Wally's Got to Get it Done Exante Diary

Day 34 - not a great day yesterday. Was feeling very poorly, I think its because I am not getting enough sleep as my husband snores too much. I still managed to bake fresh bread, clean my sons closet and do some work - so all good in the end. I thought my blood sugars were a little low yesterday so I had a very small slice of bread with butter and 2 hard boiled eggs, in addition to my packs. I was very prepared to get up this morning to the scales not moving - but they did and I was half a pound down. I will have to give my body to science at some point and see if they can work out what the hell is going on with it!
Anyway the trend is downwards and that is something I feel very happy about. I am running the another 5k today (every race is virtual so I can do it in my neigbourhood) so I will have to work out an extra meal to keep me fueled. If I get a good time, I will post my medal - running is a good way to keep on track.
Everyone else - have a great day and keep on track.

I just don't want to put too much pressure on myself, when I did Lipotrim back in 2008 I found it a breeze but have failed so many times since, I know I will have cheat days (hopefully not to many). I work nights and 2 of the lads I work with started dieting the same time as me but different diets and we are going to have a weekly weigh in so that should give us some motivation. Will keep you all informed. xx

Hi Debbie ☺️

I agree with not putting too much pressure on yourself. I’ve done this in the past and it just made me feel stressed and I ended up failing, only to feel worse about myself 😞 The vicious circle began!

I managed to complete 6/7 weeks of Lipotrim last year (I am also doing a few weeks now to undo any Christmas gain) and I changed quite a few things to keep it simple and less complicated. No food in the house (or specifically trigger foods), trying to be kind to myself - the more I was beating myself up and making myself feel guilty, the more it pushed me in the opposite direction, like a resistance to losing weight. Lockdown did also help as I was saved from any invitations to social events and ultimately any temptation.

Remember our size/weight is only one aspect of us and does not determine our self worth (yet we are guilty of letting it).

I also note that the very first time I did Lipotrim was tough, but I’ve found my subsequent stints much much harder!

Hope you’re okay.

Thanks GemBino, I have amended my ticker today (early) as it makes me feel good about what I am doing. You have done amazing and I hope to mirror your success this time xx🥰😍

Day 36 - whoops missed yesterday, not sure why! Weigh in day today - so I lost 4lbs which brings me to a total loss of 28lbs which is tantalizingly close to 30lbs - but maybe I'll hit that next week. One of things I have learnt with this diet is patience - things dont happen in a linear way and they certainly dont follow the pace that I would like them to, so I am relaxed about it. I am still a member of WW (I like the bling) and when I read the connect forums, it reminds me that my four pounds dwarfs what I would have lost on WW which would have been far far less and this is why I chose a VLCD.
I have joined a website called 99walks today, which gives you motivation to walk. You set a goal for the month and then you walk/run to meet the goal and if you are successful, they send you a little bracelet to say well done. It just goes to show that I am about as trainable as a dog and will do anything for a treat. My first months membership was free so I am chuffed and will be doing this alongside my running.
There is much anxiety in my household because we are, as everyone is. concerned about Covid, my son is not happy with so little information about his A-levels and we are missing family in the UK like crazy - but life goes on and I cannot see that any of this should change what I put in my mouth 🙂
Lets have a happy day today!

I also must record that I have lost 3 inches since the start of January 2021. I didnt measure myself before, so I am not sure how many I have lost from the start, but those 3 inches are not missed......hoping for a few more next week!

Day 36 - whoops missed yesterday, not sure why! Weigh in day today - so I lost 4lbs which brings me to a total loss of 28lbs which is tantalizingly close to 30lbs - but maybe I'll hit that next week. One of things I have learnt with this diet is patience - things dont happen in a linear way and they certainly dont follow the pace that I would like them to, so I am relaxed about it. I am still a member of WW (I like the bling) and when I read the connect forums, it reminds me that my four pounds dwarfs what I would have lost on WW which would have been far far less and this is why I chose a VLCD.
I have joined a website called 99walks today, which gives you motivation to walk. You set a goal for the month and then you walk/run to meet the goal and if you are successful, they send you a little bracelet to say well done. It just goes to show that I am about as trainable as a dog and will do anything for a treat. My first months membership was free so I am chuffed and will be doing this alongside my running.
There is much anxiety in my household because we are, as everyone is. concerned about Covid, my son is not happy with so little information about his A-levels and we are missing family in the UK like crazy - but life goes on and I cannot see that any of this should change what I put in my mouth 🙂
Lets have a happy day today!

This made me smile ☺️ (not the reference to anxiety/Covid).

You’re doing great, 28lb!

I agree, I’m also drawn to VLCDs due to the quicker rate of losses!

