WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Ooh thanks for that ED, I will have a play! So do you have to go back to that post each time to fill it it?

I was thinking about my waist inch lost and wonder if I've had the greatest loss there because of my weighted hoop?! What do you think Mere?

So today my thighs have been killing me! I've literally been walking like I've had some passionate wild night :)-P)- but no it is just the shred!! I cant believe 20 mins could cause such pain! Well done to all you shredders out there!

Hmmm im not sure actually! Marge will know :D

Haha shredding pain - been there. OUCH!!! Was considering leaving it today as im just 1lb down in a week and its annoying me. Undecided at the moment though so am going ahead with Day 5 shred in an hour while i think about it more tomorrow xx

I have to say I am not sure if I have lost anything off my waist yet but the trainer at the gym told me to try the hoop to lose round the middle. I think it just wears you away!!!
I have very thin arms and legs and a round middle, think Humpty Dumpty and you get the picture!
The only places I have noticed a weight loss are my fingers and wrists!! :(
Mere x

A lb is still weight loss and you have been hardcore exercising so must be converting to muscle! If I feel stiff and achey today after 1 20mins session, it must be having an affect on your bod after 4 days!!
I'm going to leave the shred to when I'm nearer my target weight and just do 10 mins of hooping and 20 mins zumba on the wii. I don't wanna start changing things to much near the beginning as it is going rather well. I will up exercise if I hit a bit of a plateau.
I deffo think the hoop has made an impact on my waist- all that hooping and bruising is definatley wearing the fat away for sure Mere!! Haha Humpty Dumpty! Well you deffo wont look like that for long! Esp as your in the 10's now :D I'm pear shaped when I'm smaller- at the moment more blob with a small head :p but once the fat goes I'm sure the pear will come back again! I will always have a JLo bum and thunder thighs! Might do some spinning when I get fitter and thinner as that has changed my sisters leg shape completely!

Im feeling the same way hun. I walk 3.6 miles a day because of school runs and think i might go back to 20 minutes jogging on the treadmil which will tone all over as i shrink but without pushing my body too far on a VLCD. I think il also continue ab workouts, Maybe 10 minute crunches as i really enjoy those and dont think they will do any harm.

Thats what im thinking at the moment anyway. I dont want to lose inches and stay the same weight. I lost 13 inches without this training. I want the buzz of getting into the 12's and its stalling with all this strength training and what not. Bottom line is today i have been my least positive since starting and when its affecting my mood i think i need to change back to when i was happy and seeing results :) xx

hi ED
I think maybe you have been pushing yourself a bit too much. Doing what makes you happy means you will stick with it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. xx

Thanks Mere, great advise and wise words as always, You're very right xx

Im feeling the same way hun. I walk 3.6 miles a day because of school runs and think i might go back to 20 minutes jogging on the treadmil which will tone all over as i shrink but without pushing my body too far on a VLCD. I think il also continue ab workouts, Maybe 10 minute crunches as i really enjoy those and dont think they will do any harm.

Thats what im thinking at the moment anyway. I dont want to lose inches and stay the same weight. I lost 13 inches without this training. I want the buzz of getting into the 12's and its stalling with all this strength training and what not. Bottom line is today i have been my least positive since starting and when its affecting my mood i think i need to change back to when i was happy and seeing results :) xx

I completely understand what you say and your normally so positive you've gotta do whats best for you. Lose the flab and then tone sounds like a good plan! Your'll still be exercising anyway! Your doing really, stay positive and keep doing what you were doing- don't fix it if it isn't broken and all that :)
I can still feel it in my legs!! Is this normal?! LOL.

don't fix it if it isn't broken and all that :)
I can still feel it in my legs!! Is this normal?! LOL.

Exactly! :) Haha that last part made me laugh! I felt it until the 4th day i think!

How are you hun hope you had a great day xx

Yeah I've had a good day thanks! People are commenting more now which is lovely and then they ask me what I'm doing. I sort of splurt it all out about meal replacements then kick myself and wish I just said something simple like being good and doing exercise! Haha. Coping okay with TOTM- thought I'd be wanting loads of food but managing to reign myself in :p Though my spots have quadrupled in size and redness- they are taking over my face at some speed!! So depressing! Are you feeling more positive and on track now ED?

So I have my OHs birthday coming up with his super skinny family. (His sisters are all around my age too) at the end of Feb. I'd love to lose over half stone by then to bring me to a total loss of 2 stone. Normally we all have a meal but I want to avoid them knowing that I am on TFR diet. Any ideas of what we could do to celebrate OH's thirty second bday that doesnt involve food or any restaurants that could accomodate this diet e.g. chicken salads etc.

