WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Hi Skinnyminnie your diary inspired me about 6 weeks ago to get back on the wagon, and today I'm the lowest I've been since 2011 :D:D (still obese, but you know - getting there!)

So thought I'd pop back and see how you're doing and saw your latest pic - whit woo!! OMG you're such an inspiration you must feel fantastic!

You are seriously gorgeous - enjoy enjoy enjoy - this is your time to shine :D:D

WOW WOW WOW Skinny! Amazing before and after pics. Well done and also well done on finding the courage to get your life in order xx

Oh and I agree with the others re' name change, drop the Wannabe :D

Hope you have a lovely holiday!

Have a fab holiday!!!! Can't wait for pics!! :D xxx

Hi Skinnyminnie your diary inspired me about 6 weeks ago to get back on the wagon, and today I'm the lowest I've been since 2011 :D:D (still obese, but you know - getting there!)

So thought I'd pop back and see how you're doing and saw your latest pic - whit woo!! OMG you're such an inspiration you must feel fantastic!

You are seriously gorgeous - enjoy enjoy enjoy - this is your time to shine :D:D

Awwww thanks so much for your post- a lovely thing to read after getting back from holiday. It's funny how you never know when you're inspiring someone! :D:D:D

Well done on being your lowest weight that's fab! :D How are you getting on now?

xxx

Well guys I'm back from the holiday/wedding in Cyprus!

I had a lovely time and even braved a bikini! The weather was beautiful and the wedding perfect! The bride looked gorgeous and it went incredibly well! So romantic! :)

So, diet talk!

After the first 2 days I ballooned to 9.10- 5lb gain in 2 days even though I hadn't really ate anything naughty apart from some icecream! Got a bit freaked out and began noticing where this 5lb had gone on- ridiculous I know!

So I cut back the 3rd day and ate more healthily- very little carbs and the next day I'd lost 3lb! So to 9stone7lb.

After the wedding I had a reality check and thought- for 8 months I've done Exante to lose weight for the wedding- I haven't ever really been naughty, the wedding is over I will eat the wedding buffet! I ate some lovely pastas and bread as well as lots of various salads- I even had some cheesecake! I felt so bloated after though! But I enjoyed every mouthful!

For the last 2 days I was sensible- I did have the croutons with my salads and had the bread that came with meals. I even had a slice of pizza. I did feel naughty then had another reality check! I haven't ate badly at all! Yes I've had some pizza, ice cream- but 1 slice of pizza, and I had sorbet not the chocolate ice cream I would have had before. I did have normal ice cream though (yum) but didn't have the masses I would have before either! Looking back, I realise that I made loads of sensible choices even when at the time I felt like I was being bad! So what I guess I'm trying to say in a long winded way, is that it is a lifestyle change!

Anyway, I weighed when I got back and I've only put on 2lb including the weekend before I went away where I ate fajitas and lemon meringue on my date! ;-) I am so impressed with that! So to all those critics that say 'as soon as you eat normal food it will all go back on' well, I ate normal food- bread, jacket potatoes, a slice of pizza, bacon, a bit of waffle, ice cream etc. and a 2lb gain for 12 days off plan I think is pretty good!

So now it's back on plan- but I am in no rush anymore. I will have 3 packs and salad a day still but if I have a night out, meal etc I will make sensible choices and have a little bit of what I fancy. I need to decide on a new goal- in the 8's- but will get there when I do. I know that the most I have to lose is a stone to be 8.7 and I could get that off fairly quickly if I wanted but I don't mind how it goes off now. I met my goal- a healthy BMI for the wedding now I can just go about it in my own way!

Wow I've rabbited on! Sorry guys. Will catch up with you all soon but I know you will all be doing marvellously! xxxxx

Heya, welcome back, sounds like you had a fab time!

And well done on your "reality checks"! Being overweight often means that there are issues with food and we have unhealthy patterns. But the same can be said for dieting and you don't want to swing the other way and become so obsessed that you forget to enjoy life. So I'm glad you had food you enjoyed and you made good choices too. Might even be a bit of an eye opener, having an experience like that, knowing that you can be in control of the weight and the food and still enjoy it.
Probably quite a confidence boost I would imagine because I often think of Exante as a bit of a crutch, and it's easy to almost fear normal food.
Anyway, that's me rambling on again :) welcome back.

