WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Fab a out the clothes! :D

I checked the milk before when I considered a cuppa and I think for skimmed its around 40-50 cals and 4-5g carbs for 100ml. If you continue to lose doing this I am deffo having a cuppa yum! xx

Yeah your right ED- 100ml is 50 cals and 5g carbs.

I roughly have 10ml per mug and have probs 3 a day max so pretty happy continuing with the milk. I actually find it helps me stay on track- when I'm feeling weak- I make a tea to keep me focused!

Omg 10ml! That's like 2 little teaspoons of milk haha, That wouldn't do for me, It would still be basically black tea and I don't like it :( Never mind!

Well done on the exercise too that's excellent, Im glad you've had a good weekend. Oh and I LOVE the mad hatter crafts :eek: :D Wow xx

Ha! I literally pour in the water and plop the tea bag out so it isn't strong! Perhaps I'm being a bit wrong with my measures!

I based it on a medicine spoon being 5ml and a teaspoon being a little less? Well whatever I have- I'm going to have milk ha ha!

Aww thanks! It was a fab but tiring week! :D

You know, I might get this WI out of the way Tuesday and try a cup of tea if and when i feel like, with about 50ml milk but once a day limit. Or coffee even! Guess I could see how it goes :) Funny that skimmed milk has about 15 cals less per 100ml but 1g carbs more.

Funny what you learn while on this plan - food really doesn't go very far at all to top up the days allowance does it. id think nothing of a king size kebab with a couple of slices of pizza, family sized choc bar afterwards. mortified at that now - would surely be over my whole days normal allowence of 2000 cals in just that sitting. no wonder i gained 4 stone in 9 months last year! xx

I know I did think about putting a typical 'old' day into my fitness pal and comparing to what I'm having now!

I guess a typical day before I started healthy eating last year would have been:

2 slices of white toast with marmite

Banana

Sandwich/wrap/pitta with ham, tuna, cheese with a packet of crisps

Pasta with tomato based sauce/pizza/some rice concoction/jacket potatoes/stirfries/lasagne

Plus I'd prob pick when I got home from work before cooking.

CARB CENTRAL!

What would your typical day look like?

I know I did think about putting a typical 'old' day into my fitness pal and comparing to what I'm having now!

I guess a typical day before I started healthy eating last year would have been:

2 slices of white toast with marmite

Banana

Sandwich/wrap/pitta with ham, tuna, cheese with a packet of crisps

Pasta with tomato based sauce/pizza/some rice concoction/jacket potatoes/stirfries/lasagne

Plus I'd prob pick when I got home from work before cooking.

CARB CENTRAL!

What would your typical day look like?

Now see that's not bad and naughty though! I know it adds up but i mean compared to takeaways and huge binges, that doesnt look that bad!

Hmm I don't know really, that's the thing, I didn't really eat during the day. Deffo didn't do breakfast.. I'd binge and starve, then then last 3 months of last year I just had takeaways most nights when OH was working. He worked 12 hour night shifts for 5 months straight and that's absolutely when I gained all my weight. As I said, it would be huge kebabs, loads and looooooads of chocolate bars one after another, sweets, pizza. Iv got photos of me in August & Sept 20012 and I look ok! I'm about 12st, then BAM! By December I am huge, so it was those months eating crap at night. Not because I was lonely, sad, bored or depressed... But because nobody was watching so I pigged out without guilt because I was a greedy person, simple as that, and I went for it. I guess in the day I would pick little bits of leftovers off the girls plates before binning it, things like that. If I went out for meals I'd order enough for 3 people and gobble the lot too, plus desert.

Before his nigh shits I stayed around 12st for a while because I was always on some crash diet I invented, then eating, then starving. Thank God for Exante and all the priceless things I have learnt now eh :) xx

It's crazy isn't it how fast weight can go on! Did OH ever notice you'd put on weight? Mine never said anything! Said he didn't realise!

I'm same as you, was just greedy! OH had taught me bad habits- never drank fizzy drinks until I met him, never had takeaways or meals out. Suddenly we'd gone to eating out loads and having 3 course dinners or going out for lunch but both having starters. We'd have a takeaway every Friday :S

Cheese, bread and crisps are my downfall.

Would love to have gone on Supersize, superskinny and seen all the weeks food laid out on the table!

Iv thought that about the table of laid out food! I think they'd need extra tables for me some days last year haha!

