Wales - Life in 2011

Wales

Silver Member
Inspired by some old Mini friends I will start a diary to record my thoughts and progress through this last 50lbs.

Lost a chunk of weight in 2009 which changed my life around, some crept back on towards in the second half of 2010 and wanted to hang around, so 2011 is the year to get it off for good.

Started SS on Monday 3 January, so today is day 6 - feeling good, sick of trips to the loo, ketosis has kicked in and I can remember how much power this diet has when used to its full potential - so am excited to see how far I can go this year.

Am also pleased to be back on Minimins - hoping to give and receive support to all the lovely Minis on here. And there is an app for the iphone, so no need for me to be without support!

First weigh in is 13 Jan, so am hoping for a really motivational loss. OH is also on SS for 6 weeks which makes it so much easier!

* Day 6, so far...
Long walk with the dog (my lovely collie Ruby - new addition last summer!)
1 x chock shake
Coffee, peppermint tea and 1 ltr water
3 hours on Minis to catch up and get buckets of motivation!!

Hello Lovely Wales... great to see you starting a diary, yay! Your day so far sounds fab, and Ruby sounds lovely. I will be inspired by you and take my dog out for a trudge through the snow later, promise! It's really motivational to see how good you are feeling on day 6 because I am on day 3 and still battling a bit, but moving closer to the K-zone I hope!

Big hugs and have a brilliant day!

xxx

Welcome back and good luck in completing your journey, I`m sure you`ll ace it Xxx

Just checking in to say I did my walk as promised, and am still 100% today... me and the dog say thanks!

xxx

Yay Katy well done, hope it is not too cold and the snow not too deep! Am just about to read one of the books I got for Christmas and put off my soup for an hour or so.

Well done on the 100% keep it up xx

Rest of day went well. Lazy afternoon, watching sport. Started to watch the final episode of Lost but the DVD disc packed in about 5 mins into it. We get films from Love Film so will have to send it back. So watched Elizabeth, with Cate Blanchet, the first one. It was fabulous, really loved it. So will send for the next one The Golden Age straight away. Then watched episode 1 of The Sopranos, which is our next box tv series to watch. Think I am gonna enjoy that too. Can you tell we need distraction in our house??

Also spent some time going through all my currently too small clothes, selecting a target outfit for a trip to London to meet up with friends. Picked some size 14 jeans, currently no where near covering my butt and a size 14 jersey tshirt which is horrendously tight. Top is possible, jeans I am not so sure. 4 weeks today so my first major target and am really looking forward to the trip.

Had a chicken and mushroom soup around 4.30, then choc shake about 7.30. And I have stopped water for the day as must've had about 6ltrs, and am sick of going to the loo.

House cleaning, dog walking and ironing tomorrow - domestic bliss.

Wish everyone else a good day tomorrow x

Hey Wales, Great to see you posting again hun! Yay you for day 6!!

I do lovefilm too, its great isn't, we're just finished watching the last series of Lost a couple of weeks ago, i'm still none the wiser! We had Ironman 2 (ugh!) and Brothers this weekend, what a miserable film!
Have a great week hun!
x

Hi Lelly - thanks for dropping by.

OH has really watched Lost I have dipped in and out but thought I should watch the last one. However think he is a little sick of me going - who is that, and is he dead etc!

Morning weight was a staggering 202lbs this morning, which would be 12lbs loss since Monday. CDC scales weigh me slightly more but still with weigh not till Thursday fingers crossed will hit the stone mark which would be a fab start.

Early morning walk with the dog, thought I was going to get blown away it was so windy. And freezing cold and then wet. Fabulous! Mind you the sun has since come out and it looks lovely!

Had choc shake already, just need to get myself off the sofa and do some cleaning. Then a longer walk with the dog this afternoon once OH gets home from work.

Happy days (ish) - hope everyone has a great Sunday x

Sounds like a good day 6 to me... I love 'Elizabeth' as well and have also seen the 2nd one, it is one of the most amazingly beautiful films ever visually, although it tweaks the facts a little bit... I don't mind, I can forgive it anything because it looks so awesome.

I bet you anything those jeans are fine in 4 weeks time... you might be surprised! We are all gonna stay snuggled on this wagon/sledge and the only things going overboard this time are the lbs. Have a brilliant Day 7 - will check in later!

xxx

Just cross posted hun - 12lbs!!! You are a star! That's brilliant and inspiring. My scales say 8lbs down since start date, which is encouraging too... like you, my CDC scales will weigh heavier but not due to see her for 2 weeks as she's away next week for a funeral. Congrats!!!

xxx

12lbs, that's amazing hun!!! woohoo for you!!
xx

Am hungry today. Haven't had as much water as yesterday (as I was never off the loo) but have still had a couple of litres. I wonder if that is it. Will chug along this evening...

Had a choc shake for breakfast about 9.30 and then another choc shake about 15.30. Also been out for a nice long walk with the dog, would've been longer but we didn't get out until late and it was quite dark on the way back through the spooky woods. Glad OH was with me. So am now on the laptop feeling hungry and only one meal to go. And I don't want to have it too early. I haven't done any ironing yet this weekend, perhaps I will go and do some. Distraction!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

hi wales well done on the loss. Seems a lot of us are in the same boat, losing weight in 2009, and somehow allowing some of it to creep back on, I've tried numerous restarts but 2011 will be our year I restart on 810 as of tomorrow

Hope you're still hanging on in there Wales... have a good evening and see you tomorrow!

Trisha, good luck with your start in the morning, sending some stay-strong vibes!

xxx

Hello again lovely Wales! Well done on the 12lbs gone - fabulous! Give Ruby a pat from me and a big hug to you. x

Brief update as only on line for a short while.

Work is manic, desk move plus new processes, means it was 11.30 before I knew it which is always a great feeling. I feel hungry, but when I look at food (ie. snack machine at work) I don't want to eat it. Sat in a 2 hour meeting with a birthday cake sitting at the other end of the table. Everyone else in the meeting had some, so I felt kind of stupid being left out but just said no thanks, am on diet and I just can't start giving in. But man, that icing looked good!

Day 8
Choc tetra - lunch
Chick & mush soup - tea
Choc shake - supper (just made for me by OH)
approx 5 ltrs water (and multiple toilet trips)

Only two full days and then on third day it is weigh in then nearly the weekend and then two weeks down. Amazing how quickly time can pass in your mind!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Hope to have more time tomorrow to catch up on diaries. But thanks to you all for coming on and commenting, great support we have here xx

Aw Wales, lovely to see you so upbeat! You inspire me to keep cheerful and keep going! xx

Hope you are having a fab day Wales... thinking of you!

xxx

Evening all, me and the dog here typing my update for Minis, which means I have to retype everything!

Hope you are all doing well this evening on whatever plan you are on.

Busy day at work today, but hungry for tetra before midday which meant I was ravenous for soup when I got home and am already looking forward to my shake and wondering how early I can have it. Am in ketosis, but am still feeling hunger, but obviously not at normal levels otherwise would've chewed off my arm!

Turned down a trip to the pub at lunch. I could've sat and had a drink whilst they ate but the smell might've tipped me over the edge. Then avoided more cake this afternoon. I wish wish wish I had this willpower during normal service, rather than sitting with my hand in the Roses tin (December) or my nose in the mince pies (since October) :( Seems as soon as I come off a diet it is open season and I think I should be able to cope with anything I throw in my mouth.

Anyhow, placed next weeks order today, CDC coming on Thursday evening. Had a cheeky check with tape measure when I got in this evening and pleased with those numbers. Roll on Thursday for some validation!!

Back