WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

I had a low loss weight followed by a biggy next week. with this type of diet it has GOT to come off, keep going xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Hun, after a mammoth totm your water levels will be re adjusting. Give it another few days, your body won't know what's goin on! Lol xxx

I agree with what Carrie has said Minnie :)
You have had a monster of all monster TOTM's and that could be a very valid reason for only a 1lb loss :)
I had a 2lb gain at my last TOTM on my WI day, which was like finding out someone else had farted in the space suit I was in, I can tell you !!
It went soon though :)
I wish your TOTM would go... so you could have a true reflectoin of your scales :)
I am hoping that you will be whoooooshed oot yer nut overnight chick :vibes:

I agree with what Carrie has said Minnie :)
You have had a monster of all monster TOTM's and that could be a very valid reason for only a 1lb loss :)
I had a 2lb gain at my last TOTM on my WI day, which was like finding out someone else had farted in the space suit I was in, I can tell you !!
It went soon though :)
I wish your TOTM would go... so you could have a true reflectoin of your scales :)
I am hoping that you will be whoooooshed oot yer nut overnight chick :vibes:

Having real problems logging in but saw your diary and wanted to check you had a fab day and a good WI result before I get booted off again :D xx

Thanks for your support guys.

I did have a little whoosh overnight to give me a 2lb loss this week. I don't know why though but I still feel down and disappointed!

I have been sooo hungry today like my tummy has been feeling hungry not mentally hungry and I'm wondering if I'm not in ketosis- though can't think what's knocked me out?

Though I may be out of ketosis soon because I'm now taking orajel for a really swollen wisdom tooth. Its so painful that I can't lose my mouth because I bite my cheek! The orajel on closer inspection has citrus acid in but to be honest I'd rather the pain go away!

So I have been a little naughty today. I have only drank 1 litre of water and half a bottle of coke zero. I've also had 2 packs and a small chicken salad, 2 teaspoons of casserole gravy (mums homemade) and a thin slice of cheese. Not that bad carb wise but still not to plan :S I've jst felt obsessed with food today and just thinking and wanting so much of it!

I don't know why I've felt like this but it's a blooming nightmare!

Will have a proper catch up tomorrow, night girls :)

Dont beat yourself up about it hon, it's quite possible that you're out of ketosis thanks to the oraljel so it's harder to resist the food. Try to wrinse your mouth with salt water, it might help if there's any infection in the tooth and with any swelling and pain. Also get some Corsodyl mouthwash which is antispetic and can really help (even if it does taste gross). Are you going to the dentist to have it looked at?

But anyway, well done on the 2lbs, considering what your week's been like that's not terrible, it's still fairly respectable.

Well done on your loss hun xx

So woke up on a positive note today!

I was just thinking on the bright side and looking at the wider picture- if I had lost an extra pound this week- physically, it wouldn't have made a different- I wouldn't look smaller because of an extra 1lb! So onwards and downwards!!

I've had my hair done today which is always nice! My usual hairdresser, who last saw me 2 months ago, and the beautician who I see and other hairdressers couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost! The beautician didn' realise it was me until I turned around and her face was a picture! It has really helped me put things into perspective that I had a good week, even if it was challenging at times! She even asked for the name of the diet because she's interested! It's so lovely getting compliments and makes the difficult weeks worthwhile.

So on a not so positive note, my tooth/gum has got worse! I've gargled with salt, been applying orajel and now have some of that mouthwash Jael recommended :D I'm pretty sure it's infected- it tastes funny when I put my tongue on it and giving me bad breath- worse than keto breath! I've also got a sore throat now and from google research these two go hand in hand when theres an infection!
I've sent an enquiry with a local dentist as I'm not currently registered. Unfortunately, the dentists I've looked into registering at arn't open Saturdays. Hopefully the place I sent the enquiry to will get back to me Monday as I did put about my tooth.
I have no idea what to do in the meantime. It could be I wont be registered or get an appointment until the end of the week!
I can't actually eat because when I bite my bar Ibite my swollen cheek- hurts more because the bars are so hard!! Its shakes all the way!

Any dentist mini minians there to give advice? :D :D Haha

xx

If it gets really bad just go to A&E, hospitals have dental departments and you can explain that you're not registered with a dentist. It's not easy finding NHS dentists these days and many dont open on weekends. I've had a broken tooth on a Friday night before that I've had to wait until Monday to get seen to. Keep using the mouthwash and the salt water as they will help with the infection but it sounds like you need the tooth out and a course of antibiotics.

Ahh thanks Jael :)

I am in fact going to go to hospital tomorrow as it is now very infected. Did a swab with a cotton bud and lets just say it wasnt pretty!!
My breath is now 100% worse than what it was with keto breath and in the evening ive been feeling sick. So conscious to talk because of it.
I hope I dont have to have it taken out. Im the biggest wimp ever!

Jeezo minnie, that sounds so painful :(
I hope a&e can help you.
:)
Thats excellent news about the hairdresser :D

Hope the hospital visit goes well and they can take away the pain ASAP! I also hate the dentist and avoid them at all costs but one of my teeth got so soooo bad last year I booked to have it out myself! Absolute relief it was :D

Didnt hurt either, didnt feel the needle, everything was then numb and you just feel what they're doing but without any pain. Then it's all over and you can get back to normal :) xx

Hope it gets sorted for you minnie, sounds horrible :( they'll numb it before they do anything so try not to worry. Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi guys,

I went to hospital yesterday and they could only really give me penicillin. I don't know what effect being on a VLCD and penicillin has- I didnt tellthe doc I was on it. They said I need to go to a dentist so have managed to get booked in today :) I know I have to be brave and I'm sure I will feel better once they have looked at it and treated it. The discharge stuff from the tooth is making me feel so sick.

