Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

I am lucky i have ww scales at home and they always seem to be the same as the meeting,how are you doing huni,seems like your doing well

The ones my leader has are fab, I have to admit Id trust them more than mine they must cost an arm and a leg

Sandy, can you find out the brand or type of your leader's scales. Would be prepared to shell out for some accurate ones. My digital bathroom scales give me five different readings if I get on five times in a row. It's ridiculous! Even my CDC's ones can vary. I go to my gym for a little print out on proper ones. I don't always like what they say LOL, but at least they are consistent and reliable.

Sandy, can you find out the brand or type of your leader's scales. Would be prepared to shell out for some accurate ones. My digital bathroom scales give me five different readings if I get on five times in a row. It's ridiculous! Even my CDC's ones can vary. I go to my gym for a little print out on proper ones. I don't always like what they say LOL, but at least they are consistent and reliable.

My scales are Salter ones, they always say the same no matter how many times I get on or off, or even if I move them (not that I've ever done that in the hope I'm lighter on carpet, LOL. :D)

Having said that, they always count me as being 1-2 lbs lighter than WW scales (my dad has some of the WW body fat ones, which say the same as the ones at my WW meeting.)

But having said THAT, mine weighed me at the same weight as my CDCs posh top-of-the-range fancy scales.

x

Hey guys :)

Today has NOT been good :( since I had a piece of birthday cake at lunchtime that turned out to be 10.5 pts. My plan to save my points for tonight's party has gone out the window :(

I had used 1.5pts used up at brekkie, and 2pts at lunch, so figured a small slice wouldn't hurt... how wrong was I!!!?

I then picked at Pringles (worked out 8.5pts) and had a mini pizza when I got in from work (3.5pts). So now I am over my points AND have used up the 3.5 banked, AND am still 2 over. And tonight hasn't even started yet.

I'm planning to drink vodka and diet lemonade and don't intend to drink much so hopefully that'll be ok. Will avoid picking at snacks during the evening but we ARE having dinner together. I guess I could just have a teeeeny tiny bit (a couple of points worth) so I can partake without doing too much more damage, and then bank 4 tomorrow and sunday to make up for it.

Garrrrgh I wish I hadn't gone out for dinner last night and then I wouldn't be in this mess. DAMN harvester's pub menu being so unhealthy :( :( :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Never again.

Hey Hun,
dont punish your self i am like you think a smal piece of cake wont hurt then when i try and work out the points it mega over.
I agree with harvester we got there and not much you can choose from thats low.

Try and claw a few back each day till your wi hun.
Enjoy your weekend xx

ah honey! Its amazing how quickly silly things that you nibble on add up!! I think birthdays should be a night off anyway! The important thing is youve done wonderfully well so far and deserve to celebrate!!
Have a great night!

Awww thanks hun, yeah I guess I should allow myself a night off really as this is my birthday do (even tho my birthday was sept). I gained last week so can probs handle another small one. I'm committed to sticking with WW for the long haul anyway so I guess pushing my progress back a couple of days won't be the end of the world.

xx

Well its your birthday treat and ww is a long term thing so oh yes you can have a nite off and enjoy your self you have done very well so far :)

I agree with Gemma. You can have the odd night off with WW assuming we get back to it the next day. Try not to worry. It'll be fine in the long run. Have a good night!

Thanks for your reassurance guys!

Well I ended up not drinking last night as I felt too guilty :( and it ended up being more of a girly night in front of a good film, which the other girls were more than happy with as they were knackered after a hard week at work. But I worked out my points today and went over yesterday by 15 PLUS the 3.5 I had banked. So I need to try and make it up before Mondays WI. If I save 4 today, 4 tomorrow and 4 Monday, plus I do aquafit on Sunday (even tho I have already used my 12 activity points this week!) which will earn me 2.5, then I have just about made up for it.

Feeling quite down today though. Think I am retaining water again too, so back on the tablets today. Haven't eaten anything yet but have a jacket pot (2pts) cooking and will be able to take the tablets once I have had that. Prepared for last nights inevitable shenanigans and bought stir-fry veg for dinner tonight (1pt). Am quite tempted, altho its naughty, to just try and save all 15 points from last night in one day (today). My logic is that if I ate most of those points in the evening, they should last me into today so I shouldnt need to eat much today!

What do u think??

xxx

Oooh, but on a positive note, I BOOKED OUR HONEYMOON TODAY :D :D :D :D

It's confirmed. So we are definitely going now :) 5* in Egypt, full board, for 10 nights. Can't wait!! Better book it off work now I spose!

xxx

Congrats on booking the honeymoon - sounds lovely!