My Oh says the same too! I waited until I got to 11st then showed him my before and after pics (clothed) and he said something like 'OMG you was a right fatty wasn't you! I didn't even realise!' Lol cheers.

With living with partners I guess we pile out plate the same as them even though they are men. I got my portion sizes from growing up - My mother cooks up mountains of meals even OH can't finish! Iv always been able to out-eat most men let alone women :eek: Not anymore though!

I also love bread and cheese. Takeaways, pasties, sausage rolls etc. Not so much crisps ever really but I can eat a shop out of stock in chocolate! I'm always going to like chocolate I just need to curb it as a rare thing in the future!

It is scary how fast weight goes on! xx

I am the same. At least we are learning to control our portion sizes.
Hope you had a good day Minnie.

It's funny isn't it how our men didn't notice! I think, "How the hell did you not?!?!"

I did the same, showed him the pic around 11/12 stone and he laughed and said I looked like a hamster! :giggle:

It's funny though, when we first started dating- I was 18- never had been out on proper dates before so when we went out for dinner in the early days I'd have girly portions and be like 'I can't possibly eat all of that," and would end up leaving loads so I wouldn't look fat! When really I could have eaten it all plus the plate! I was about 12stone at this point and OH would say to people, "She doesn't eat much" and then I used to get embarrassed because I would feel people were thinking, "Yeh right, you can't be that much overweight and have a small appetite!"

But alas, the comfortable stage kicked in and I didn't care how much I ate in front of him, and like you ED, eating man sized portions! I must have looked like such a pig!

The man size portions will be no more ladies! I wonder whether we could physically manage it now?

Changing the subject though- delivery came today- the bars taste realllllly different!!! Anyone else found this lately????

Minnie you are doing great. :D

I must admit, I have always had milk in my tea. I think I did a few days in the very beginning without milk, but I figured that to keep me on track, milk in my tea was going to do it :)
Unsweetened soya milk has slightly less cals per 100mls, 33kcals. It also has much less carbs. 0.2g of carbs per 100mls for unsweetened soya milk, against 5g of carbs for skimmed milk :)
I use soya in my tea. But it can curdle in coffee, so then I use skimmed milk. :)

Thanks Marge :)

Oh really may be worth getting some soya milk. What does it taste like? I just think if a splash of milk causes me to gain then it doesn't say much for maintenance!
Hoping to see 10.3 on the scales today! X

Thanks Marge :)

Oh really may be worth getting some soya milk. What does it taste like? I just think if a splash of milk causes me to gain then it doesn't say much for maintenance!
Hoping to see 10.3 on the scales today! X

Well thats what I thought too :)
Soya milk is sort of nutty.
Try it :)
I buy the uht value or smart price range as I prefer it to alpro. Its only 59p or 60p a carton. If you don't like it, you havent lost too much dosh :D

I love soya milk :) I agree sort of creamy n nutty I use the alpro never tried the cheaper brands as worried they'd be awful. Ill give it a go now though. Thanks marge! Fingers crossed for 10st 3lbs WSM xxx

Oooh nuttys good! I will get some tonight when I go to pick up a Kenwood smoothie maker as my blender broke last night due to crushing ice!

Well the first time i got on the scales it was 10.4 exactly...for the third day in a row so I got on three more times and they all showed 10.3 3/4 strange!

Oh and the bars I've got say 14g carbs! That's not right is it!?

I love soya milk :) I agree sort of creamy n nutty I use the alpro never tried the cheaper brands as worried they'd be awful. Ill give it a go now though. Thanks marge! Fingers crossed for 10st 3lbs WSM xxx

Aye, I only like the unsweetened one anyway. I like it in cereal, which isnt too helpful on a tfr diet eh ?:p But im only using it in tea just now ;)
The cheaper brands are good :)

Oh and the bars I've got say 14g carbs! That's not right is it!?

What bars do you have ?
Exante ?
Maybe if they taste different and the carb count is different, they may have changed the recipe ?
I can't remember what the bars had in them, but I'm pretty sure it was around the 20g ish mark. And about 200 cals :)
Email them Minnie. See what they say :)

Yeah they are exante ones! Very odd!

Yeh I may have to email. ..great if its lower carbs but surely they cant now be lower than the shakes?

At work now but popped into the shop for some soya milk. Tastes alright actually! Thanks for the recommendation!

Back