wanting to know a little more

Kes

Gold Member
Hi everyone, i am thinking about trying CD.... but i know pretty much nothing about it... im going to have a good look around at lunch,
but just wanted to say hello, and if anyone could give me some advice..
as you can see from my details, im 5ft 4 and i have about 36lbs to lose until im at my top range of my "healthy bmi"
i wanted to know whats involved, what it is, and what you can and cant have...

if anyone could tell my the fat content of some of the foods that would be brill, as i am currently on dr prescribed meds that only allow you to have a certain amount of fat.. and wanted to see if you could have both...

do you need the dr to sign forms etcc... can you only get the meal replacemnts from a consultant...

sorry for all the questions. if there is one place i can find all the info from brill.. where is it..

thank you in advance.

Hi you won't need to take you xenical if you do the cambridge diet there isn't enough fat in the shakes and other products to absorb. So it would be a waste of nhs money and your prescription having them as they wouldn't work. The best thing you can do is contact a local consultant for more information on the plan itself good luck.

Hi Kes.

You can look at the various steps here:

Cambridge Weight Plan: Programmes (6 Steps)

You can lose the weight on any of the steps. Sole Source is ideal for losing the weight quicker, if you don't mind meal replacement and no "real" food. If you don't think you could do that, then you can do one of the 810, 1000, or 1200 steps.

The fat content can be as little as just 1%, but some products are 10-15%. As already stated though, you would not do Xenical at the same time as Cambridge. A form has to be signed by the Doctor before starting Cambridge, so they would most likely stop prescribing Xenical anyway, as you wouldn't need it.

The Cambridge products are only available from the Consultants.

If there are any more questions, please feel free to ask. Or you could contact your local Consultant:

Cambridge Weight Plan: a flexible range of weight management programmes aimed at both men and women

Back