Water/Ketosis/Menthol Cigarettes

kered

Gold Member
Hi, I sent an email to lipotrim as I am on day 3 and not yet in ketosis. (Just bought the sticks).

I sent an email asking if smoking menthol cigarettes would stop me going into ketosis, and I explained I was averaging 3-4 litres of water a day, plus teas/coffees and shakes.

This is the reply they sent to me.

"The cigarettes will have no effect. You are drinking too much, probably diluting your ketones. Cut back a bit on the water and you should be ok by Monday."

Roll on Monday I say :8855:

Good luck babe!

Thanks Rainbow. I just thought that it was strange that the water would dilute it so much it would keep you out of ketosis. Thats it for me, cutting right back on the water now.

hmm thats interesting coz i think the majority of people are drinking like 3-4 litres!... personally i drink max 2litres and when im in ketosis the stick shows a dark purple colour.. ! but dont know what'd happen if i drank more. thanx for the info.. im always pleased when i find out i dont have to drink more water :p

I suppose with my water and cuppas, that takes it to near 5 litres, so I will try and lay off the water a little. Already drank 2 litres today and had about 5 hot drinks.

Hi, I sent an email to lipotrim as I am on day 3 and not yet in ketosis. (Just bought the sticks).

I sent an email asking if smoking menthol cigarettes would stop me going into ketosis, and I explained I was averaging 3-4 litres of water a day, plus teas/coffees and shakes.

This is the reply they sent to me.

"The cigarettes will have no effect. You are drinking too much, probably diluting your ketones. Cut back a bit on the water and you should be ok by Monday."

Roll on Monday I say :8855:

But there will be no difference as far as ketosis goes.

Ketosis is a state where you have ketones in your blood, not necessarily in your urine. The stix show positive when there is an overflow in the urine. If there's no overflow, you can still be in ketosis.

If you drink lots, the overflow (if you have it) may become diluted, and so not show on the stix. You should still be in ketosis if you are doing the diet correctly.

More or less water wont make any difference to your ketogenic state, only what you read on the stix.

So I would imagine lipotrim suggest drinking less, just so you can get a positive recording, rather than to help with ketosis.

omg i smoke mentol cigars too and i've never tought that it could mess with ketosis..but yeey it doesn't!
you just made my day kered :D

But there will be no difference as far as ketosis goes.

Ketosis is a state where you have ketones in your blood, not necessarily in your urine. The stix show positive when there is an overflow in the urine. If there's no overflow, you can still be in ketosis.

If you drink lots, the overflow (if you have it) may become diluted, and so not show on the stix. You should still be in ketosis if you are doing the diet correctly.

More or less water wont make any difference to your ketogenic state, only what you read on the stix.

So I would imagine lipotrim suggest drinking less, just so you can get a positive recording, rather than to help with ketosis.

Thanks for clarifying that, it does make sense what you are saying. Just a pity that lipotrim who take the money off us each week cant make things clearer instead of just a 1 line email.
Thanks again.

Oh btw, my stix tonight are showing in the middle of the 2 palest pinks tonight, so I think I am getting there.
Not going to get obsessed by the stix though as I do feel great within myself.

Some people take way longer to get into Ketosis. I was in it by day 2 this time but my mate who started just after me, is on day five now and still feeling a bit hungry and has a headache AND, she is drinking about the same water intake as i am (Im barely managing 2litres a day).

I also smoke Menthol cigarettes and had'nt actually considered the 'mint' in them! Glad to hear that im not gonna hav to start on normal cigs......

As long as the sticks change colour even slightly you are in ketosis :D:D .The darker they are is an indacation of dehydration not been more in ketosis so pale pink is good as you are drinking plenty of water dark pink/purple you need more water xx

Water & menthols got me through 4 months of TFR :D It's a winning combination :D

Aww i feel left out lol, I gave up smoking a year ago when i found i was pregnant. My partner still smokes but i make him go outside cos its unfair on baby, my lil sis smokes menthol (bliss) and i often still crave a ciggy, suppose its something to do when hunger pains kick in :)

As long as the sticks change colour even slightly you are in ketosis :D:D .The darker they are is an indacation of dehydration not been more in ketosis so pale pink is good as you are drinking plenty of water dark pink/purple you need more water xx

Thanks Mandy, that was very helpful.

Oh well I am definitely in ketosis then as I am in between the 2 palest pink colours this morning.
I dont have the bad breath though, am I just lucky or doesnt everyone have the bad breath?

Yea I haven't got the bad breath yet, on day 5 which worries me, I'm getting pale pink on the ketostix too...

You are definitely in ketosis hun, and dont worry about the bad breath, I didnt have it for a while and it still comes and goes. Now I get the furry tongue, thank goodness for toothbrushes.

Thanks Kered, if I do half as well as you have I'll be delighted!!! WI on Saturday, so we shall see if all this starvation has been worth it!!!!!!!!

You will be surprised how much motivation and determination you will get after your first WI, it will keep you going. Well done on your first week, you are doing brilliantly.

Back