Wales - Life in 2011

Well done Wales... wow!!! You're doing great... you must be seeing a real difference now! When will you switch up to 810 do you think? Have a brilliant weekend.

xxx

Scales this morning give me the kick up the bum to do 810 properly, that it isn't a reason/ free pass/ incentive to eat 810 calories just in a different format. Am going to start correctly today and 810 through until next Friday. Need to get some more cottage cheese to replace the tub I troffed yesterday.

It is snowing here, not laying properly as the ground too wet but it is bitterly cold and me and the dog got well and truly wet and muddy when out first thing. Am off to meet a friend for coffee this morning, so either a flat black or a peppermint tea and no naughties.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that the snow and cold doesn't affect too many of you!

x

Scales this morning give me the kick up the bum to do 810 properly, that it isn't a reason/ free pass/ incentive to eat 810 calories just in a different format. Am going to start correctly today and 810 through until next Friday. Need to get some more cottage cheese to replace the tub I troffed yesterday.

It is snowing here, not laying properly as the ground too wet but it is bitterly cold and me and the dog got well and truly wet and muddy when out first thing. Am off to meet a friend for coffee this morning, so either a flat black or a peppermint tea and no naughties.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that the snow and cold doesn't affect too many of you!

x
Oh Wales - I'll stop feeling sorry for myself then - SNOW :eek: - much worse than the rain we have at the moment. I'm just trying to warm up with a coffee after my walk.

You are doing brilliantly, but I had the same struggle with 810. It's a plan to follow quite strictly but I used to give myself allowances so that I ate pretty much anything as long as I was within 810 cals. Didn't work unfortunately!

Enjoy your coffee / peppermint tea! I love pmint tea when it's cold out - might have to go an make myself a pot later.

Ugh, snow....bad enough here with rain and it's so cold...you brave souls are hardier than me, out dog walking already. I'm going to see to the animals, the dog will come too and then nip to the shops for some food. Hate food shopping, well any kind really, apart from book shopping! But as friends are coming for supper I'd really better get going before it gets too busy.
Good luck Wales, I always did the elastic version of 810 and look where it got me! That's a good reason to be scared into sticking with it! xx

Snow here too Wales... brr! Turning to sleet now so I don't think it will cause too much disruption, but am putting off dog walk until the sleet stops! Good luck with 810, it is important to do it properly, not that I can claim to have done that this last week. Or kept within 810 cals either... oops. Still, settling into it again now and you will too. Enjoy the coffee/pep tea and chat and have a fab weekend!

xxx

Friend and I postponed coffee and a chat as the weather was so awful this morning. Caught up on a bit of TV, hoovered and done a huge pile of ironing. Unfortunately fell into a cottage cheese and ham sandwich. So lots of water and shakes for the rest of today. Snow has stopped, turned in to rain and what little snow that has laid is melting. Think the rest of the day will remain miserable. Hope it doesn't lay too thick with you Katy.

More ironing to come, want to get OHs work shirts done. Dog is out for the count but will probably want a long walk soon. I am watching a programme on Sky Anytime, called Bridalpasty, a group of brides to be in the US competing for plastic surgery, knocking one of them out of the competition each week. How glamorous does the girl look who has just had a nose job :( Trash TV Saturday it is then!

Housework? Ironing? You want to get your priorities right girl. I used to find that when I got to the bottom of my ironing pile (on very rare occasions,) the girls had grown out of whatever was there!
We had some electrical work done this morning and the chap pulled the cooker out from it's place. It's been there for about 8 years...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:! There were spiders webs a plenty, not as much gunk as I thought there would be dropped down the sides and a little hazel nutshell which had a neatly nibbled mousehole in it. And a brick...? No idea either!
When I got back from shopping and seeing mum, it was all cleaned, put back and the electricians had gone. Fairies here, housework fairies - shall I send some to you Wales? xx :)

Just remembered the brick ...it was put there when our dog was a puppy and tried to squeeze herself into a small gap that was there.....probably after the mouse!

Housework? Ironing? You want to get your priorities right girl. I used to find that when I got to the bottom of my ironing pile (on very rare occasions,) the girls had grown out of whatever was there!
We had some electrical work done this morning and the chap pulled the cooker out from it's place. It's been there for about 8 years...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:! There were spiders webs a plenty, not as much gunk as I thought there would be dropped down the sides and a little hazel nutshell which had a neatly nibbled mousehole in it. And a brick...? No idea either!
When I got back from shopping and seeing mum, it was all cleaned, put back and the electricians had gone. Fairies here, housework fairies - shall I send some to you Wales? xx :)

Just remembered the brick ...it was put there when our dog was a puppy and tried to squeeze herself into a small gap that was there.....probably after the mouse!
Bess, you really do make me howl with laughter.:D Your ironing pile sounds very much like mine. I have ALWAYS had an ironing pile. I have never managed to not have one, and there is only me to iron for now :eek: Ditto the tumbleweed sized balls of whatever behind the cooker/washing machine, however I've never managed to find a brick behind aforementioned appliances before haha.

