'Do you live nearby?' or any other non personal questions and watch them go. When you need to escape.....it's, 'Well I mustn't hold you up/keep you talking (!)' and off you go to mingle.
I'm not keen on big parties because I'm quite quiet but these are the tricks I've learned and they do work.
My Mother used to say, 'Never walk into a house looking as though you know who owns it; walk into it looking as though you don't care!'
Never quite got to grips with that one as I don't think I do either but I love her other missive: 'Never be rude by accident Darling, it's so ignorant! '

You'll look great anyway, be brave and wear your new outfits, knock them dead!! xx

'Never walk into a house looking as though you know who owns it; walk into it looking as though you don't care!'

'Never be rude by accident Darling, it's so ignorant! '

Thanks Curly, thanks Bess.

Bess I love both those quotes ;)

Actually it was very pleasant and once in the company of people you remember that they are quite nice!! Plus I am home by 10.30 and sat having a cup of tea on my sofa - old and boring but who cares x

Plus I am home by 10.30 and sat having a cup of tea on my sofa - old and boring but who cares x

That's the bit I like too!! After we've been out I take a cup of tea to bed and the crossword - lovely!

12 3 this morning, chuffed

Today
Breakfast -
30g special k
omelette - 1 slice bacon, cherry toms, red onion, mushroom, 10g grated cheese, 2 new potatoes sliced (yummy)

Lunch -
Fruit

Dinner -
Turkey & veggies

Up early this morning as OH off to work at 6am so have already had breakfast and my brunch omelette!

Had pie & peas at the party last night and it was nice but didn't finish it which is the new me! Had a drink of coke and a J20 and they were so sugary!

Am supposed to be clearing out the spare room today in prep for family coming to stay but it is lovely and sunny in the living room I can't move off the sofa so am going to read a book lying in the sun just relaxing and tidy up this afternoon (yeah right).

Have my last apt with my CDC on Tuesday, then an acupuncture apt on Wed which I am really looking forward to. I rang the clinic on Friday but only got an answerphone, left a message but no return call so they are no1 on my Monday morning hit list.

All is good in this hood, hope everyone else finds some sunshine today x

Back