WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Officially World Book Day is 7th March but some schools seem to choose their own dates. I work for a party company, we sell fancy dress etc and we've been promoting costumes the last week or so but some schools apparently did theirs weeks ago. Some do Childrens Book Week in October instead of World Book Day.

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

I cant wait to dress up on Thursday. I just hope theres going to be a best dressed teacher as well as child heehee!!
I am delighted with my cake :) Looks so yummy. I hope whoever wins it enjoys it as much as how ive imagined it tasted haha xx

The cake looks fab you are amazing to have made it and even more amazing to not have licked the bowl!
Mere x

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

Thanks Mere :) I found it relaxing to do! I hope people want to try and win it!
Missed your comments glad your back. Did u have a lovely break? Xx

Yes thanks Minnie
I had a lovely time.
Mere x

Minnie you have really good willpower not to taste that cake.well done and carry on, you are doing fab hun.

Feel like I've abandoned my diary recently as finding there is less and less to say lol. I have though been enjoying reading all your diarys and putting in my 2 pennies worth :p

Feeling sooo tried today. Over the past few weeks I've worked so many 12hr shifts its finally caught up with me! I've got another 7:30am to 9:30pm shift Thursday because of afterschool meetings- I am well and truely pooped! Trouble is, my weakness if when I get back from work and want something quick and easy- haven't given in yet but recognise where this is an issue with me- especially before Exante- now realise where my binging hot spots are! When maintaining, I need to make sure I have healthy snacks to munch on so I dn't reach for quick and easy foods.

Also finding I'm trying to catch up with my water intake when I get in which leaves me feeling so bloated! Just about managing 3 litres a day which should be fine. Really hoping to get a greater loss than 2lb today and hate being so high up in a stone bracket (though delighted to be in the 12's) :D

I plan to have a WS day on Saturday. I have been invited to a Brazillian restaurant so will be having a grilled chicken breast with green leaf salad so should remain in ketosis. Its sisters bday meal Tuesday at Prezzo but think I'm going to make excuses for that one as a) dont like going out on a school night and b) 2 meals in one week- nooo!

Sorry I've been a rubbish diary writer!! xx

Hi Minnie
I know what it is like to have the munchies. I ended up having a bag of chantaray carrots on hand in the fridge. They are low in cals and take ages to eat.
Don't work too hard!
Mere x

Thats a good idea, deffo need something when I'm maintaining to curb the hunger. Because we have lunch so early, I found before I did exante, that I would be ravenous when I got home and just felt like I needed food straight away!
I'm stll trying to figure out when the best times are for me to have my products. I'm all out of bars which I normally start my day with around 8 o clock. As I dont have time in the mornings to make a shake, I'm all over the place with when to have them. Need to get my head it really. Though I do have more bars on the way thanks to sale and swap on facebook!!
xx

Great feeling when you realise trigger points from old habits, You're doing so well. Awesome choices for the meal Hun! You're not a bad diary reader, you always comment and support :D

our school isn't doing world book day this year after all :( new head teacher and a lot has been scrapped!

The weeks are just zooming past at a freaky speed, almost your WI already! xx

Yeah I guess you come to know yourself and habits so well on this diet as you can see where you went wrong.

When I see others eating, I always think 'wow, all those carbs' or some other related comments in my head that tells me how unhealthy it is. I feel really bad because I'm thinking it about things even some of my closest friends and family are eating. Like my mum bought a pasta salad from Sainsburies at the weekend and I couldn't help thinking about how unhealthy ready made salads are. (She did admit she was having a blip over the weekend so she wouldn't have this normally). At least I'm not verbally saying things and its good I know what is good and bad but just wish my mind wouldn't keep thinking these things when I see others enjoying themselves!!

I know this week is whizzing past! Thats why I'm trying drink all my water as only have 2 whole days left! Eeek! Fingers crossed for a shift!

Ahh thats a shame about World Book Day! I'm such a big kid, I can't wait to dress up! Though playground duty may be a bit embarrasing! Haha. But also, before I would have hated the idea of dressing up, but now Im a bit smaller actually have the confidence to make a tit of myself!

Had another comment from one of my chn's parents today who commented, 'You look fab by the way' when they left my classroom earlier after my coffee afternoon! My cakes went down a treat too and we made £112 for National Animal Welfare Trust. :D

xx

So agree there, I find myself thinking this! It's like Iv spent my whole life not knowing what I was eating. A great feeling having learnt so much, better late than never!

The kids will love you in that rabbit costume, what a fab teacher you are, could do with someone like you at our school. You remind me of the most wonderful teacher my little girl had last year, loved her, but she was covering someone on maternity and has now left. She touched all our hearts she was fabulous :)

Awesome about the fund raising well done that's amazing xx

Well done with the fund raising Minnie. I hope you are going to post a pic of you in your bunny costume.
Mere x

Yes you must!!! :D xx

So agree there, I find myself thinking this! It's like Iv spent my whole life not knowing what I was eating. A great feeling having learnt so much, better late than never!

The kids will love you in that rabbit costume, what a fab teacher you are, could do with someone like you at our school. You remind me of the most wonderful teacher my little girl had last year, loved her, but she was covering someone on maternity and has now left. She touched all our hearts she was fabulous :)

Awesome about the fund raising well done that's amazing xx

See I've always found I know a lot about healthy food but just loved naughty food to much to care. Nice tasting food made me happy and that was that. Lol. Now I feel a bit repulsed especially seeing OH scoff that curry feast last week in the most animalistic way I'd ever seen!! Literally was like feeding time at the zoo and I thought, I hope I didn't ever enjoy eating as much as that- but I guess I did because I know I probably ate too quick before and therefore, a bit later used to feel sooo full and needed to let my tummy go down!!

Ahh thanks ED! It must be hard when you become attached to a teacher. We have mixed year groups so I have my class for 2 years which makes it even harder to see them move on and I guess for parents to accept a new teacher. They are excited to see me dressed up haha.

Yes Mere I'll take a pic but I'm going to have to tone the costume down a bit now because we've got to go a theatre performance rehersal thing at another school. Which means no facepaint etc :( So although I'm excited about the outfit, it may not look like this amazing thing I've visualised in my head haah!

Yeah I'm so pleased with the children. They did so well behind the stalls today and donating their old toys and books!

xx

When I was teaching, because I taught deaf children I had some of my pupils from the age of 2 until they left school at 18 you can imagine how attached I became to them especially as I was usually teaching them one to one. The best job in the world.
Mere x

Oh wow Mere that must have been heartbreaking, but rewarding also :) xx

I loved my job so much it was difficult to give it up but I still keep in touch with some of my former pupils and their families.
Mere x

I can completely imagine how you could become so attached! And vice versa for the children too! Must have been so rewarding for you to work alongside those children for so many years watching them develop into young adults!

I really like the teaching side of teaching but getting so fed up with all the meetings afterwork and curricular evenings- plus all the paper work and assessment! argh

Did you ever consider doing supply?

xx

No I did not fancy doing supply although I was asked to. When I left I wanted a clean break. I enjoy retirement too much although I still miss the kids,
I decided when I was 10 that I wanted to teach deaf children and I feel so priviledged to have achieved my lifelong dream. I am a very lucky person.
Mere x

Back