WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

Love the new avvy! You are now a SKINNY MINNIE! :D

Absolutely 9s for you this week! Don't drive yourself nuts on those scales and stay off them at night lol! xx

Ahh thanks for taking the time to read my diary :) I lurked for a while before deciding to have my own- it really has helped having the support of this forum. Nobody quite knows how difficult a VLCD can be so it's great to have this forum. Before going to look, do you have a diary?

Thanks for you lovely comment- never imagined I'd inspire anyone :) Last year I was 16 stone and thought I'd never be 10 stone again. Heading for the 9's is CRAZY! I never thought a diet like this would suit me either- always been an advocate for healthy eating and exercise but I'd usually give up as weight loss is slow. Have you done a diet like this before?

How are you finding S&S? A work colleague of mine has switched from Exante to S&S and is finding it much easier with 4 packs and veg allowance plus the variety is so much better.

I see you have only 2 stone to lose- that won't take you long at all!

All the best :D :D

Hello SkinnyMinnie,

Thank you for responding!
I've only been doing SnS since Saturday but I think the choice of food packs is good....it means that I can have a sort of fake meal as you can have 200g of veg so if I chose Spag Bol I can pour it over some cauliflower and be able to chew something.....lol........I've never done a VLCD before so I am anxious about my motivation lasting but it feels like a good solution....little bit radical.....I don't want to spend months hating myself for being fat but not quite doing something about it.....I realised that I was wearing a coat even if it was 25 degrees outside and leggings and a t shirt and a cardigan EVERY DAY.
I really respect your determination and it's great to read about somebody else's experience of something as opposed to being sold a diet by the diet company....I work in local government in a very politically correct environment where my colleagues emotional I'Q's are high....but it will be interesting to see how they react to me doing a VLCD - they all have strong opinions which they won't be shy in sharing with me....
Cheers

Ahh you ladies really know how to boost my confidence :D

Yeah I agree...I've seen pictures of people adding veg to packs and must be nice to have a bit of normality and I bet it fills you up a fair bit!

I must admit, I was dubious about diets like this- you read so many horror stories and negatives. The old "you put it on even quicker" doesnt help. I can honestly say exante has been the best thing I've done. I am fitter, happier, more confident person and best of all my teaching has improved! It got to a point where I was self conscious, avoided being a lively teacher because I'd get out of breath and not be able to talk after! Now I can jump around the classroom with energy and not be too worried about what I look like.

You will be glad you started this esp after your first weigh. Will you tell your colleagues or could you keep it underwraps for now? I think be prepared to have some negative comments but dont let them put you off. Id lost 21lb on first month so your journey won't take long at all.

What do slim and save predict as monthly weight loss average?

Ahh you ladies really know how to boost my confidence :D

Yeah I agree...I've seen pictures of people adding veg to packs and must be nice to have a bit of normality and I bet it fills you up a fair bit!

I must admit, I was dubious about diets like this- you read so many horror stories and negatives. The old "you put it on even quicker" doesnt help. I can honestly say exante has been the best thing I've done. I am fitter, happier, more confident person and best of all my teaching has improved! It got to a point where I was self conscious, avoided being a lively teacher because I'd get out of breath and not be able to talk after! Now I can jump around the classroom with energy and not be too worried about what I look like.

You will be glad you started this esp after your first weigh. Will you tell your colleagues or could you keep it underwraps for now? I think be prepared to have some negative comments but dont let them put you off. Id lost 21lb on first month so your journey won't take long at all.

What do slim and save predict as monthly weight loss average?

Hello SkinnyMinnie
I will try and keep the VLCD to myself but I think that some people will work it out by themselves to be honest.....It's weird but weight, diets and weight loss are subjects that cause lots of speculation and people feel free to make extremely personal comments about weight in a way that they don't about other aspects of peoples health and wellbeing.
I checked the booklet from Slim and Save and its careful not to give speculative numbers in terms of pounds and they do not have consultants "selling" the diet
plan but I suspect they would suggest a stone a month.....

Cheers

Ahh thanks for taking the time to read my diary :) I lurked for a while before deciding to have my own- it really has helped having the support of this forum. Nobody quite knows how difficult a VLCD can be so it's great to have this forum. Before going to look, do you have a diary?

Thanks for you lovely comment- never imagined I'd inspire anyone :) Last year I was 16 stone and thought I'd never be 10 stone again. Heading for the 9's is CRAZY! I never thought a diet like this would suit me either- always been an advocate for healthy eating and exercise but I'd usually give up as weight loss is slow. Have you done a diet like this before?

How are you finding S&S? A work colleague of mine has switched from Exante to S&S and is finding it much easier with 4 packs and veg allowance plus the variety is so much better.

I see you have only 2 stone to lose- that won't take you long at all!

