WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

The woods and spring sound lush, I have that here too and the mountains, beaches, being in the valleys near the shore.. But I have never appreciated it or made the most of it. Time is now! Well I sold my treadmill when I was skint, which I now regret grr lol, and I can't afford gym, also not confident enough to run outside. So I'm thinking get back to the walking I used to do before OH run me everywhere in the car, or attempt the Josie Gibson DVD and 30DS again.

What I would LOVE is to get a bike and this little double seat carrier things you attach to the back, so the girls can have a ride wherever I go and I won't need to worry about finding anyone to watch them for me etc. or I could just get a bike and ride down the beach along the seafront and ride home again in time to collect little one from nursery 11:30am.

Depends on cost I suppose, the free option for me is the walking and DVDs right now, as I still have my gym mat and weights too but don't want to stall on these last few lbs either. Hmmmm.

Yeah your right- you don’t have to spend a fortune to exercise and can be really low budget.
My friend on the CDP does Josie’s and it’s deffo made an impact!
I will try the shred but oh my will I be dreading it! Haha!
I remember doing one day last time and was aching for ages after!

Ahh the bike idea sounds fab- the girls will love it and your'll be doing some good pulling the extra weight!!I'd love to live near the beach! You're so lucky- sounds lovely!

There's a lady on one of the groups that's lost a huge amount on Exante in a short amount of time and she drinks 6-8 litres of water a day I think she said, but how can you have any kind of life if you're drinking that much? Surely you must just be on the loo all day? I've only had a litre and a half today, was out all morning and been making braids all afternoon/evening and I can't drink when both hands are busy lol.

I think I know which lady you’re talking about- like 5 stone in 12 weeks or something! I wonder if she’s on here? I couldn’t possible have the time to drink that much water! I would be disappearing from lessons every few minutes! Not practical for me.
I wonder if she had a bigger start weight as you do lose it quicker the bigger you are so I’ve observed. Who knows? Wonder if water does really make that difference?

i read that margarine shares 27 ingredients with paint, again i dunno how true this is?!

to work out your required water intake u multiply your weight in kilos by 33 ie 85kilos * 33 = 2805 that is your own basic requirements or as close as is measurable! the problem with too much water is the time scale u drink it in, if you drink 4 litres within an hours period then this is likely to b fatal whereas 4litres over a course of a day is alright! i use a litre bottle and fill it at breakfast, refil it at lunch tea and before I go to bed. and sometimes much more that this - if you are over 75 you multiply it by 25 x

Ooh thats a helpful way of knowing- never knew that!
You can buy ferrous sulphate from the chemist counter but the dose would normally be based on blood results. You normally take 1 upto a max of 3 times daily. You can buy multi vit's with extra iron but if your not feeling weaker than usual and the inside of your eye lid is still pinky, it normally means your iron level is fine. :) xxx

Ooh thanks for that info Carrie! Prob will have to get something to sort me out! I did think about the multi vits with the extra iron. :)

Ahh thanks guys I'm super chuffed with no longer being obese :D

It's is an amazing achievement hun look how far you have come, You really have done yourself proud I bet your Mum is bursting with pride, I remember how happy she was for you after 1 stone when she bought you flowers. Now it's almost 4 stone and your sliding into the 10s!!! Amazing xx

Well done you, I am really happy for you.

Ahh yeah she is so proud and can see how happy I am. Though at the same time I don't want to make her feel bad about being overweight. I do find it hard to not talk about the diet to her though!

She still has held her promise and at every stone loss has bought me a little pressie :D At 3 stone it was cinnamon bath and shower gel which I love! Cinnamon is my favourite smell in the world! She can't believe how quick it comes off- she says before she knows it, it's time to get another one! :D

That's so sweet, it's great that she's so supportive, after reading how unsupportive some people's families are. I was talking about it with my mum today. She's the biggest she's been in many years, but she doesnt seem to want to do this. She's having hynotherapy and hey did some aversion therapy yesterday apparently to chocolate, ice cream and biscuits. I'd have chosen to have it for bread rather than ice cream, that's something I can live without lol. I hope for her sake it helps but I've had hynotherapy in the past (without the aversion therapy) and it did nothing for me.

Whats the numbers on the box this morning jael

Hoping for a good one :)

Nik

Have a lovely day Minnie.

