Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

Gemma, i'm on day 3 and have already lost 4lbs!! Think I'm in ketosis already but will be checking tomorrow as my CDC asked me to.

Good luck with your day 3 hun :) at lunchtime we'll be halfway through our first week! Time flies xxx

me too hehe! tis the only way to stop the gang at work suspecting! and has been a godsend as its been really cold the past few days :) has been nice to have tea and 'porridge' to warm me up!

have had another good day today :) so we're now over halfway through our first week... feels like ive been doing it forever but cant believe its only been 3 days!! onwards and slimwards i say! x

ooohhh you are doing so well. I am going to jump for joy when I see your weight loss :) Well done for getting through day 3. I'm not sure I could do 1 lol.

lol thanks chick, just realised halfway thru the week will be tomorrow lunchtime, not today :( oops! silly me!

am feeling the munchies this evening, i know it's pyschological but its annoying! and mike has invited a couple over on Saturday night (we're all going to see the fireworks together after, subject to good weather) for a few drinks - hate the idea of having to sit here not eating or drinking when they'll all be having takeaway and being merry. Bah humbug. But I have told Mike I am NOT giving in for one silly night of unnecessary consumption. It's not worth it, and I told him off for trying to tempt me! hehe x

Keep it up hun, you'll be there in no time! I'm still on the CD810 but tbh I've cheated something awful these last two weeks! You already look fabulous though! :)

Hehe thanks guys *blushes*

I'M IN KETOSIS, it's official. Beginning of day 4 (so 3 full days completed) and am a nice rosy pink, plus have lost 4.5lbs so far :) happy days!!!

Off to have my 'porridge' now and then work... here's to a good day today xxx

Well done hun! That is fab :)

I find it hard to get excited about ketosis lol. When I was pregnant both times I was so ill I went into ketosis and was also dehydrated. I eneded up in hospital both times and lost over a stone in a matter of weeks so I only ever see it as a 'bad' thing. I have never felt so ill. I know it helps weight loss wise though ;)

Have a good 4th day!

woohoo ull be grand now and u flew into it no probs!!
tut tut yad no he was a man being so insensitive to do that haha only messing hunni as long as ur dedicated to not breaking it..u wont!!
have a good day xxx

OMG how gorgeous and skinny do you look!!! Good luck with CD.

mum always said i was photogenic but tbh i hated my body so much that i couldnt see it, still don't if I'm honest but hey ho :( i need to get a grip! xx

It's not just your mum who's said you're photogenic is it? - and you SO are! Your latest pic is fantastic! :)

Well done on getting to Day 4 on CD! As of yesterday I rejoined the SS club too. Good innit? ;)

Last edited:
No Sharon I spose not, but still doesnt change how I feel about myself. Am getting there slowly tho!

Well, I have all the side-effects of ketosis - very smelly breath and extremely cold, but unfortunately feeling very hungry and rather weak/slow with it. My brainpower is definitely be affected but I need to stick with it, can't duck out otherwise I'll never get to goal!! Lol

Sharon, saw your diary hun, glad to have you back!!

Thanks for your lovely comment Lydia and to you others (Cat, Lea etc. you know who you are) for keeping me going and encouraging me. Its so helpful to have you behind me!

Still nobody has noticed that I'm not eating... lol!! Love it when no-one suspects, its like a naughty little secret. Funny too as one of my colleagues reckons they're on a diet and keeps going on and on about it, making themselves try to sound like a martyr, and everyones going "oh, i dont know how you do it..." and "oh, we best not eat this round X as they're on a diet". And theres lil old me sitting in the corner not giving anything away while they make a fuss over them and their 'diet' (which, by the way is a joke as they eat crap all day every day)!! Smug? Me? Never! hehe!

The trousers that had got a little bit uncomfortably tight on the last couple of working days last week are now fitting snugly and comfortably again, and am hoping that it won't be long before they start to become loose! :)

xxx

Hi everyone,

Have just been having a browse of other threads and thought I should update my own. Day 7 of CD today and its WI tomorrow morning... can't wait!! However...

I miss WW so much! I miss being able to eat 'normally' and join in with social occasions... I miss being able to have lunch and tea, and the flavours of food. I miss fresh stuff and I miss cooking. I want to come back :(

But I have vowed to do this for as long as I can and I know I have it in me to keep going, I just don't know how long for! Am thinking of going to WW tomorrow as I havent WI for a couple of weeks and my loss will be for 2 weeks, and as I actually gained a couple of lbs before starting CD it will only show up as about 6lbs off, which in 2 weeks is doable. The reason why I want to go is I am pretty sure I will be back on the plan in a few weeks and don't see the point in disappearing off their radar only to reappear and have to explain what's happened... at least if I have only missed one week and lost a bit more than normal I can put it down to illness or something. If I were to be on CD for more than a few weeks I don't think I would keep going as it would be dishonest, but as this is just a very temporary thing I can't see why it would be an issue.

It's a dilemma I have to face but I have found the support at WW invaluable and have learned a lot of stuff there that will be useful to me in maintenance. I dont want to miss out!

xx

Have changed my mind and decided not to go to WW until I come of CD. It wouldn't be fair to the others to think I'm on WW and losing all this weight... it would be a lie and I don't want to lie. Will ask WW to refund my monthly pass instead :)

If you're interested to know how I'm getting on, please visit the CD forum... it's in there!

xx

Back