Wales - Life in 2011

Have a brilliant weekend Wales... your poor little doggy, bet she's not fat at all, don't see how she can be fat with all those walks! The hunger comes and goes for me, this morning was tough but I'm fine now... hope you manage to stay in the zone.

xxx

Had an early night last night and a longer lie than usual this morning and feel much better for it. Dog is up 3kg since her op in October which is shocking really, so it is smaller portions and limited treats for her. She has also had a reaction to the suture fabric they used in her op so she has lumps under her scar and it breaks through in a few places so scabs up a little and is a bit infected. She was very brave as the vet removed one of the knots whilst we there there and cleaned up the rest. So we left with anti-b's and anti-inflamatory tablets and just need to keep clean and use sudocreme. If it doesn't clear up or if it comes back she might have to have another op to swap out the stitches. We then took her on a massive walk, went our usual route but crossed the stream (I have new wellies that don't leak) and up and round a huge field which had a good climb up for part of it. So she is pooped and so are we!!

Had a shake for lunch, just about to spring clean the living room and bedroom - better exercise for me than a work out DVD!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday x

Hey Wales, aww poor doggie at least she's got her meds to make her better now! ooh new wellies, loved wearing my new wellies in the snow haven't had wellies since i was a kids. You sound so full of energy hunny, walking and spring cleaning too!! Enjoy your weekend xxx

Poor little Ruby... I guess that takes care of the sausages in the fridge problem, though! The walk sounds good, well done!

xxx

Difficult with dogs to keep the weight off isn't it? Mine has put a bit on, but that's because I haven't ridden for a long time so she's not had many walks. She only has 2 meals a day each consisting of one teacup of dried food (James Welbeloved- it's seems to not affect her ears as much as some) and no treats, apart from the bits she scavenges from the kitchen floor when I drop something as I'm cooking.

Spaying makes this worse of course, but then not spaying leads to mammary tumours eventually, which is how we lost our beloved Amber. :cry:Wish I'd known earlier......... Anyway, you could always keep a few bits of Ruby's feed ration back as treats for her I suppose?
Have a good weekend.xxx

I saw you wrote on another thread that you've got into a smaller pair of jeans!! Kept that quiet didn't you?!! Well done! xx

I saw you wrote on another thread that you've got into a smaller pair of jeans!! Kept that quiet didn't you?!! Well done! xx

Thank you, they are still a bit tight but wearable. Also the scales had moved a few lbs this morning as well so that is motivating as it was almost STS since last weekend.

What is not so motivating is working out that I still need to lose 3st to be at the very top of a healthy BMI :(

I don't think I have ever been a healthy BMI and in some ways I want to try and get there just to say I have done it. But another part of me just thinks, get back to feeling fab and stay there, even if classed as overweight. Who wants normal anyway!

I have set myself a target of end of March to be off SS. We have a weeks leave from 28 Feb, so I think I will move to 810 just to cover that week. Also OH mentioned today a suprise "something" on 5 March, which will be for our 5th wedding anniversary. He won't tell me what it is, so I asked probing questions like
"will I need a new outfit?" No (hmm not liking that)
"will I have to break my SS diet to participate" Yes
"will I have to come out of ketosis to participate" Possibly

We have talked non-stop about what we would eat if we went to our favourite Italian restaurant so fingers crossed that is included (pea and prawn risotto - and i don't really like prawns!)

Anyhow rambling on. Think we are going on the Kinect once the football has finished. Currently playing injury time so not much longer to go. Might warm up my cold toes.

Here's to a bright and sunny Sunday wherever we all are x

Difficult with dogs to keep the weight off isn't it? Mine has put a bit on, but that's because I haven't ridden for a long time so she's not had many walks. She only has 2 meals a day each consisting of one teacup of dried food (James Welbeloved- it's seems to not affect her ears as much as some) and no treats, apart from the bits she scavenges from the kitchen floor when I drop something as I'm cooking.

We have the opposite problem with Molly - she doesn't put on weight whatever we do. We tried to increase her food a little recently as she was looking a bit too thin, but she seems to just adjust her energy accordingly :rolleyes:. It doesn't help that she snuffled a pancake tonight as I was failing to show off my pancake flipping skills. She swallowed it whole and then promptly threw it back up with the rest of her dinner a couple of hours later. The pancake was still completely intact :eek:

Thank you, they are still a bit tight but wearable. Also the scales had moved a few lbs this morning as well so that is motivating as it was almost STS since last weekend.

Well done on getting into smaller trousers! My "goal jeans" haven't fitted me since last summer :mad:. I will get in them again before this year is over!

What a lovely OH planning your anniversary. We are terrible for forgetting ours...in the 9 years we've been married I think we've actually only celebrated ours on the actual anniversary date twice!

What is the Kinect like? We are pondering selling the Wii and getting the Kinect as the children love it (only tried it in the shop).

