Wannabslim's wedding update! It's been a while!

Sorry Taz hun, dont really know about that one, just know where im getting it and the name of the dress lol! No clue about designers me!

Thanks Becky, showed it to my chief bridesmaid and she's really happy with my choice!! So that's good news. AND its one of the cheaper ones, can't believe my luck!

it's amazing!! although i've promised no strapless dresses for my bridesmaids, ha. finding some nice ones with straps that don't cost a fortune is hard though!! and finding a nice wedding dress with straps for me is proving difficult. so many gorgeous strapless ones but i don't want to wear one!! :D

abz xx

Abz, I'm pretty sure mine come with attachable straps... most of them seem to, little spaghetti straps. My dress is strapless though so am happy for them to go strapless too, as long as they don't outshine me! Why don't you want a strapless one? If like me you are worried about your arms, don't forget a long veil hides most of them!!

hehe xx

i'm not bothered about my arms, but i am very top heavy. without something to hold up my boobs i'm going to feel very self conscious and very paranoid about falling out!! i know that it's unlikely but i don't want to fee self conscious all day...

abz xx

Aww hun I felt the same! BUT you do have something to hold you up underneath ya know :D

When i went to try dresses on the put me in this beautiful basque which was underwired, sucked me in and I felt very comfortable and enclosed!!! They were trying to convince me to go without and I said "no way". You should still give it a go! They put me in a 34F, and believe me I NEEDED IT!! I reckon you will be surprised what bridal lingerie can do... also worth bearing in mind that if you get a lace-up dress at the back that holds you in too, so combined with the undies you won't be falling out, trust me!

xx

it's an idea :) i'm not going shopping until christmasish in any case because i'll be thinner in a few months time. i refuse to buy a size 18 wedding dress. hopefully i'll be at least a 16, hopefully a 14 but mid january. my first bridesmaid will be past her chemo and her weight should have stabalised by then and my other bridesmaid will be rather heavily pregnant but there's not an awful lot i can do about that... *sigh* WOMEN!!

abz xx

lol bless ya! Tbh I have no idea what size the dress I'm getting was. Maybe its better that way, not sure! Do you reckon I should ask them next time when I go to buy it? Might be a good motivator but on the other hand might make me feel miserable! xx

if you are happy with the way you look in it why bother? are you getting the size you tried on or are you trying to lose more weight before you buy? you're looking rather fab at the mo hon :)

abz xx

awww thanks lol but i do want to lose at least another stone and a half before the wedding, so looking to buy the next size or 2 down ideally... not sure what to do :( I did feel happy with the way I looked in it apart from my arms which are flabby and need toning big-time! xx

when are you going to order yours? is it about six months we need? i hope that's all because i don't want to go shopping for dresses until i've lost my weight because my boobs probably won't fit in much out there at the mo!!

i'm going to go back to the shop in a few weeks with mum, bridesmaid and future MIL, and ask what they reckon the latest I should order it is. As its a 2008 range dress I expect I would be fine to order before the end of this year, but if they discontinued it for 2009 I need to get in before that! They say ideally 9 months before you should order it though, which for me is 21st Dec.

xxx

dont forget hun, the dresses can be altered to fit you like a glove, its not like high street! and most of the lace-backs are pretty good if you have a large bust as they can be done up tighter towards the waist and looser in the bust area... just go and have a look :) you won't regret it! I was worried before and really now I know there was no need!

xxx

DO IT!!! im tellin ya, you will be surprised. Don't make me come over there and drive you to a blimmin shop!! Cos I will!!

Your bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous, were you out shopping for them or did you see them when you were wedding dress shopping. Its all coming together for you now with the weightloss and wedding.

Excellent,Christmas deadline it is. Book the photographer this month tho hun ok??!

Thanks minime :D ironically they are from the same shop as my dress but I found them after I had been to the store, on their website, as we were only looking at dresses for me while we were at the bridal shop! :) happy days!

Weigh in day tomorrow, lets keep those fingers crossed for another lb off!

xxx

Back