WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

Before I hated trying on clothes so had to learn to just judge clothes by holding them up in front of me. Its weird how I have no idea what my clothes will look like or what size I currently am! I will next buy clothes in the easter hols- just a going out outfit so will look forward to seeing wjich size fits xx

Your doing amazingly well still, woohoo on the h & m jumper!! Should take it back and get a small. :) xxx

I wore it today very happily! :D

Fab :D

Must feel sooooooo good! Awesome hun :D

I need new clothes so bad, I have held out as long as I can but maybe one pair of cheap jeans and one cheap jumper is needed, just to get me through. Have a fab day slinky! :D xx

Hi ED you should get something new to wear to your nans birthday party.
Mere x

Helloooooooooo where fore art thou?? :)

Hope everything's ok Hun xx

Hi ED
Not home yet but will be tomorrow have had problems getting on line. Had lovely meals while away all based on fish but found I could only eat a very little. A few mouthfuls and I was full so I don't think you will have to worry about your nans birthday meal.
Mere x

Hey ED- I've had a hectic two days and have just wanted to sleep forever!

I'm in a right foul mood tonight. I was suppose to be going out tonight so after work went into town to get a cheapish outfit to wear. I wanted to get something about different from my usual loose style- typically chiffon dresses. I didn't know what size I am or what would suit my figure as it is at the moment. So tried LOTS of things on in sizes 14 and 16 as was a different size in different shops! What a mare! I didn't really see anything I liked- even my old safe chiffon dresses didn't suit me anymore and I couldn't find anything else to suit me!

In the end, I opted for a couple of peplum tops as they are tighter around the waist and skim the hips. I bought a chunky necklace to go with one and then went to Sainsburies to buy the next size down in black jeans- they do fab ones for short legged people and stretchy too! To my horror- they no longer sell the!! So I had two potential tops and no jeans! In the end I had to get some less stretchy black jeans which were double the price of my usual sort! They were a 16 though and I was wearing a 22 bottom before Exante.

After 3 hours of desperately trying to find something I feel exhausted! Also I feel so fed up! Despite losing nearly 3 stone, I still look hideous! I hve sooo much fat and skin everywhere and just dreadding even thinking about swimwear for August. I have no idea what size I really am now and what suits me :( I am feeling really moody and fed up!

Over the past two days I have received soo many lovely compliaments from work collegues, friends and even Mum's and Dad's of children. All of them have said how great I look, wanted to know my secret, saying how shocked they are about my still having to lose another 3 stone, and how being smaller really suits me. I think I've been riding high on compliaments that I almost forgot I still have a long journey ahead of me until I saw my body in my pant and bra in the changing room mirrors and still being faced with the whole clothes issues- just slightly different ones now!

Sorry to be negative.

I do hope you've all had a fab day! Will be catching up with diaries! xx

Last edited:
Hey ED- I've had a hectic two days and have just wanted to sleep forever!

I'm in a right foul mood tonight. I was suppose to be going out tonight so after work went into town to get a cheapish outfit to wear. I wanted to get something about different from my usual loose style- typically chiffon dresses. I didn't know what size I am or what would suit my figure as it is at the moment. So tried LOTS of things on in sizes 14 and 16 as was a different size in different shops! What a mare! I didn't really see anything I liked- even my old safe chiffon dresses didn't suit me anymore and I couldn't find anything else to suit me!

In the end, I opted for a couple of peplum tops as they are tighter around the waist and skim the hips. I bought a chunky necklace to go with one and then went to Sainsburies to buy the next size down in black jeans- they do fab ones for short legged people and stretchy too! To my horror- they no longer sell the!! So I had two potential tops and no jeans! In the end I had to get some less stretchy black jeans which were double the price of my usual sort! They were a 16 though and I was wearing a 22 bottom before Exante.

After 3 hours of desperately trying to find something I feel exhausted! Also I feel so fed up! Despite losing nearly 3 stone, I still look hideous! I hve sooo much fat and skin everywhere and just dreadding even thinking about swimwear for August. I have no idea what size I really am now and what suits me :( I am feeling really moody and fed up!

Then I got a text saying from my friend saying we might not be going out because people had cancelled. So I have spent 3 hours trailing around shops buying potential outfits so much that I've knackered myself out (end of term tiredness plus desperate shopping = grumpy, sleep deprived me!) for a night out which isn't going to happen. So at the weekend, I will take EVERYTHING back- as I was only getting something for the night out and don't really need the clothes just yet!

Over the past two days I have received soo many lovely compliaments from work collegues, friends and even Mum's and Dad's of children. All of them have said how great I look, wanted to know my secret, saying how shocked they are about my still having to lose another 3 stone, and how being smaller really suits me. I think I've been riding high on compliaments that I almost forgot I still have a long journey ahead of me until I saw my body in my pant and bra in the changing room mirrors and still being faced with the whole clothes issues- just slightly different ones now!

Sorry to be negative.

I do hope you've all had a fab day! Will be catching up with diaries! xx

Aw u can read the stress in this is oozing out. Put the clothes away. Get a seat. Clothes your eyes and relax! You must b looking great, okay bit there yet but imagine how u would feel in u were still carrying around those 3stones and were buying size 22 jeans! X

Yeah I know you are so right :D - I could still be in size 22 jeans and 3 stones heavier. I'm having a half empty day! I must think more positively!

WI tomorrow so I hope I've had a good loss to pick me up. I was only just 12 stone 5lb last week so predicting I may be 12 stone 3lb if I'm luckily. Have been 100% this week with no chicken etc but the scales will tell me what I've lost. xx

Yeah I know you are so right :D - I could still be in size 22 jeans and 3 stones heavier. I'm having a half empty day! I must think more positively!

