Water Challenge!

Tanners thats brill!!! Go for it hun!
Completed it yesterday too, ive started today with flavoured fizzy water for my first litre, got a little bored so i thought id spoil myself! lol

Lozz 2/7
TBSX 1/7
Dale 0/7
Pretti77 0/7
Bluesunflower 0/7
Welshkaz39 1/7
Tanners 17

Lozz 2/7
TBSX 1/7
Dale 0/7
Pretti77 0/7
Bluesunflower 0/7
Welshkaz39 3/7
Tanners 17

waters going down easily now ive got the flavourings which i vary with sparkling and tap even caught my hubby having a glass of tangoish water lol tut tut.

Ooo I couldnt find this thread yesterday to update, sorry. Back now with a couple of days to add onto it I managed the 5 litres again, but OMG I feel like I cant move for water.I swear if my loss is 3lb next week I am dropping the water back down to 4litres which is my norm!!

Updated below & well done everyone. xx

Lozz 2/7
TBSX 3/7
Dale 0/7
Pretti77 0/7
Bluesunflower 0/7
Welshkaz39 3/7
Tanners 17

I didn't manage 4 yesterday. The more u drink the worse I seem to feel - strange!!!
Will try again today!!

I kinda agree I felt weird, constantly bloated and really strange but woke up this morning with a mouth like a sewer, which I believe is down to dehydration. I am wondering if years of negelecting to give my body the fluids, particularly water is why I feel pants with it. xx

Lozz 2/7
TBSX 1/7
Dale 2/7
Pretti77 0/7
Bluesunflower 0/7
Welshkaz39 3/7
Tanners 17

Zing! 2 days, 10 litres. I tend to manage the morning much better than the afternoon, when it all becomes a bit much. Mornings I am chucking it back but also racing to the loo so have to be careful to time my shakes carefully around meetings... First shake plus 1.5l this morning so day3 is on!

So... I was talking to my LLC about the water deal... as have now deduced it makes no difference to my weight loss, if I drink 2lts or 6lts! Lol...

She explained that it really does depend on the individual, and one of the reasons they reduced the required amount on LL, from 4lts, to 2.25 lts, is because it was proven that you get the same benefit from both! :confused:

Now, I know some people swear by drinking larger amounts... so this stumped me a bit!

I did question it, as although it doesn't help me to drink more, I know it does for some people! And her response was that it can help some people, but it can also inhibit some people... i.e. drinking more could actually slow down your weight loss! :eek:

Anyway... based on that, I'd say just listen to your bodies girlies... more is not always better, and if you're feeling a bit crap, or bloated, it might be your just having a little too much for you body... :sigh:

We are all desperate to speed up our losses as much as possible... but we shouldn't let our pursuit of this make us ignore any signs that it may not be right for our bods...

Right, lecture over! Hehe...

Actually, it's not meant to be a lecture at all, obviously... Just having found that it makes no difference to me, has made me think... and wanted to share with you... :)

Hope that's ok...

I still agree you should carry on for a few days, so you can see if it helps your losses... I did it for numerous weeks, different amounts each week... which helped me learn about what's good for me... so would defo recommend doing that anyway... :D

xx

Reading all this is very inspiring as ive constantly heard that the more water you drink the better your weight loss. However like pinkie ive found no benifit in drinking more. The first week i upped my water i had a great 5lb weight loss but i continued with this and have since fallen into 3lbs a week. Which ive come to accept. This week i decided i would drink more water to see if that helped but its not right for me. Im best on about 3ltrs a day with a couple of tea's throughout the day which tips it over a little. But any more than this and my belly feels rock hard and i dont feel comfortable at all.
Its def working out what is best for you however. I wouldnt recomend forcing water down if you dont feel confortable drinking it and definatly dont down it that really isnt any good and actually not any point as it wont help with weight loss.
Hope this little challenge shows people what the right amount for them is tho. Keep it up girlies your doing so well

x

I feel quite bloated I have to say.... :jelous:

I felt really thirsty yesterday and drank drank, drank, I had my best friend over who I havent seen for a while, so seemed to have replace the vino for water!

