Want to

Will it effect ketosis? Im desperate to get in ketosis to make it bit easier but dont know whether to eat 2 eggs or an extra bar? Just feel need something to get me thru today :( last 2 days ive been fine so feelin a bit of a failure x

I'd really recommend reafing the new atkins diet revolution book. It explains in far more detail about ketosis.

On atkins induction (their equivalent to what we'redoing) you're restricted to 20 net carbs (carbs less fibre) but eggs you can eat in unresticted amounts.

Exante is more like 50g net carbs but then added to a VLCD concept.

I have eaten the odd extra thing and yesterdya having reda up on some atkins forums had a boiled egg (I also have tuna). Neither have and carbs of note in so they are absolutely fine for ketosis. Obviously there's a limit as it's all calories still but an egg will run you 70-80 cals.

As Shanny says if you need to eat something eggs are probably one of the better things; just try not to make a habit to help maximise weight loss

cheers
P

Thanks for that think il check out other forums as i only ever look on exante! I had a boiled egg and some coke zero, i feel soo much better and its helped me on day 3 x

I have been eating 2 x boiled eggs and 130g of tuna after exercising and burning 600+ calories. But I might give the eggs a miss after struggling to get them down last night. Felt like they were stuck in my throat... :sigh:

Back