Wanting a change of career

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I would LOVE to have my own shop its something Ive always wanted since I was little girl!

However, I dont know what kind of shop I would like, where to begin etc etc!

Sorry for the random post, just thinking aloud! xx

Snap! You beat me too - was just going to post something similar as I need to do something with my career!! I don't want to sound like a right princess as I know some people don't have jobs and real struggle, but I just don't know what to do! xx

I'd love to own a jewellery shop, filled with all my own designs.

Most councils have info on this, and I had a flyer the other week for a day where you could go and find all about this, they have them all over the country.They advertise in the local papers.
I fancy a cheese shop, but I would eat all the profits :eek:. Jude's Cheese Emporium!

These are the guys

TheEnterpriseShows.com. Run by Business Link

Last edited:
I feel the same! I do enjoy my job (most of the time) and I know in these times I should be eternely gratefull I am employed but its the same as usual - not paid enough, no respect or thanxs and my job is very hard both physically and mentally (I am a home support carer) and the hours are long etc etc!

I am so ready for change and feel like this is 'my time'(does that make sense?) I have 2 beautiful children who are growing up fast - 6 and 18mths and Im trying to figure out what I want to do becuase they will soon be grown up and I want a 'career' as such.

Hmmmmm.......a lot of thinking is needed now and plans to be made!!

xxxx

We should throw some ideas around - the skills we have etc. and see if we can all find something for each other!! x

Ha ha, fab idea!

I would definatley say that i'm a people person especially in the job I am currently doing! I am a hardworker but not particularly good at maths etc so I dont know how I would manage a shop.

I would say that Im a little creative and a positive person!

Roll up, roll up with your ideas!! (im going back out to work now but will check later for ideas ladies!!!!)

xxx

Thanks goldentouch, but the Gambia's not for me!! Have been there on holiday and didn't really enjoy it :(

I'd be a rubbish traveller, I feel very uncomfortable around poverty :(

(Sorry for hijacking the thread!)

I've always fancied a wool and habery dashery shop - sad innit, LOL....

Me too, I love sewing, knitting & making my own cards. And I think habery dashery (lovely words) shops are a dying trade.

I want to make myself some new clothes for work (all the weight I've lost!) but can only think of one place I can buy material, now if I had my own shop..............

Ha ha, fab idea!

I would definatley say that i'm a people person especially in the job I am currently doing! I am a hardworker but not particularly good at maths etc so I dont know how I would manage a shop.

I would say that Im a little creative and a positive person!

Roll up, roll up with your ideas!! (im going back out to work now but will check later for ideas ladies!!!!)

xxx
Being very bias but you sound as though you have many qualities that are needed to be a teacher :D.

I ALWAYS wanted to be a History teacher- still do. But the manager at my cr***y phone monkey job won't even change my shifts to accommodate an evening course in September. Things at home are pretty tight so I can't leave and go to a part time job. And the jobs that are on the go round here at the minute are telesales/marketing which I just can't do.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

I always wanted to own a bridal shop but can't afford to set up on my own. Have done the next best thing and started a company from home making handcrafted wedding stationery and favours.
I absolutely love it and the overheads are minimal. It's a start anyway!

Go for it!!

Katie x

Wow, theres some fantastic ideas here and it just goes to show what a bit of work and insperation can achieve!

Mite have to have a look into some things and get some ideas! xx

i would LOVE my own cake shop/bakery, and if i could trust myself not to get fat again, i would. I would also jump at the chance to own a bridal shop, but that can be difficult, i met a girl once who set up a bridal store young, but kept selling on dresses less that cost price because she loved making people happy, especially those that could neccisaraly afford the dress they fell in love with. Luckily she realised she wasnt the best 'business' minded person and got out before it all went horrible wrong.
cant go wrong with cake.. everyone loves cake, and i dont think twice about spending £3 on a cupcake if it looks amazing. LOL x

Back