WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Go swim! Even at my biggest I used to go - my attitude was that people may look and may think something but they won't say it and once they've thought it they'll be thinking about something else in a minute! Be proud of your achievements and enjoy a swim x

GO SWIMMING.

Seriously, Do it! You will love it, You'll feel amazing for doing it, It's a milestone. Getting into a cossie and going for a swim when months ago you thought you never would. It will be excellent exercise and you will feel great for it you really will. Nobody looks, everyone is there for themselves and once you're in there you really won't care!

Please don't let OHs words stop you, hold you back, dampen your enthusiasm and flatten your newly found budding confidence!! MEN!!! I would take his comment with less than a pinch of salt. He sounds like my OH with his comment, and I don't take anything he says on board. If I did, I'd honestly not leave the house lol. This journey is for YOU and everything about changing your confidence and health is for YOU. YOU want to go swimming :)

Cant advise much on the breakfast as I don't know about the bread, but I would definitely say a 2 egg omelette for sure anyway! :)

Anywaayyyyy.... WELL DONE GETTING IN THE 10s!!!! :D:D:D Fantastic!!!

Now go celebrate with a swim :D xx

Well done to you getting into the 10's...that is fantastic!

well done...I would suggest you going swimming

Better to be a toned 10st than a flabby 8st? Look at dr Christian? His bmi is 26! That's because his muscle mass is a higher percentage. 1lb of muscle weighs the exact same as 1lb of fat. But is lean and firm. I know we are all so focused on numbers ( as that's what we see, we can see 2lbs on a scale but we cant see 1inch? Think of out body's as a pillow case. Now in 1 is 1st of feathers and in another is 1st of lead weight.... Which is smaller? Which is firmer? They weigh the exact same but look completely different, you've done amazing getting into those 10s! You should be proud! Now gwt that cozzie on and get swimming missy! In 2 months time you'll be glad you did :) xxx

I like the way you have put that Carie

fat vs muscle.jpg

Thanks ladies- you are all so right! I ended up speaking to my Mum who made me feel so much better about going. That's the advice I needed- not the brutal honesty from OH who was digging a bigger hole from himself when he tried rectifying things!

I did get up to go for the early swim this morning- 8am until 9am. But do you know what- I'd only gone and started TOTM- again! In the night! Obviously very unprepared for it too! I still have 4 pills left until my break! I was flaming mad! I still am! To have your heart set on something- I know swimming isn't a big deal- but the fact I'd mentally prepared myself for it just was and is so frustrating! I couldn't believe it! I want to go swimming asap now so hopefully this won't be another 4 week long period! I seriously can' handle that again!

As I got up so early, I decided to go over my Mums who was off to a donkey sanctuary where they have a table top sale where proceeds from table hire go towards the charity. I ended up buying a pashmina for 50p and a roald dahl book for my class. We then went to a couple of charity shops where I bought a lovely beach bag for my holibob and a gorgeous cardigan originally from Fat Face! I'm loving getting these bargains!

I also got my 4 stone loss pressie from Mum- a set of hair stuff for blonde hair and a couple of sarongs for my hol! I love her :D

Have a nice weekend mini minians ! xx

oh no sucks about TOTM, I hope for your sake it's a normal one this time :( But yay for bargains and pressies x

You really do have a great mum. Wonderful that she gives you so much support.
Mere x

No prizes for guessing that I would say swim :p
Deffo go swimming Minnie :D
Anything that releases all those lovely little endorphins around your brain is GOOOOOOD :D
Its a shame that TOTM has started again. I hope it doesnt last even half as long as the last one :)

Now, your breakfast idea.
2 poached eggs on a wholemeal slice of toast, is not a bad idea.
It is a very healthy breakfast :)
But you will knock your self out of ketosis.
Is it definatley a breakfast that you wish to have ?
For me, I would try to keep it as low carb as possible.