Have a great Sunday!

Morning Wales,
Hey hunny don't let those negative thoughts invade! you're doing brilliantly!! Ooh lovely a suprise for your anniversary, how lovely! it's mine n hubbys on the 3rd March, we've booked to see Stewrt Lee on the 4th, always try to do something for our anniversary because we never do the valentine thing. Good plan to move up to 810 for your leave gives you bit more room for manouevre.
Glad the scales are still dropping too!
Have a fab Sunday hun
xx

Good morning wales lovely to read about you getting into a smaller pair of jeans.! way to go.!!!

you will be fine to stay on SS then to move up to 810, im enjoy 810 so far .

happy cding sunday x

Morning all, currently doing some ironing and watching the tennis. Hmm, don't think Murray is going to make it somehow. We were going to watch the cricket that we had recorded but that is going t*ts up as well so might just put on the radio!

Bess - fab idea of keeping some of her food as treats, will use a few in her kong and block the top with a round biscuit, should last longer.

Alli - that must be a worry if she can't put on weight. My cousins collie was like that, until she started eating tripe and now she has bulked up a little. Mind you I hear it honks though - both before and after! And to be clear, I sold my goal jeans on Ebay last year I think I only ever got them fastened once, and lost the power to breath at the same time :sigh:

Katy - the last of the sausages are being used to hide the pills she was prescribed so as they are of medical benefit we will use them up rather than throw them away. But won't be buying again.

Lelly and Shanny thanks for your Sunday morning "hellos" hope you both, and everyone else, has a fab Sunday. More ironing, cleaning the upstairs, walking the dog and perhaps a trip into Leeds this afternoon. Phew, exhausted just thinking about it need to sit down with a coffee for ten mins!

xx

Oooh Happy Anniversary on the 5th, That`s my birthday ;)

I hope your Sunday is going well Xx

I know what you mean about the 'goal' jeans Wales, I have a pair of those and did wear them for an evening......still got them.....for now! I bought some lovely summer dresses last year and since my wardrobe is diminishing and I won't buy any 'big clothes', I'd better get on with something... I feel like a scaredy cat sitting on the side pf the pool with my feet in the water, watching everyone else swimming......I'll jump in soon, I promise. :)

Hey all. Not so good a Sunday in the end, went off track in the evening - chicken and veg, 2 glasses of wine, chocolate and some ice cream. Somehow think I managed to remain in ketosis today - naff breath, cold and not hungry at all. Plus I had a drop on the scales a couple of days ago, after a week of nearly nothing, and nothing has gone back on (yet...)

OH is on SS+ this week until the weekend when he is coming off, so just having food in the house is going to be weird/ strange/ tough!

I am sticking with SS until the end of Feb. A couple of days off here and there - girls lunch in London this weekend, meal out to celebrate the wedding of friend at work. But I would like to lose about another stone on SS. I think I need patience to get through this next month, rather than the not eating!!

I feel like a scaredy cat sitting on the side pf the pool with my feet in the water, watching everyone else swimming......I'll jump in soon, I promise. :)

There is a float aid and nose clip here for you anytime you want to dive in ;)

It's very hard isn't it? But you are doing so well. Your lunches and celebrations sound fun, I'm sure you can make reasonable choices, unlike me.....:eek:. xx

There is a float aid and nose clip here for you anytime you want to dive in ;)

Cross posted Wales! Thankyou, I will soon, for sure, I really need to think about how to do it, because this time it's the real thing. x

Wales, have taken real heart from your Sunday lapse because of the calm and reasoned way you handled it and got straight back on... that calm and acceptance is what makes you succeed, whereas with me I panic and the drama that follows is what derails me rather than the actual lapse? Does that make sense? So thank you, think I have learned something there. Your planned 'off' days could be quite positive if they help you stick to another month of SS, you are so determined and focused and I admire that very much!

(PS... shall we splash Bess when she jumps in? Or swim underwater and tickle her toes? No? Humph.)

xxx

Hey all, thanks for your lovely comments.

KC I know exactly what you mean about the drama after a lapse and how that can do more damage...

Last night I had a 2 egg omlette with salt and pepper, and the tastiest bit was the salt (oops!) The tonight I had a 1 egg omlette (more like a small pancake) with a small piece of chicken and 1 broccoli floret anda spoonfull of peas. OH is eating and I just wanted to join in. Also then sticking with 3 products as well - have a mouse chilling in the fridge. Think I am going to mix between a small SS+ meal and full SS.

Will see how this affects the scales but I feel quite relaxed about it.

WI tomorrow night, then don't have another one for 2 weeks. I am hoping for 4lbs tomorrow - that would be fab - fingers crossed (unless that makes me weigh more??)

As for Bess, perhaps we could get a hunky lifeguard to tempt her in - well if she isn't interested I could be :cool:

Back