WI tomorrow so I hope I've had a good loss to pick me up. I was only just 12 stone 5lb last week so predicting I may be 12 stone 3lb if I'm luckily. Have been 100% this week with no chicken etc but the scales will tell me what I've lost. xx

We all play the numbers game. Try and guess what its gonna b but even if it diesnt go ur way u will get a bigger loss next week. A lb of fat is a lot! I seen someone weighing out water. 14lbs was something like 2* 2litres of water. Which is quite heavy. I have a feeling that doesn't make sense.... X

Aww I'm sure you looked lovely! Just have a breather and don't put yourself down so much, you've been doing BRILLIANT!

Fingers crossed for your WI tomorrow :) x

Yeah I get what you mean about the water- it's a lot of water! A lb is good esp when you see what a lb looks like! I just hoped to be 12 stone 1 by the end of the month.

Aw thanks Ali. I am finding it harder recently- taking A LOT of determination. Just gotta keep going! xx

Aww Hun what a nightmare, I'd have been annoyed too!!

Regarding your body though, Youre just having a 'Fat' day that's all!! I would bet anything you don't look Nywhere near as bad as you think, we all have thin and fat days. Trust me, you all say I look nice in my pics but I'm like, what!? I have flab and folds and skin too! My backside is like the BFG's portion of cottage cheese with orange peel for good measure! :D

Size 16 jeans!! Amaze balls!! You haven't been getting all them fab compliments for nothing Hun :) 3st is a HUGE loss and it will absolutely show on you, Dont put yourself down :)

All that stress would make Kate moss feel piggish in a changing room, it all adds to how we see and react to things :) You will get an Opposite Day where you will feel slim and fab I bet. You are only 12st remember lol! There is NO WAY you can be big anymore, it's just your perception now :)

its us that see the little flaws nobody else gets to see too. Others can say what they like about us looking fab, but we will always see hidden parts they don't, and pick at them, doubt the compliments. Think to ourselves 'they think that but they haven't seen me really, if they did they'd think I looked awful too!'. Wrong :) The skinniest of people also do that to themselves... Look in the mirror and see a bit of a bingo wing, a bit of leg fat that moves when they're only walking, cellulite, so on so on. You look great, You HAVE lost LOADS of weight, and you are doing bloody brilliant still aswell :D

Its just been a pig of a day Hun. 11s soon eeek! You are a hell of a lot slimmer than you started out, you just don't realise it yet :) You will. Shops don't help at all. They can really bring you down no matter how much you try not to let them. As you know, they are all different sizes which so doesn't help.

Hun, you're not 'the fat one' anymore, no matter what you think. You're not that girl. Your flippin gorgeous and shrinking smaller and smaller with every week, and everybody can see it :)

Hope you have a thin day soon, and am so sorry your weekend started off so rubbish. I hate plans that go belly up. On the plus side, no school for ages woop! :D

Youre never alone, we all have these days, all get fed up, frustrated, with everything. Our body, our clothes, the diet, our whole plan... When we're feeling emotional and moody. I was in a right loopy pickle the other day wasnt i haha! But don't worry, it will pass, you will be just fine, and will continue to shrink until you are a tiny little thing struggling to find clothes that arnt too big lol. Now that'll be a whole different wardrobe stress hehe :D xx

Thanks ED :) Your comments all make perfect sense- hopefully I will have a skinny day soon!

After having a sleep- I'm feeling much better today! We decided to go to the pub for a few waters lol and wear the jeans and top I bought yesterday. I did feel fab wearing the new clothes! We took a couple of pics and I have to say I look smaller in the pictures than the image I have in my head. It's only my top half but still feels weird to not see the huge face, shoulders, upper arms and belly.

So weigh in day today and end of the challenge. I've lost 2lb again this week :) I was hoping to reach 3 stone mark by the end of the month but only 2lb away. On a positive note, I'm now slightly over half way through my journey! That feels fab! :) :)

I was thinking about having a meal for my birthday tomorrow as I'm not sure if the night out is happening now. But then again, I don't want to reward myself with food like a dog just because it's my birthday. I'm stuck for ideas as what to do though! It's the nice evening I want but without the food! Any suggestions?

I hope your all having a good, Good Friday!

Hi Minnie
Well done on your loss. I was sad to read about your fat day when nothing seemed to be working out hope you are now heading for a thin day. I have lost less than half of what you have lost and know I look so much better and remember you are doing your health a power of good it shouldn't all be about looks.
How about a trip to the cinema for your birthday treat you don't need to eat anything there.
Have a lovely birthday what ever you end up doing.
Mere x

So pleased you had a better day and got to really see that you are MUCH smaller! :D

Well done on your loss! Never a small loss with you that's fab Hun!

not sure what to say about your birthday as it is a super celebration!! You always choose well when it comes to meals too so I don't think there's any need to worry if you do choose a nice meal out, not a reward, but a celebration of your birthday :D Or just go with something not food related if you want t avoid food :)

Im eating tomorrow! Gah. Chicken with salad, or if there is salmon I might try that but I don't think there will be salmon. Have a fab weekend Hun whatever you decide to do :D xx

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

Thanks ED :) in the end I did have a meal at lunch time- undressed chicken salad which is fine :) went to the cinema in the end and had a great time! Going out in the week to make up for it!!
Happy Easter everyone!
No chocolate for me today! Xx

Well done on your weight loss! Like everyone has said you are doing a brilliant job....and I am really pleased to hear that you had a god birthday. Have a good Easter Sunday and Monday x

Back