Warning, Waste of Syns!

Lindam

Silver Member
Brought a small pack of Quorn 'light bites' - 4.5 syns for the whole pack. If they had been delicious I would have been recommending them as a snack. Do not buy them, they are horrible. I had to rinse my mouth out they were that bad and I only had a small bit of one! :eek:

I really dont like any quorn products, i think they all taste horrible even if they are used in a tomatoe sauce or curry etc. i dont like the texture either ewww!

i have just seen these in asda and thought ooooh they look nice!! glad youve said this...wont waste my money!!

I think Quorn is a bit tasteless, not my cup of tea lol! x

my veggie friend always makes her Quorn Chilli and suchlike and leaves it overnight to stand - apparently all the quorny-ness goes and it tastes fab! x

Just a tip there - not sure how true that is though ! x

i love quorn. The whole point is that it takes on the flavour of your herbs and spices, making it absolutely delicious. yum yum

I do love to cook with quorn, so not knocking that at all - just thought these ready to eat snacks would be delicious but they weren't!

Out consultant just syned this in class 20 mins ago and told us it was 1/2 syn for the bag!

I do love Quorn! It is so filling and I think it's really tasty and versatile.

I might avoid these light bites though, shame on quorn if they've got them wrong.

i have just seen these in asda and thought ooooh they look nice!! glad youve said this...wont waste my money!!

I do love Quorn! It is so filling and I think it's really tasty and versatile.

I might avoid these light bites though, shame on quorn if they've got them wrong.

But if you like Quorn why wouldnt you try them just to see, just because one person doesnt like them doesnt mean you wont love them :)

I've got some to try later in the week, spicy version. Must admit it's a tiny bag, not sure how much they'll be full price, but even at £1 (on offer at tesco) bit of a stingy amount!

Ellebear said:
my veggie friend always makes her Quorn Chilli and suchlike and leaves it overnight to stand - apparently all the quorny-ness goes and it tastes fab! x

Just a tip there - not sure how true that is though ! x

Yeah it's true chilli tastes much better the day after :)

ooo i might try them anyway i love quorn, i hardly eat meat now as its easier to have free quorn lol

are the 1/2 a syn a bag or 4 1/2 though

I put the values into the syn calculator on line - and got 4.5. Maybe I did them wrong.... anyway makes no difference as won't be having them again even at 0.5!

Im afraid Im a bit of a Quorn fan. I add them in lots of Curries, and Tomato Based pasta dishes- and my boyfriend often is fooled into thinking he is eating meat- and that is from a big Steak guy :)

Back