Last edited:
Yes Gem! The anxiety is literally keeping us all awake at night and a 17year old walking around like a bear with a sore head is really starting to lose its novelty value now :rolleyes:

Day 37 - Good enough day yesterday, it is a little colder here, so I managed to run 5k and walk another mile (my husband likes a walk after dinner....and that is lovely on cold, dark nights - there was even a coyote in our neighbourhood, so that was fun!)
I am finding the plan wonderful, varied and I dont really seem to mind any of the food (apart from the peanut butter bars). So I happily am moseying along. My doctor has advised switching things up a bit and adding a couple of meals a week (salmon and kale seems to be his choice) and so I am going to try and do that this week. Otherwise it is just another boring day in the Wally house.
I am doing a 6k run tomorrow though, for my January Rock and Roll Challenge so I intend to spend all of Sunday on the couch saying ouch :whacky068:

Just to add, the doctor thinks that my weight is stalling a bit (I reported the daily weigh ins to him) and that is why he thought to add a meal. I did explain that I was due on in about 4 days - but he looked me straight in the eye and told me that this does not effect weight! I could have fallen off my chair.......I did turn my camera off at this point as I was laughing so much.

Weekend not too good but at least I haven't put any back on, back in work tonight so I will see what this week brings, sometimes I feel is it all worth it and I am destined to be this big but I will keep[ slogging on. Sorry feeling low today x

Day 39 and still having a great time! Sticking with the program is pretty easy when you are this far in - when everyone eats around me it doesn't bother me any more. My husband and son had Arby's for dinner on Saturday and the smell was amazing, but my resolution was firm. I ran two races at the weekend and was super happy with my times - so lets see what the rest of January brings in terms of fitness and eating goals.
I have just found an amazing sweet tea water flavoring, which i cannot get enough of at the moment - during the summer its pretty much all I drink, so the water flavouring is such a treat.
Also, I have swapped out some of my Exante bars for Pure Protein bars - they are pretty similar but lower in carbs than the Exante ones. Although i like some of the flavours Exante have, they are not my favourite, so the new red velvet and birthday cake bars are sure to give me a little more motivation.

Weekend not too good but at least I haven't put any back on, back in work tonight so I will see what this week brings, sometimes I feel is it all worth it and I am destined to be this big but I will keep[ slogging on. Sorry feeling low today x

Hi Debbie

Why was the weekend not good, are you okay?

I can resonate with that feeling of being destined to be big - happiness is also a factor, some people are happy being a bigger size and that is fine. If you’re happy don’t pressure yourself to lose weight.

If you’re not happy and your weight is part of the reason why, realise it will be hard but you can lose weight, you just need to be in the right determined frame of mind - only you can do this for you. Like they say, losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard - chose your hard. I felt so miserable at times doing Cambridge diet/Exante/lipotrim, feeling so deprived, but I reminded myself of why I was doing it and that I was so miserable already! At least I was taking action and doing something about it which would ultimately make me feel better.

I lost a couple of stone a few years ago and hit “my goal” and felt upset that I didn’t feel the instant happiness and elation I was expecting to feel when I saw that “special number” on the scales....... I realise with hindsight that there were other things going on, and I let my size and weight determine my self worth, which is absurd (I realise this now). So I know to not weigh myself as much, I try to concentrate on how I feel overall because I know too well what the consequences will be if I don’t like what I see on the scales. (I appreciate this doesn’t work for everyone and lots of people prefer to weigh daily, you have to do what’s right for you).

We need to realise there is usually more to it than losing weight, we need to find happiness in other things and not focus too much on weight, it’ll make you miserable. Easier said than done. I would wake up everyday feeling miserable and down about my size, it stopped me seeing people and doing things because I felt sad and ultimately let it control my life. Truth is no one actually cares! Those around us love us for us, regardless of size. Our size and weight does not define our self worth, we are also wives, girlfriends, mothers, daughters, sisters and friends, employees, colleagues etc - there is so much more to us than our weight and yet we put all the focus on that one element. Would you think less of a family member or friend if they were overweight? No. You love them all the same.

I appreciate how overwhelming it can be with a large amount to use, break it down into 7lbs at a time or a stone at a time to make it feel more achievable.

You can do it if you truly want to, just be kind to yourself in the process. I think sometimes when we feel so desperate to lose weight, we end up feeling stressed and doing the opposite. Hope you’re okay Debbie 💕

Hi Debbie

Why was the weekend not good, are you okay?

I can resonate with that feeling of being destined to be big - happiness is also a factor, some people are happy being a bigger size and that is fine. If you’re happy don’t pressure yourself to lose weight.