Same.... I find it very reassuring! Remember feeling very ashamed when we got new carpet in DDs room a few years back, the fitters had to drag a piano away from wall and shoogle carpet under it, it weighed a TON, and when they finally got it shifted the back was full of spiders webs and dust. They gave me a very disapproving glare and I felt awful as I rushed in with duster and hoover. Well, the thing had been there for 12 years, (we were given it!) and we had to get door off its hinges to get it in, and it took them ages to shift it a few inches, so did they think I could just haul it out for dusting and hoovering? I think not. If we ever leave this house it will have to stay behind!

xxx

FOR SALE A delightful residence located in a picturesque rural location in Scotland. This property boasts 4 bedrooms - two with en suite, 3 reception rooms, substantial kitchen/breakfast room.

The property is to be sold to include all carpets, curtains and a piano :D

FOR SALE A delightful residence located in a picturesque rural location in Scotland. This property boasts 4 bedrooms - two with en suite, 3 reception rooms, substantial kitchen/breakfast room.

The property is to be sold to include all carpets, curtains and a piano

Lol... not quite that s****y Chels! 3 bedrooms, not a single ensuite, 2 reception rooms if you count the little study room, teensy kitchen with no room to swing cat - yes, I have tried. Very nice writing shed and dead morris minor in garden... that's gotta be a selling point, right?

xxx

EDITED to say - hahhahaha! The word they starred out as rude was:
sw an ky. I clearly have a very foul mouth!!!

Lol... not quite that s****y Chels! 3 bedrooms, not a single ensuite, 2 reception rooms if you count the little study room, teensy kitchen with no room to swing cat - yes, I have tried. Very nice writing shed and dead morris minor in garden... that's gotta be a selling point, right?

xxx

EDITED to say - hahhahaha! The word they starred out as rude was:
sw an ky. I clearly have a very foul mouth!!!
Hahaha, I cannot believe they censored the word Sw an ky. How very funny :D That has cheered me up no end..Miss Potty Mouth lol xxx

Better watch you two you as you could get my thread closed down ;)

We had the boiler serviced on Friday and the guy needed to check all the radiators were working throughout the house. I asked him if I could confirm this on his behalf rather than him having to climb over piles of rubbish and washing and ironing piles in the bedroom - but he said no he needed to do it - I was mortified :(

Better watch you two you as you could get my thread closed down ;)

We had the boiler serviced on Friday and the guy needed to check all the radiators were working throughout the house. I asked him if I could confirm this on his behalf rather than him having to climb over piles of rubbish and washing and ironing piles in the bedroom - but he said no he needed to do it - I was mortified :(
Oh joy..........another "Not a Domestic Goddess" for me to play with :D I got locked out yesterday whilst ushering out the two blokes that bought my old telly. The door slammed behind us all and there was me, duster in hand still dusting the sodding thing out on the landing.........doh!!! Like I cared, really, that it had a bit of dust on it. As my health visitor used to say, no-one ever died from a bit of household dust!! xx

As my health visitor used to say, no-one ever died from a bit of household dust!! xx

Sure? Call the undertaker........send him to:-

Slutty Mum inc.
Muddy Farmhouse,
Cow Sh*tty track,
Slopshire.

I remember being given a postcard once which said 'boring women have immaculate homes'. Phew! I must be so interesting! :)

Same.... I find it very reassuring! Remember feeling very ashamed when we got new carpet in DDs room a few years back, the fitters had to drag a piano away from wall and shoogle carpet under it, it weighed a TON, and when they finally got it shifted the back was full of spiders webs and dust. They gave me a very disapproving glare and I felt awful as I rushed in with duster and hoover. Well, the thing had been there for 12 years, (we were given it!) and we had to get door off its hinges to get it in, and it took them ages to shift it a few inches, so did they think I could just haul it out for dusting and hoovering? I think not. If we ever leave this house it will have to stay behind!

xxx

We moved our piano to another room 2 years ago......., spiders and webs, £5 :D !! and a mouse eaten candle.....and....the mummified mouse :eek:.

We ripped up the carpet in the boys room about 2 years ago so we could lay laminate flooring.... between the carpet and underlay was a dead very very flat mouse..... unbelievable, I was mortified as I do my best at keeping the place clean and tidy..... obviously I am not good at it!!

Have a great day Wales xx

We ripped up the carpet in the boys room about 2 years ago so we could lay laminate flooring.... between the carpet and underlay was a dead very very flat mouse..... unbelievable, I was mortified as I do my best at keeping the place clean and tidy..... obviously I am not good at it!!

Have a great day Wales xx
Yuk, that happened to us a couple of years ago, one of the cats must have brought it in and it hid under a rug and inadvertently got trodden on. I had no idea of its presence until I lifted up rug to hoover. Gross :(
We moved our piano to another room 2 years ago......., spiders and webs, £5 :D !! and a mouse eaten candle.....and....the mummified mouse :eek:.
Maybe that's where Eric has gone. Can you have a little look for me please?????
Sure? Call the undertaker........send him to:-

Slutty Mum inc.
Muddy Farmhouse,
Cow Sh*tty track,
Slopshire.

I remember being given a postcard once which said 'boring women have immaculate homes'. Phew! I must be so interesting! :)
Lol, but not as interesting as me........... hahaha xx

Hey Wales, How are you doing hunny, hope all is going well
xx

Back