• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Water - Filters?

scotwannabethin

Back to the grindstone!!
S: 16st9lb C: 16st4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 43.1 Loss: 0st5lb(2.15%)
Hiya Folks,
I buy water in bulk as my tap water has a very earthy taste to it and is pretty awful.
My question is this.
I see water filter jugs advertised and I wonder if anyone has tried this instead of buying bottles of water?
Will it remove the taste I get on my water do you think?? I am in a soft water area by the way.
I wouldn't mind forking out for a jug if I thought it would work and I could just use tap water and buy filters every now and again!!
Save me a fortune in the long run!!!
:D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 24st0lb C: 24st0lb G: 18st0lb BMI: 43.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I live in a hard-water area... and I have a BRITA water filter but to be honest, its only handy if you're at home. I tend to buy multipacks of 500ml bottles of water so I can take them out with me etc, but the filter is good for when I'm at home. It doesn't seem to change the taste, but then I don't think my tap water tastes like anything weird anyway :rolleyes: water is hardly the tastiest thing in the world!! ;)

Get one, but you'll be surprised... I think the filters need changing after a certain number of litres run through it, (my mum does mine so i dont know!) so if you use it for all of your daily intake, you could end up spending a fortune on filters rather than bottles of water!

I've got a water filter/cooler thing that you plug into the mains. The make is 'Solartronic' and I bought it reconditioned off ebay, although I'm not sure you can still buy them. I love it, and refill my empty volvic/evian bottles every day before I go out.

The one I have takes the old style filters rather than the new Maxtra ones, which are much cheaper when you buy the supermarket's own brand.

We live in a hard water area, and I think you can taste the difference, although if I keep the filtered water in a bottle for a few days it definately loses it fresh taste, even after being filtered.

I've also found that since having it my son only drinks water now, so it saves me a fortune on squash as well!

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
S: 16st7lb C: 16st7lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
i have a brita maxi thing, you change the filter once a month, tesco have had them filters on offer so have stocked up on them. You can get a cheaper one with cheaper filters though. It is still cheaper than bottled, unless you go for the tesco value at about 17p per bottle.
i have never liked tap water as it has a funny smell and taste to it (no matter where I have lived) but the brita takes it away.
You can also refill your bottles to take to out.
I am glad I have got mine.

Deb G

Silver Member
S: 13st10lb C: 13st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.56%)
I use tap water, but I think most of ours comes off the fell with little treatment. In fact, I think mineral water tastes funny now - almost like it is 'thicker' than water?!

I also have Britta water filter jug which is special for the fridge door. It also has like a indicator on top to tell you when it needs changing.

I also buy bulk tesco sparkling water 17p a litre and use my flavourings really nice.:)

Hiya Folks,
I buy water in bulk as my tap water has a very earthy taste to it and is pretty awful.
My question is this.
I see water filter jugs advertised and I wonder if anyone has tried this instead of buying bottles of water?
Will it remove the taste I get on my water do you think?? I am in a soft water area by the way.
I wouldn't mind forking out for a jug if I thought it would work and I could just use tap water and buy filters every now and again!!
Save me a fortune in the long run!!!
:D
I can't srink tap water as it makes me wanna puke.

I use water filters , but I find the Asda water filters give the best tasting water ..... trust me :cool: