WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

What's the plan for coming out of ketosis carefully before drinking? Asking because my mum and sister want me to have a few drinks Friday with their friends, for sisters Birthday. I'm unsure about it, scared to be honest. But not against the idea although not ok with it yet, for ketosis reasons and fear of how I will feel the day after!

Undecided if I will but want to know my facts before thinking about it seriously :)

I'm sure size 14 will fit perfectly and you will look amazing! :D Xx

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you decide to do with regards to drinking/not drinking and hope the sleeping arrangements work out for you x

Thanks Miss Mac :D

Urm ED I'm not too sure really! I'm going to eat normal healthy food and carbs on the day and only have a couple of drinks with lots of water too. I think the danger is more the fact I am not afew stones lighter so it won't take so long to get drunk and the fact I've had no real solid food for 3/4 months. I think that combination is a little more risky than drinking while in ketosis. I think if I come out of ketosis, ok, if I don't then I will be careful. I'm refusing to eat any bad food or unhealthy carbs like pizza just to come out of ketosis. I think if you did want to, I'd make sure I had over 70g of carbs. If I don't come out of ketosis, then I will be extremely careful and stop after the first drink lol.

The sticky thread on here is quiet useful :)

Oh and I've just received my taster slim and save packs!! I have to got say I am extremely impressed with S&S so far and I haven't even tried the products!

As its my first order, they have sent me a welcome pack which has a very informative starter booklet, a FREE shaker bottle (I only bought one from exante last week- typical) AND a FREE PINK tape measure!! How cute!! Not that I am going to change over, but have to say- I can totally be won over with gifts haha!

So 2 more days to WI and I've lost 2lb already this week. So annoying though since Monday I've been going down 1/4 of a lb a day! Come on shift it fat! Willing it to do down 1/2 in these two days!

Fab loss already Hun! :D

Hmm it all sounds so complicated for me, not sure if I'm ready. I think I will have to be 'poorly' this weekend! I'm not excited about the idea so it doesn't seem tempting enough to try. If. Was going away like you are it would be different though. Your plan sounds great and sensible!

Maybe I won't bother, I can't be bothered lol xx

If I could get out of it I would :( But then I think I don't want to be thin and have no friends if I keep getting out of stuff and not going lol. I seem like the excuse queen at the moment but know it's not doing me any favours if I don't go this weekend.

It will be great to see them but know what you mean about being ready. I don't feel ready to start eating normal food but then I have to if I want a drink. It is only one day though and I'm not going to go OTT and luckily I have 5 full days to lose any weight if I put on any!

I guess you could still go out with your Mum and sister and not drink? I would do that if I was with family or just my close friends. I wouldn't have drunk this weekend if it was my group of friends but it's my friends friends from her Uni and various trips she's been on so wanting to try and fit in and relax more and not stand out by not drinking.

So many decisions though it feels like too much hard work and easier not to drink! Lol. I am so indecisive!

I know, so many decisions! Gah.

its a my mums house so we won't be out anywhere, and it's only the 4 of us, they are wild when drinking so it would be pointless even going if I stayed sober. It's not actually the eating m worried about now, I'd just lump it, it's the alcohol. Havnt had a drink since New Year and its scary. Also worried about a hangover, and the munches that g with it. Also the fact I could be out of ketosis and feel starving, maybe not half as strong as I feel now! There's no hunger in my life anymore, but after food and drinks I'm sure it would return and I Havnt faced that yet.

Its such a big risk when I'm so close to the end now. But it's my sisters birthday and its on,y the 4 of us as it is, if I drop out it will be a huge letdown. They are so excited that I'm going because its not often, and my sister really wants us to get to know her girlfriend more and have a laugh. What a dilemma.

Maybe I will just read up on it and then make a clearer decision. I don't know what to eat, how to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, what to drink, how much to drink.. Yikes! :) xx

ED and Minnie you are both on the horns of a dilema. Instead of getting anxious about it all why not just go with the flow. You will find you can't eat much anyway and will probably find you do not want much alcohol either. Water with food or drink really curbs the appetite. You do not have to be drinking loads to enjoy yourself.
My daughter has a life threatening allergy to alcohol so she has to be TT and she is the life and soul of the party wherever she goes.
Have fun the pair of you life is for living.
Mere x

I think this diet highlights how much we may eat and drink just to please others.
You both (ED and minnie) are in a dilemma about drinking alcohol to please other people. You dont have to be unsociable and not go to your events but it should be your choice whether to drink or not.
If you were TT, a recovering alcoholic, pregnant, on anti biotics etc and didnt drink no one would blame you, so why do we often feel like we must drink just because we can and dont have a valid excuse not to!
I think you both should make a choice based on what you want to do not what others want us to do after all is that not peer pressure and is that not what we teach our children not to give in to?

Sorry this sounds like a rant but its not supposed to. Like mere said, you can still have a great time without drinking if thats what you choose to do :)

Ditto Jael :)

I think this diet highlights how much we may eat and drink just to please others.
You both (ED and minnie) are in a dilemma about drinking alcohol to please other people. You dont have to be unsociable and not go to your events but it should be your choice whether to drink or not.
If you were TT, a recovering alcoholic, pregnant, on anti biotics etc and didnt drink no one would blame you, so why do we often feel like we must drink just because we can and dont have a valid excuse not to!
I think you both should make a choice based on what you want to do not what others want us to do after all is that not peer pressure and is that not what we teach our children not to give in to?

Sorry this sounds like a rant but its not supposed to. Like mere said, you can still have a great time without drinking if thats what you choose to do :)

What an awesome post that is so true!! You're just spot on Hun thank you xx

Have a fab weekend minnie :D

Hey guys thanks for all your advice makes perfect sense.

Yesterday I woke up with the worst feeling in my stomach. I felt so bloated and in pain- very uncomfortable. Went to the toilet and discovered I'd started totm even though I'm 8 days into the pill. Ive never felt period pain like this before. I guess my bodys making up for not having a period in 4 months and perhaps starting the pill has caused it to come on suddenly.
But great. Suppose to be weighing in today and away this weekend. Of all weekends it had to be this. Now I'm really worried as its been so heavy at night. Im so annoyed!
Im thinking about not weighing today and just doing a combined week 13 and 14. I know id already lost 2lb when I weighed Wednesday but would hate to put on esp as I may be eating tomorrow. Perhaps not a good idea eating when on totm!!

Hope you all have a good weekend xx

Congratulations on getting I to the 11s chick and hope you have a lovely weekend. ******** to totm starting, it really is typical. Xxx

Your hormones ae definitely affected by being on the diet, I've had a TOTM last month even though I shouldn't be having any due to the coil. I remember it happened on LL too. Some people find their cycle changes completely, others find it much heavier or lighter. Whatever's happening I'm sure it'll be fine and it's not something to be concerned about. It's just a pain (literally and figuratively) I know.

Thanks Carrie :)

Well in the end I have weighed and was much expecting a gain with how bloated I feel.

BUT.............

I've only gone and lost 4lb this week!! I don't blimmin believe it!!

Well done minnie, excellent result!

Have a great weekend x

Back