So I have a little confession :S Regretfully, I had the first slip day in 4 months! I stayed somewhere between 800-900 cals but carbs was over what we should be having on exante gram wise by about 30 extra grams. I didn't feel guilty at the time but woke up thinking argh why did I do that. I just fancied something soft and warm and real food. I could have had chicken salad but ended up having a tuna jacket. OH has taken away the scales so I won't know if any damage has been done but will weigh at the end of the week. I also have gone from having 4 litres of water to about 1litre. To be honest, I'm struggling to drink anything with my tooth as its so sensitive.

I'm hoping it may have a positive affect and kick start my metabolism. I can only hope aye! It's a shame because I weighed 11.4 yday on the scales which gives me an overweight BMI instead of obese. I prob have gone up a bit now but we shall see on weigh in day! I still have another 3 months of exante so perhaps this will give me the kick start to get the next 2 stone off in that time!

Silly billy. Lesson learned!

Good luck at the dentist today - hope they can do something to stop the pain! It sounds awful! Draw a line under yesterday and don't fall into the 'oh well, I've blown it' trap. You didn't eat enough calories to put on any body fat - only water. It will come straight back off today and I'm sure at next weigh in you will no longer be obese!! x

Thanks Becka- wise words your completely right! I'm going to just do shakes for this week and hope I still have a loss by WI Friday.

So annoyed though to slip when I have been to plan for four months apart from the odd chicken salad. I guess one day isn't going to automatically mke me put on all the weight I've lost already and know for next time that it's not worth it.

I'm not in ketosis I'd imagine after using the orajel which has citrus acid in. I wonder if antibiotics do anything weight loss/gain wise!

Good luck on your weightloss journey and thanksfor commenting in my diary. I will be off to check yours if you have one :D x

Umm hang on what did I miss? I thought you said you slipped up? A tuna jacket!? You are a star aye. If your worst slip up in 4 MONTHS STRAIGHT is a tuna jacket then you should feel very very proud not disappointed! What a star you have been throughout this journey, You really have. So determined, restrained, disciplined and regimented. Your water intake is beyond what I can manage, You are just brilliant Hun.

Well done on overweight BMI!! :D WOOP!!

I would very much imagine that will deffo be the case come WI Friday and you will be under 11st 4lb. Your 'slip up' isn't worth a pep talk lol it was a great choice compared to bad food Hun well done, I thought you were about to confess to chocolates and pizza or something. You are doing amazing, you've been through the mill this month with the longest period ever and then this horrendous dental issue.. And still... You will not be knocked.

Youve don't nothing wrong and certainly no harm, Do not feel bad, Feel proud!

WELL DONE!!!

I am so proud of you, You are diving into those 10s, You will be there in super fast time!! :D xx

Good luck at the dentist today Minnie. I am sure a little comfort eating will not have done you any harm.
Mere x

Umm hang on what did I miss? I thought you said you slipped up? A tuna jacket!? You are a star aye. If your worst slip up in 4 MONTHS STRAIGHT is a tuna jacket then you should feel very very proud not disappointed! What a star you have been throughout this journey, You really have. So determined, restrained, disciplined and regimented. Your water intake is beyond what I can manage, You are just brilliant Hun.

Well done on overweight BMI!! :D WOOP!!

I would very much imagine that will deffo be the case come WI Friday and you will be under 11st 4lb. Your 'slip up' isn't worth a pep talk lol it was a great choice compared to bad food Hun well done, I thought you were about to confess to chocolates and pizza or something. You are doing amazing, you've been through the mill this month with the longest period ever and then this horrendous dental issue.. And still... You will not be knocked.

Youve don't nothing wrong and certainly no harm, Do not feel bad, Feel proud!

WELL DONE!!!

I am so proud of you, You are diving into those 10s, You will be there in super fast time!! :D xx

Ah thanks ED- what a supportive star you are! I do deserve a little pep talk though!

Well, the tuna mayo was very mayonaisey (if I was making it myself I usually put only a smidgen in but it was a pub lunch) and I did think after I should've asked for no mayo or mayo on the side. For 2tbsp mayo its 180 cals alone!! (On MFP) Because it was so mayonaisey I didn't eat it all but deffo must have has about 1 tbsp which is still 90 cals! To think I've nearly had 100 cals of mayo is gross! I also ate OH peas that he got with his mixed grill! As you guys no, I do love my peas! :D

Unfortunately ED I then had about 10 pick n mix gummy sweets at the cinema :S I didn't realise just how many cals and carbs there are in sweets! Not good for my tooth either! It was like I had convinced myself I deserved them!

So in all I had the tuna mayo jacket with peas and salad (no butter or dressing), 10 pick and mix sweets, 3 glasses of water and a coke zero all day. No packs at all! When I write it down it doesn't look a lot but its all the hidden carbs and the cals of the mayo. Naughty minnie!

Deffo not proud but I guess I could have ordered something like lasagne or hunters chicken which is worse. I would normally have had a starter or pudding or both before! So in that way I restrained myself as no way would order a jacket before!!

But I have seen the error in my ways and will not do it again!

I just need to be more consistent again :D and get my bottom into those 10's!!

You dont need a pep talk, you made great choices, even if you dont think you did. Compare it to what you might have eaten before you did this diet!! A few extra carbs and some sugar isnt a disaster, and most people do "normal" diets including lots of carbs, especially jackets, and still lose weight, so you've not done anything wrong.

Anyway good luck for the dentist, hope they can sort it out and I'm glad you've got some antibiotics too.

Back