Water - Filters?

scotwannabethin

Back to the grindstone!!
Hiya Folks,
I buy water in bulk as my tap water has a very earthy taste to it and is pretty awful.
My question is this.
I see water filter jugs advertised and I wonder if anyone has tried this instead of buying bottles of water?
Will it remove the taste I get on my water do you think?? I am in a soft water area by the way.
I wouldn't mind forking out for a jug if I thought it would work and I could just use tap water and buy filters every now and again!!
Save me a fortune in the long run!!!
:D

I live in a hard-water area... and I have a BRITA water filter but to be honest, its only handy if you're at home. I tend to buy multipacks of 500ml bottles of water so I can take them out with me etc, but the filter is good for when I'm at home. It doesn't seem to change the taste, but then I don't think my tap water tastes like anything weird anyway :rolleyes: water is hardly the tastiest thing in the world!! ;)

Get one, but you'll be surprised... I think the filters need changing after a certain number of litres run through it, (my mum does mine so i dont know!) so if you use it for all of your daily intake, you could end up spending a fortune on filters rather than bottles of water!

I've got a water filter/cooler thing that you plug into the mains. The make is 'Solartronic' and I bought it reconditioned off ebay, although I'm not sure you can still buy them. I love it, and refill my empty volvic/evian bottles every day before I go out.

The one I have takes the old style filters rather than the new Maxtra ones, which are much cheaper when you buy the supermarket's own brand.

We live in a hard water area, and I think you can taste the difference, although if I keep the filtered water in a bottle for a few days it definately loses it fresh taste, even after being filtered.

I've also found that since having it my son only drinks water now, so it saves me a fortune on squash as well!

i have a brita maxi thing, you change the filter once a month, tesco have had them filters on offer so have stocked up on them. You can get a cheaper one with cheaper filters though. It is still cheaper than bottled, unless you go for the tesco value at about 17p per bottle.
i have never liked tap water as it has a funny smell and taste to it (no matter where I have lived) but the brita takes it away.
You can also refill your bottles to take to out.
I am glad I have got mine.

I use tap water, but I think most of ours comes off the fell with little treatment. In fact, I think mineral water tastes funny now - almost like it is 'thicker' than water?!

I have a Brita filter jug in the fridge at all times and use that for my water for shakes and general drinking water.

It tastes much nicer than tap water IMHO.

I also have Britta water filter jug which is special for the fridge door. It also has like a indicator on top to tell you when it needs changing.

I also buy bulk tesco sparkling water 17p a litre and use my flavourings really nice.:)

I use filtered water in the kettle (very hard water here) but nobody in the family likes the taste when we use it to drink cold. The cat loves it though...

Hiya Folks,
I buy water in bulk as my tap water has a very earthy taste to it and is pretty awful.
My question is this.
I see water filter jugs advertised and I wonder if anyone has tried this instead of buying bottles of water?
Will it remove the taste I get on my water do you think?? I am in a soft water area by the way.
I wouldn't mind forking out for a jug if I thought it would work and I could just use tap water and buy filters every now and again!!
Save me a fortune in the long run!!!
:D

I can't srink tap water as it makes me wanna puke.

I use water filters , but I find the Asda water filters give the best tasting water ..... trust me :cool:

Back