Awwww thanks so much for your post- a lovely thing to read after getting back from holiday. It's funny how you never know when you're inspiring someone! :D:D:D

Well done on being your lowest weight that's fab! :D How are you getting on now?

xxx

Glad you had a fabby time!!

I've had a bit of a car crash week diet wise don't know what came over me, but I've ordered my fave packs and starting again tomorrow fingers crossed the gain is just water :) I only had packs I didn't like left and I just couldn't face them and hit the carbs

2lbs on in 12 days is awesome looks like you've got this sussed!!!

Oh wow Minnie :D
That is sooo marvellous !! Sooo marvellous.
I am glad everything went well, and you had a great time.
I am very uber chuffed for you :D

Welcome back Minnie!!! When's the name change?! That's fab news from hols, You really are going to be successful for life there is just no doubt. You've cracked this skinny!! Amazing restraint, excellent choices, conscious decisions and still you enjoyed s holiday and kept weight down. Just fabulous you little star!

I'm glad you had an amazing time, I bet you felt incredible and I want to see piccys!! :D I've seen one of you with the other bridesmaids and the bride, and it really moved me :) Seeing you stood there looking beautiful, tiny, healthy and happy next to all those others... Knowing it was a big part of your reason for this journey. To be stood there, successful. You did it!!!! :D

What's the plan now with a goal weight? I can't see any stats or sigs on my phone it's so annoying!

Well done superstar you are incredible xxx

Echo ED.
You have done it
I am so proud of you.
Well done.

Echo ED.
You have done it
I am so proud of you.
Well done.

Me 3! You have done amazing and should be so bloody proud of yourself. Absolutely well done, I'm sure you'll hit goal in no time. You deserve it xx

How is life skinny little minnie :D xx

Aww thanks guys :) I can't believe I actually got to 9stone 5lb just in the nick of time before the wedding :)

You're support has been fab ladies :)

Welcome back Minnie!!! When's the name change?! That's fab news from hols, You really are going to be successful for life there is just no doubt. You've cracked this skinny!! Amazing restraint, excellent choices, conscious decisions and still you enjoyed s holiday and kept weight down. Just fabulous you little star!

I'm glad you had an amazing time, I bet you felt incredible and I want to see piccys!! :D I've seen one of you with the other bridesmaids and the bride, and it really moved me :) Seeing you stood there looking beautiful, tiny, healthy and happy next to all those others... Knowing it was a big part of your reason for this journey. To be stood there, successful. You did it!!!! :D

What's the plan now with a goal weight? I can't see any stats or sigs on my phone it's so annoying!

Well done superstar you are incredible xxx

AWWWW thanks ED- we've both done incredibly haven't we! A shadow of our former selves ay!

So my current weight at the moment is 9stone 4lb. I haven't yet gone back to Exante!! Shock horror!

I've been doing my own thing- sort of working- loss of 3lb since coming back from Cyprus.

My plan is just healthy eating, sensible but with the odd treat I guess. I am having about 800 cals and 3 meals a day. I try and match the meals I have with the same amount of cals and carbs as an exante pack. E.g. at lunch time, a food doctor pitta (130cals and 20g carbs) with ham and salad. I have had meals out, an ice lolly etc. I sometimes have a slimfast/ultra slim bar for breakfast but also having bran flakes or special k. Sometimes I'll have eggs or a slice of whole meal bread with peanut butter. I've also had alcohol!

One thing that I have learned from Exante is just having 3 meals a day and no snacking which was my major downfall before! Because I'm used to spacing out my 3 packs, I now do that with food and I guess retrained myself not to pick!

I'm not sure whether Ill TS my way into the 8's. I'm really happy with how it's going at the moment- it maybe slow but with some of the stress lately I don't know if I am mentally prepared to TS at the moment. Hmm. But those 8's are calling!! xxxx

Well done Minnie x

An inspiration x

Well done Skinny, sounding very sensible xx

I have no words, no words!!!!

Amazing xxx

Well done Minnie :D

Back