A couple examples :
1. Poached egg, a couple of rashers of grilled bacon, dry fried mushrooms (use a really good non stick frying pan, with no oil, on quite a high heat, add about half a teaspoon of soya sauce, right at the end of cooking )
2. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon
3. Poached egg and poached smoked haddock.
4. Bacon and mushroom omlette.
Mushrooms have a faily high amount of protein for a veg, so good on a ketogenic diet.
If you wanted, you could serve all of the above on a bed of spinach, which is low in carbs too :)

Today must have been grab a bargain at the charity shops day :D. Got a couple of bits myself :D

Ahh thanks Marge- great advice re exercise :D

Deffo up for swimming :) I can't wait for TOTM to go so I can go! Actually excited about it- I may even do aqua zumba once I get used to swimming again!

Yeah, you're right! I forgot about ketosis! Like the sound of the eggs and bacon though esp if I could get it without the fat on.

So although I couldn't swim this weekend, I got myself back on my cross trainer. I did 40 mins quite easily really and only stopped because I had to get ready as went to the zoo today! I could have carried on as was actually really enjoying it! I had 'The Voice' playing on my phone using the bbc I player app and I was so in the zone! Loved it! Can't wait to get into a proper schedule! I might start getting up at 5:30am in the morning and doing 1/2 hr before work. But that's quite a big challenge!

I hope you've all had a fab day! xx

That sounds lie a tough plan, getting up at 530. Can't you o it n the evenings

Yuk !!
Up at 5.30am to exercise ?!?!?!
Now that is hardcore !!
But if you can do it, and enjoy it, then go for it !!
:D

Yay well done WSM, deffo agree that music just gets you going and makes it even more enjoyable! Although I'm only swimming at the moment I am excited to start the gym beginning of June! You will be a toned Godess :D

Gutted for you a out TOTM again jeez!! I don't know anything about the pill, Will this be forever while you take it? You cope so well though Hun and still have fab losses so well done you.

Also wanted to ask you if you know about spray tans!? Iv actually booked to have one the day before I go away haha! Me, a tan! What do I need to do before it, and what do I need to do that day after it? Scared of being orange or not doing something right, although I'm sure the girl can tell me anyway but I don't want to nag her about what to do before I go. Is it just exfoliate my whole body when I'm in the shower that morning?

Also chuffed for you about the gifts from your Mum :D xx

No deodorant or perfume when you go and make sure your defuzzed, and exfoliated before hand. I'd also put clear varnish on as it can stain your nails. That's about it :) xxx

No deodorant or perfume when you go and make sure your defuzzed, and exfoliated before hand. I'd also put clear varnish on as it can stain your nails. That's about it :) xxx

Oh fab thanks Carrie! I'm also planning on being reeeeeally selfish, and getting my nails done on the Saturday 25th hehe! I said I would get them done when I reached the 12s but never did. I want to rock up in Yorkshire primed, tanned and feeling good so why not :D Will remember the clear varnish! xx

Mousturise every time you come out of the shower/bath too, a good 4 or 5 days before you go for your tan too ED :). I would exfoliate a couple of times then too :)
Last time I had a fake tan done professionally, it went patchy 2 days after I had it done. It put me off, so I do the St Moritz stuff myself, and it seems to fade better :). Maybe I just didnt mousturise/exfoliate enough then, as I really didn't know alot about them then ;)

Exfoliating is just scrubbing with body scrub and a ball scrub thingy, one of those net 'sponges' is it? xx

Exfoliating is just scrubbing with body scrub and a ball scrub thingy, one of those net 'sponges' is it? xx
Aye, I use a net spongey thing :)
For a proper exfoliate, I like to have a wee soak in the bath first, then do it. Then mousturise. It might be better to that the day before your tan, so your skin can rest :)

I'm not sure those net sponges will give you enough exfoliating, if you can get a scrub or a loofah type thing that might work better. I'd do it every couple of days for a week before you go to make sure you've got rid of any dry skin and as the others have said, moisturise loads.

Back