Water/Fluid Challenge

Alia

Silver Member
Hi Guys

Recently I've been reading alot that not drinking enough can affect your weightloss.

I for one am totally guilty of it - can go all day with hardly drinking anything, maybe a coffee in the morning and half a can of pepsi max or something.

Thought it might be a good idea if we set our selves a challenge to increase our fluid intake and see if it helps us all with our weightloss.

I'd like to start and say that for a start I will aim to intake 1.5 litres of water/sf juice a day :D

Be prepared to wee like a racehorse though! Everything i drink goes straight through (tmi i know!) esp. water, so save the drinking for when you know you won't have to be away from a loo!

Be prepared to wee like a racehorse though! Everything i drink goes straight through (tmi i know!) esp. water, so save the drinking for when you know you won't have to be away from a loo!

I have that trouble now without drinking all that fluid, think it's cause of all the fruit and veg that I drink, not sure I could handle being on the loo even more lol

Im always being told off for not drinking enough especially at work (mostly by my mum and im 36!!) I bought a cheap water filter jug from asda and now every morning i fill it up and vow to drink it all by the time i leave. some days are really hard to drink it all plus the bathroom is up a long corridor so you cant leave it to the last minute.

at the weekend I have an old 4 pint milk bottle fill it with water and either lemon slices or mint and ginger and leave it over night.

It might not be too noticeable difference then perhaps, no harm in trying?

Just wanted to warn you, don't do it if you're going on a long walk away from a bathroom! :gen157:

hi alia, i realized that i wasn't drinking enough and i thought i was so i upped my fluids and on my first week of drinking like a fish;) i lost 4lbs, i also joined in on the water challenge on here. when i look at what i'm drinking now i know that i haven't been drinking enough.:)
x

I'm going to aim for 2 litres a day. My gain today is hopefully down to not drinking enough (guilty as charged by far!!!) and if not, then I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

Good luck and I hope that our losses will be spectacular this week :)

HI, can I join in too please?

This is my first week of SW, so only my second day but I only managed a litre of water yesterday. My problem is that I was drinking maybe 4 or 5 coffees a day, unfortunately they were about 50% whole milk and 2 sugars in each :eek:

I am really really missing those coffees but I didnt replace that liquid yesterday with just water. I dont like SF squash as I cant stand the taste of artificial sweetner/get headaches - I should say my other love is/was normal Ribena and I am going to find it hard to cope with just water!

So today my aim is 1.5L, I have a 1.5L bottle with me at work today and aim to drink most of that before I leave...... that is the plan anyway!

I have a kidney condition so have to drink 2l of water a day which I manage with the help of NAS squash in work, however when I am at home it is a different matter. I agree with the peeing like a racehorse though, I am so glad that the ladies are just round the corner from my office as I would have to get a portaloo installed otherwise ;)

I've got my 2L bottle of water next to me as we speak!
Don't actually like water unless I'm exercising so I've added sugarfree juice to it ;)

I have started drinking the Volvic Touch of Strawberry flavour.. I don't particularly like water but I have drunk 2l of it in the last 2 days. The sugar free ones are free and lovely, there is also a lemon and lime and a blackcurrent but havent found the sugar free one of that.
Volvic Mineral Water, Touch of Fruit, Sugar Free, all varieties per 100ml

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Have already had 1.5L of water today - before breakfast while jogging, with breakfast, before lunch while doing an abs workout, and with lunch... Been pee pee about 4 times so far, and I'm glad! Although, I have a bad tummy too :( Maybe the combination of flushing out both my systems :)o) will contribute towards a nice loss for me this week :)

Thanks Alia, for this post. It will remind me to drink more every day! xxx

I did this for 2 weeks.. 1.5 litres of water a day! & I really couldn't stop weeing, although it does get better!! I did it the week before joining SW and my first week of SW. I lost 6 and a half pounds in my first week and I think that the water drinking probably helped quite a lot. I REALLY need to do it again. So the challenge sounds good to me! I will start tomorrow :) x

Do you think tea and coffee contribute to fluid intake? Or as they contain caffeine they aren't advisable? I drink water as well (i need large amounts or i get problems) but my intake has slipped recently, so i'm on this challenge. Had 750 ml so far and about to walk to the water fountain to fill up my bottle.

4-5 litres of water is a huge amount, not sure I could even do half of that.

I've failed miserably on the challenge so far today simply cause I knew I had to go out and it was to an award ceremony at school and did n't fancy having to keep nipping out to the loo.

I've got my 1.5 litre bottle of evian next to me and I aim to drink it before 7pm - if the water does n't help me lose weight then getting up to the loo every 2 minutes should!! :p:p:p

Do you think tea and coffee contribute to fluid intake? Or as they contain caffeine they aren't advisable? I drink water as well (i need large amounts or i get problems) but my intake has slipped recently, so i'm on this challenge. Had 750 ml so far and about to walk to the water fountain to fill up my bottle.

Hi Zombie - I count my tea and coffee as fluid intake. I don't drink alot at the most 2 cups of coffee a day and one milky coffee but I think it all counts.

I drank my 1.5l jug of water at work and wished i left the office a few minutes early to go to the bathroom nearly had to run up the corridor, its too far away from the office and was a nightmare when i had cystitis ages ago!

Back