All the best :D :D

God Skinny I so want to be you!! I'm here at the 16 stone start mark and it (9-10 stone) looks so far away! Can't believe how well you've done!! It really is great :D xxx

Good luck for WI tomorrow hun!! :D xx

God Skinny I so want to be you!! I'm here at the 16 stone start mark and it (9-10 stone) looks so far away! Can't believe how well you've done!! It really is great :D xxx

Thank you :) I felt like that only recently! I can remember feeling a fool for telling people my target was 9 stone something. But here I am and it doesn't feel like it's taken long at all!! You will definitely get there.

I haven't done this diet perfectly but am pleased with my results :)

This morning I...

was in the 9's!!

9.13! Yay! So so happy! :party0011: :party0011: :party0011:

Tonight I am staying at my Mum's as it's her birthday and easy to stay then to drive back home so I won't be able to weigh tomorrow.

I could either take today's weight as my week 25 loss or weigh Saturday. What do you ladies think?

I am happy with taking todays weight as I have lost 4lbs so far!! :eek: I know next week won't be so much of a loss and weighing Sat leaves me a day short. Not that it really matters in the end.

In other news.....

Today I came second in the staff race at our school sports day! Haha! I ran my little legs off! :D

That's fantastic........! If I were you I would hold on to any indication I was 9 stone something !!!!!!!! Go you coming second in the staff race.....:superwoman:

In the 9's :banana dancer:
Now, where would you have came in that race in the 16's ?
Well done Minnie :D

Thanks ladies :D

Exactly Marge! The past two years I've worried about the staff race for weeks then on the day made some excuse despite encouragement from the other teachers. Big achievement for me just to even stand on the starting line :D

So here is my 5 stone loss pic...a bit late :p

Not a massive difference in weight loss between the pictures but thinking my legs look a little smaller? Excuse the saggy tum and lack of boobage! Have a lot of toning to do and it's clear to see I've still maintained my families large bottom!! I guess you have to inherit something! :giggle:

5 stone loss.jpg

Your looking fab! Looks like a little six pack showing :) well done skinny minny... No a wannabe now! Think a name change is on the cards skinny xxx

Haa noooooo Carrie- that's where my skin sags in the middle- most definitely not a six pack!

When I lean over, I must have about 4 inches of sagging skin. My legs are bad too. OH thinks its skin and not fat left on my legs now because of the way it hangs rather than wobbles.

Not ready for a name change yet- 9 stone 6 was my preliminary target as I couldn't imagine myself getting any smaller! I will then try to get to the 8's.

Changing the subject, for 2 days now I've been having toilet troubles.

I need to go- can feel I need to go and get the urge, but when it comes to doing the deed nothing happens! I've done some research and maybe thinks its impacted stools! Have taken some dulcoease to help make things happen more comfortably. Feeling so bloated and blocked I'm thinking I will take todays weight as my Week 25 WI.

PS. I've has a tiny slice of bday cake- icing removed. :p

Your legs are thinner :)
So are your arms :D

Congratulations! You look amazing!! Honestly it was reading your diary and everything that got me motivated to start exante! So happy for you!

OMG look at you skinny Minnie. So happy for you ;)

WOW! Well done Skinny, am made up for you and insanely jealous! :D xx

Your legs are thinner :)
So are your arms :D

Ah thanks for noticing Marge :) I can't see a massive difference- not like before- but when I look really closely I can notice tiny things! Like my forearms look smaller!

Congratulations! You look amazing!! Honestly it was reading your diary and everything that got me motivated to start exante! So happy for you!

Ahh bless, thanks so much! I read the stories on the Exante website before starting but it was this forum too which made me think, "Yeh I'll give it a go!" Over 5 stone in the space of nearly 6 months- NEVER thought that would happen! 6 months compared to the 5 years I've tried dieting and been depressed about my weight!

The best of luck for you on TS- well done on your loss already :D

OMG look at you skinny Minnie. So happy for you ;)

Thaaaaanks Harry :D

WOW! Well done Skinny, am made up for you and insanely jealous! :D xx

Ah bless you, thanks gigglepants! :D If I can do it, anyone can! Not quite at the finishing like yet though!

So week 25 and a 4lb loss :)

Just what I needed to boost my motivation!

Terribly behind on my guesstimate weight loss chart but never mind. You can't always set an exact deadline for these things. What will be will be!

Just happy to be in the 9's. Have a planned meal Sunday just hope I don't go back into the 10's but that thought should control me a bit more.

Awful toilet problems- have taken LOTS of dulcoease and have managed to go but not very comfortably!!

Bloated and full but will also take some laxatives tonight so I can feel a bit better.

Hate having toilet trouble. :( :(

Hope you ladies are having a nice day xx

Back