If you’re not happy and your weight is part of the reason why, realise it will be hard but you can lose weight, you just need to be in the right determined frame of mind - only you can do this for you. Like they say, losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard - chose your hard. I felt so miserable at times doing Cambridge diet/Exante/lipotrim, feeling so deprived, but I reminded myself of why I was doing it and that I was so miserable already! At least I was taking action and doing something about it which would ultimately make me feel better.

I lost a couple of stone a few years ago and hit “my goal” and felt upset that I didn’t feel the instant happiness and elation I was expecting to feel when I saw that “special number” on the scales....... I realise with hindsight that there were other things going on, and I let my size and weight determine my self worth, which is absurd (I realise this now). So I know to not weigh myself as much, I try to concentrate on how I feel overall because I know too well what the consequences will be if I don’t like what I see on the scales. (I appreciate this doesn’t work for everyone and lots of people prefer to weigh daily, you have to do what’s right for you).

We need to realise there is usually more to it than losing weight, we need to find happiness in other things and not focus too much on weight, it’ll make you miserable. Easier said than done. I would wake up everyday feeling miserable and down about my size, it stopped me seeing people and doing things because I felt sad and ultimately let it control my life. Truth is no one actually cares! Those around us love us for us, regardless of size. Our size and weight does not define our self worth, we are also wives, girlfriends, mothers, daughters, sisters and friends, employees, colleagues etc - there is so much more to us than our weight and yet we put all the focus on that one element. Would you think less of a family member or friend if they were overweight? No. You love them all the same.

I appreciate how overwhelming it can be with a large amount to use, break it down into 7lbs at a time or a stone at a time to make it feel more achievable.

You can do it if you truly want to, just be kind to yourself in the process. I think sometimes when we feel so desperate to lose weight, we end up feeling stressed and doing the opposite. Hope you’re okay Debbie 💕
Sorry for the essay and apologies Wally for hijacking your diary. This is only my opinion and what I’ve realised/learnt on my journey, I share in the hope it helps others.

Last edited:
Day 39 and still having a great time! Sticking with the program is pretty easy when you are this far in - when everyone eats around me it doesn't bother me any more. My husband and son had Arby's for dinner on Saturday and the smell was amazing, but my resolution was firm. I ran two races at the weekend and was super happy with my times - so lets see what the rest of January brings in terms of fitness and eating goals.
I have just found an amazing sweet tea water flavoring, which i cannot get enough of at the moment - during the summer its pretty much all I drink, so the water flavouring is such a treat.
Also, I have swapped out some of my Exante bars for Pure Protein bars - they are pretty similar but lower in carbs than the Exante ones. Although i like some of the flavours Exante have, they are not my favourite, so the new red velvet and birthday cake bars are sure to give me a little more motivation.

You’re doing really well Wally 😊 Especially with the running too!!

I’ve not tried the pure protein bars, but I absolutely love the fufil protein bars, protein cookies and some of the grenade carb killa bars, I’m not sure how they compare to Exante bars from a nutritional view though, but I know they’re not suitable as a meal replacement.

What is the water flavouring? Is it an Exante one? I bet that’s lovely to have and breaks up the monotony of plain water.

Hi

Thanks Gem was just having a crap day, stuck to plan and back on track, hubby didn't make it easier at the weekend wanting me to cook him a roast chicken dinner. And when I tried the gravy I just had to have one, I have had a talk with him and have told him I will only cook him food I don't like :) Thanks for your concern. xx

Wally you are doing brilliant! That's amazing will power for Arbys too! I am a sucker fortake out for me this is a great time to be dieting as we are on lockdown here in Ireland and can't travel as I love love love American Fast Food. Chick Fil A, Arbys, Dunkin, Panda, Waffle House, PFs.. the list is endless. We normally spend a few weeks at a time in the States. We have a Krispee here but it's a 3 hour drive from me. So not exactly in my 5km limit 😂😂😂

Ive lost count of the days - but, still here, still going and just to add to the pressure of my sons exams, everyone working from home, dieting etc. my husband is insisting on walking me each night for about 30 mins - its cold and dark, but I appreciate his efforts to help!
I ran the 5k inauguration run today and managed to shave a few seconds off my time. I am having an extra meal before the run and now forgetting to eat in the evening (oh the irony!). But life goes on....

Bean - my sons absolutely love Panda Express - they cannot get enough of it. I have moments when I walk by and smell it and simply dont think I can resist - but I am getting better at it!

Hope you are all doing great and moving on up :)

Gem - the water flavourings I am now buying are the ones they stock at my local Kroger and Publix stores. They have just started an extra vitamin and energy range - all for zero calories. So I got all the flavours and have just finished a glass of blueberry lemonade flavoured water! Its much better than plain water and makes me drink more.

Back