Water Allowance

sarcywid

Im New:D. Day 1 and think Ive done pretty good. I am concerned I will go over my water allowance though. Its says in the literature that you should not exceed 3.5ltr of water and Im about to hit that (I am a big drinker). What will happen if I go over? will it slow weight loss?

Would appreciate any help.

Hi,

You can drink as much as you like really. I drink between 4 and 6 litres a day. I find that I lose more weight around the 4 litres. I think (from memory) in the book it says something like you will see no benefit from drinking more than 3.5 litres. Don't go too mad on water though as your kidneys/liver can overwork. As long as you are going to the loo regularly as well as that's what speeds the weight loss for me... 10 little wees are better than one big one! Also, I drink that much to stop any constipation too. If I drank 3.5, I would never go to the toilet! (I am on Cambridge by the way) hope this helps!

Im New:D. Day 1 and think Ive done pretty good. I am concerned I will go over my water allowance though. Its says in the literature that you should not exceed 3.5ltr of water and Im about to hit that (I am a big drinker). What will happen if I go over? will it slow weight loss?

Would appreciate any help.

Not a problem. Your body will dispose of any extra water you might drink. If you drink way too much (like there's no space left in your stomach), then you might vomit.

Thomas23 said:
Not a problem. Your body will dispose of any extra water you might drink. If you drink way too much (like there's no space left in your stomach), then you might vomit.

Not true. If you drink way too much you could die. However, 6-7 litres spread throughout the day is fine. Drinking lots in a short period of time is very dangerous.

I regularly drink 4L or more, spaced out over the day. As long as you space it out it should be fine, there was a woman who died downing 4L in one go, which is where the warning comes from.

The women who died and cast a shadow over VLCD's downed litres and litres at once. It causes the potassium or sodium cant quite remember......in the nervous system to become diluted and this is how the synapses and nerve cells speak to one another. To be fair if a non dieter drank this much at once they might have died too! I drink at least 6 litres a day in fluids and i've always felt healthy on VLCDs. Hope that once again reassures you that what your doing is fine :)

Back