When she had gone I had realised I had consumed 3 litres in 3 hours plus the 2 litres i drank in the day as well as teas, coffees and packs :9529:...

Struggling a little today, not going to force it down if I think I need it i'll drink it if not then ... oh well!

I feel like ive put weight on.....
My LLC is always encouraging more water... :doh:

Lozz 3/7
TBSX 3/7
Dale 2/7
Pretti77 0/7
Bluesunflower 0/7
Welshkaz39 3/7
Tanners 17

I feel heavier with a belly full of water as well its not a nice feeling really. Its like ive eaten a big greesy burger or something...Only upside is at least i dont feel like eating haha x

A litre of water weighs 2lbs too... so, drinking 5 or 6 ltrs is 10 or 12lbs!! :eek:

So... if you don't pee it out as quick as you drink it, then I guess it would make you feel kinda heavy and lethargic... Reckon you're peeing out each litre before you drink the rest? I know I'm peeing all the time, but it doesn't feel like I pee out as much as I drink... If that makes sense?! Lol... :rolleyes:

xx

Yes it makes complete sense! I feel the same way!

I had no idea water weighed so much (shock horror) I've had two litres so far plus packs and teas, but have pee'd for England... I should think so after all of the water I had yesterday!

I'm soo over the water debate now... My LLC encourages water but also tells you to listen to your body.... So if i listen to my body and only drink 3 litres its not enough....STRESS!!!!

I'm drinking to thirst, was putting too much pressure on drinking 4 litres! But my body didn't want it!!

Last time I was told about 2 litres is fine and my LLC said to drink what feels right for me.

As long as we drink enough to stop our bodies from panicking and going in to famine mode then we will b fine!!

As most of u have noticed it makes no difference to our weight loss!!

Xx

Honestly girls. Don't stress! It actually does not make any difference whatsoever if you drink 3,4,5 or 6 litres per day!
I've never been a big water drinker on average knocking down 2 maybe 3l. I was still losing 4-5 lbs per week. Our bodies are clever machines. They will adjust their water % to whatever is required.
There are bad side effects to both actually. Too much and too little. Too much and you're risking hyper-hydration, too little and you're retaining liquid.
Honestly. The best advice is to listen to your body. Don't force yourself. Drink little and often. 1l in half an hour is a lot for your body to handle at once. I have a 2l bottle at work and sip on it throughout the day. I usually refill it once but never actually finishing the second topup. So that's more or less 3l with water for shakes tea coffee etc on top.
Works for me. X

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Last edited:
Everyone is different. Just find what suits you individually.

I agree with the comments on here around water. I think its easy to get caught in the trap of wanting higher and higher weight losses and will do anything to encourage that loss.

Prior to LL I was drinking absolutely no water, since starting I have comfortably sat around the 4 litres mark plus packs, that is constantly with a drink in my hand. I joined this water challenge because losing 3lb a week is going to affect my long term plan and where I want to get to by a certain date. I have for the past few days now been drinking 5 litres, but not enjoying it at all in fact the last litre is completely forced and makes me feel sick and bloated. Decisions, decisions!! xx

Bla bla bla on the water front, thats how I feel today (mardy/miserable)
I did manage four litres yesterday and drank to thirst, i'm on the motorway for most of today so wont be drinking too much...

Keep smiling beautiful xxxx

I will defo try TBSX! thanks doll! xxx ;)

Lozz... Your losses are great at 3lbs... And you're consistent... it's gonna take me longer than planned too, but this loss is for life, so few extra weeks or a month is very little in the grand scheme of things! Keep smiling as your weight is getting lower & lower as we speak! How exciting is that?! Woohoooo!! :D

;) xx

Back