Try to resist the temptation to pull your points in all at once - it's too easy to lapse into binge and starve mentality x

Ok guys. I have hit rock bottom. Having spoken to my chief bridesmaid loads last night and this morning, I have decided that I need to get a stone and a half off ASAP as I need to be the size I want to be for my wedding before end of Jan/early Feb.

It seems that on WW my losses are fairly slow and erratic at the best of times, and whilst I love being able to eat almost whatever I want, I have begun to get complacent with it (just look at this weekend!!).

I chose to do WW because I wanted a plan I could stick with, long term, and use also in maintenance. And I have found that. But what I have also learned is that it may well be a long time before I get to the size I want to be for my wedding, and the reality is I am working to a 3 month deadline. After that I can lose a little more if I really want but the challenge will be to maintain. I know now that WW would be a great way for me to maintain.

BUT,

I have a strong suspicion that I will NOT be at my target weight in time (at this rate) and I can't risk having to fork out for loads of dress alterations because I ordered a dress that I slimmed out of. I need to be the right size for the dress I order, and for that to happen I need to be at goal by the end of Jan. Which is 3 months away. And at this rate I will probs be at least half a stone off that, which is not good enough.

I need to get this last stone and a half off quickly before I can settle into a slower loss pattern. And the only way I can think to do this is by CD, as I know I can probably have it over and done with by the end of November if I get on with it.

I talked through the options with my chief bridesmaid and we both agreed that the answer for me in my current situation may well be to do CD to get a stone or so off, and then come back to WW in time for Christmas etc. That way I am at goal, I have a maintenance plan I know I love, and I can stop worrying.

I expressed my concern that I would feel tempted to eat on CD, but after talking through this with my friend, I realised that actually I am STILL falling into my old habit of eating when bored or eating for comfort... we looked at my eating patterns and it was very interesting...

Working days:

- eat breakfast (good habit)
- get hungry about 10.30 so have a serial bar (ok habit)
- eat a snack at lunchtime (bad habit, should eat better at lunch)
- get hungry for a snack mid-afternoon (bad habit)
- eat what is usually an unhealthy dinner fairly late at night as I often go to the gym straight after work so don't get round to eating til late, and then I cant be bothered to cook so I eat junk (very bad habit).
- eat a little chocolate before bed (VERY bad habit).

Weekends:

- dont eat breakfast (bad habit)
- graze a little during the day starting about 12/1ish (bad habit)
- eat a junky tea and continue to graze (bad habit)

SO, as you can see, theres a lot of bad habits there. We then looked at how I would deal with overcoming these habits if I were to be on CD....

Working week

- morning, have a shake at breakfast time instead of cereal (good)
- drink when feeling hungry during the day, 1 decaf coffee (good)
- lunch, have a shake (good)
- afternoon, have a decaf coffee
- evening, have a shake when I get back from the gym, then spend some time on myself (do nails, eyebrows, face) or tidying up before bed.

Weekends

- morning, have a shake (good)
- lunch, have a shake
- afternoon, have some jelly
- dinner, have a shake and a low carb meal if need be

When we looked at it, we agreed that for me to stick to CD in the week would actually be rather easy, as my main difficulty is finding the time to eat at the moment, and eating at work is just snacking really wich is a bad habit! We also agreed that at weekends I may need to eat out, in which case I should accept that a small low carb meal every now and again at the weekend is inevitable, and I should expect to do this but only at weekends.

I have 2 weeks worth of CD packs already, which go out of date at the end of Nov, so I need to use them up now if I ever plan to, and this has helped me make the decision. I'm going to move over to CD until I get to 11st.

I have cancelled my WW monthly pass and will start CD on Monday morning so I have a couple of days to use up what's in the fridge. New month, new week, new start for me.

I will do CD for a month, or just over, and then I WILL come back, and that's a firm promise.

xxx

Good luck on CD hon - if you want quick weightloss it's the way to go; although it's worth bearing in mind that there isn't anything wrong with your eating patterns if you can eat in that way and stay in points.

Look forward to seeing back here in a month or so and do pop on regularly and let us know how you're getting on x

Just make sure you don't overdo it with the exercise if you're doing SS/SS+ :)
Might be worth having a (small!) low carb meal on the days you go to the gym.

Good luck! :D

x

Thanks hun, will bear that in mind. Am going to cut down to pilates x1 a week and aquafit x2. Think that should be ok as aqua is 45 mins and I can take it easier if I want to. Pilates is all about the toning and no cardio so should be fine :) may have some chicken or something if I need tho xx

good luck with CD, hope to see you back here maintaining soon :) xxx

Back