Yeah she is an amazing Mum- truly supportive and genuinely wanting me to lose weight. I'm not that close to my dad but make up for it with the relationship I have with my mum- positive things do come from divorces! :) I hope your Mums hypnotherapy works. I had the hypnoband last year- it did have some positives though wasn't the miracle I thought it would be. The weight loss was okay- normal compared to WW etc but it didn't control what I put in my mouth and there we go- I had little cheats here and there though was eating smaller portions and ate salad for the first time!

So today I went into work, set up and prepared for lessons but at about 8am I had painful cramps and had to rush to the toilet! Anyone who knows me know I can't use public loo's! But for once, I had to! Then it went then it came back on at half 8- so painful I had to get another teacher to do my playground duty and register my class while I went to the toilet- again! Then I started my maths lesson, trying to hold it together, but the urge came on again and had to leave my class with my TA while I went to the loo!- for the third time! So I was sent home and I'm glad I did as it did get worse when I got home but I'm feeling a little better now after going to the loo- fourth time! I'm thinking perhaps it's the antibiotics causing havoc with me- hoping its not a bug! :sick0019:

Uh oh.... That's how mine started WSM really hope you feel better soon and it is just the antibiotics xxx

oh dear just aim on keeping hydrated x

Seems to be going around, Thats what happened to me too but mine was for 24 hours. Hope you feel better soon and good luck for WI tomorrow! A good clear out will help the scales lol xx

Oh no :( Hope you feel better soon xx

Oh no :( Hope you feel better soon xx
Yes, get well soon! Hope you'll have a good night sleep, always seems to do wonders for me. :)

Oh no Minnie :(
I hope you feel better soon :)

Good luck for WI today hun!! :D xx

Feeling happy happy today! Must be because of the 3 day weekend! Week 17 WI and I’m pleased to have lost 3lb! It was actually about 3lb ¾’s from last week’s WI as I had only just hit 11.5. But I don’t count those little bits!
So despite my naughty day off plan- and sweeties- I had a good loss! You can never judge these things. I bet if I did the same thing I’d get a totally different result. But I’m happy to be in my 3lb club again as I feel happiest losing this amount a week because of my guesstimate chart I did at the beginning.
I guess doing this diet you forget the value of the lbs- 3lb is loads but it has come the norm and I took it for granted until last week’s 2lb when I got down about 2lb. 2lb is great! But you know what we’re like!
So- I weighed about an hr ago and I was ¼ up from am weigh in despite 2 packs and 500ml water! I’m now hoping that by tomorrow I will have lost enough to weigh 11.1 which gives me my 4 STONE loss!! Woop de woop!
I’m feeling really good today- my tooth infection has nearly gone, my period has FINALLY stopped (fingers crossed!) and my funny tummy is better. Also getting compliments literally every day! It’s such an amazing feeling- such a boost and the majority of people are genuinely happy for me! One of the Mum’s even said, ‘Hello sexy lady!’ Haha. It makes the tough days worth it when people make you feel like you’ve done well. I wish I could see me from their perspective. Like I see myself in the mirror- I can see that I’ve lost weight but I don’t have an image of what I look like in my head. When I see pictures of myself it’s like I’m looking at someone I don’t know- and it’s not what I see in the mirror.
I also had a little happy moment when I got home. It’s a lovely day here and I was getting changed out of my work clothes when I thought I want to put on something summery. I’ve got this fab little floral number which I wore at the start of my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year at uni- I can remember wearing it on the first night back from the summer hols- it was the first time I dyed my hair lighter blonde. Obviously it has been waaaaay to small for the past 5 years and barely worn. Anyway I tried it on a month or so ago and it was still too tight. Tried it on today- way to big! I can’t believe it! I’d be waiting to fit into this dress and now the opportunity has been and gone! It’s a good thing tho- I can sell it and make some money for new ones J
Anyway, I hope you’ve all been enjoying the sunshine xx
PS: still not able to press ENTER!!!!!! GRRR

Well done minnie :D
3lbs off is great :D
You should have worn your summer outfit to let your brain realise that its too big for you now ;)

Wow that's a great loss WSM. And woohoo on totem, sore mouth and dodgy tummy all going!!! You defo deserve these compliments your getting! We need a new pic!!! Xxx

Back