I also realised today that all the people who look always look disapproving when I say I'm on a TFR diet are people that are overweight themselves. All the thin people I have told are like brilliant, good for you etc. Anyone else noticed this?

Im the same hun, Dont like telling anyone! Iv been asked this week and have said low carbs, better choices and exercise. Not really lying ;)

Yeah feeling great hun, It was just yesterday when i was in 2 minds about stopping or continuing shred and seeing how it ended but i couldnt bare the thought of getting to day 30 and having a small loss over a months hard work. prefer it this way :)

How about paint balling hehe, i dont really know tbh. Choose a good resteraunt and they'll have plenty of healthy foods xx

Hi How about ten pin bowling?
Mere x

I didnt tell anyone last time, except one lass at work.
I just couldnt be doing with the judgemental comments :)
Its the same this time, for the same reason. The same lass knows , and the man friend.
I felt/feel because I put some of the weight back on, it just proved those that say "you will put the weight back on......" were right in a way...
In a way, I know they are not right, for two reasons. ...
1. I am still trying ;)
2. None of them have done vcld and been successful, but they have done other diets.... and put weight back on too !!!!
That just proves to me that its not the vlcd at fault.... but going back to old habits, regardless how you lost your weight:)

I don't tell anyone either. Just one friend knows and that because she interested and actually has just started exante herself.
Definately don't tell family to avoid judgemental comments. I just say following low carb.
For the best I think as so often I have been distracted from things like this by others comments taken to heart when really they don't know enough to comment.

Iv been asked now 6 times what have you been doing??!

Each time i have said low carb, better choices and exercise. Not exactly lying, but not spilling my business :)

I did slip up this morning and said 'oh i still have 3st to go yet!' to which i opened up the gates for all the 'no you cant lose that much you'll look il surely, you're tall too, you dont need to lose anymore' bla bla mouth back shut now! :) xx

Hi ED
Those are the unhelpful comments I get (Not the tall part, I wish) that is why it is only my husband and daughter that know about Exante. If people ask I just say I am never out of the gym ! Which is also skirting round the whole truth. ;)
Mere x

Thanks Mere, it is annoying so i prefer to not talk about it. Because im tall i seem to carry the weight ok, so people dont seem to get that im still over 13st and nowhere near finished! xx

Hi ED
Let me tell you being short (5ft2ins) is no joke because every ounce shows. :(
Mere x

How about paint balling hehe, i dont really know tbh. Choose a good resteraunt and they'll have plenty of healthy foods xx

Haha! Well the other half wanted to do that but I think I'm too much of a wimp and worried the outfits wouldnt fit me :p

Hi How about ten pin bowling?
Mere x

Yeah that was my idea! But our bowling alley is next door to an all you can eat chinese so OH wants to go there after!! Arrgh!

I felt/feel because I put some of the weight back on, it just proved those that say "you will put the weight back on......" were right in a way...
In a way, I know they are not right, for two reasons. ...
1. I am still trying ;)
2. None of them have done vcld and been successful, but they have done other diets.... and put weight back on too !!!!
That just proves to me that its not the vlcd at fault.... but going back to old habits, regardless how you lost your weight:)

Thats so true!! I put weight on after WW both times I did it and so did my Mum because slowly we got bored and didnt even realise we had stopped and reverted back to old ways!

I don't tell anyone either. Just one friend knows and that because she interested and actually has just started exante herself.
Definately don't tell family to avoid judgemental comments. I just say following low carb.
For the best I think as so often I have been distracted from things like this by others comments taken to heart when really they don't know enough to comment.

That is true- it is easy esp as so many people have negative things to say about diets like this!

Hi ED
Let me tell you being short (5ft2ins) is no joke because every ounce shows. :(
Mere x

At 5.1' I second that!!

So, one more full day before WI. I have to admit I had a cheeky peek at the scales this morning- hoping that by Friday morning I might be at least 1 more pound down. I know it's TOTM so not expecting a great loss but after 2lb last week, I would like at least 3lb!!

This week I haven't taken my fibre husk supplement things and I have been going regular still! The week I didnt take them I lost 5lb so thought I would see if they made a difference again. I did read that they absorb water so can been seen to slow weightloss. I might have to trial this again next week as the time of the month will affect this little test! lol. I am struggling to drink all my water actually. On average I have only been drinking a little over 2L's.

Also I have to admit I have been a little naughty! My OH had left some of his work food in the fridge- some cocktail sausages! I had the tiniest nibble of the end- chewed it between my front teeth then spat it out without actually swallowing it!! Then I did it again with another! So I got the taste of it but never actually ate it because I didn't swallow it!! Hopefully it should be okay! Naughty WSM!! On the otherhand, I could have eaten the whole tub- like I would have before!!

Back