Water retention after pregnancy!!!!

SJH1985

Hello everyone :) I'm back after having my baby boy, he's nearly 8 weeks old and I've been back at WW for 4 weeks and I've only lost 4lbs in total......got another 31lbs to go so it's gonna be a hard slog at this rate!

I'm not breast feeding and I had an emergency c-section, my son came 7 weeks early and we spent 3 weeks in the NICU and then the Special Care Unit but he's now doing fab, I had horrendous swollen feet, ankles and calves immediately after having him and they have gone down but I'm still finding that my feet swell up in the evenings and can be quite sore, I put this down to being 2 1/2 stone overweight but my WW leader mentioned tonight that it could still be fluid retention??? Any thoughts/ideas/tips???

Feeling frustrated that it's coming off so slowly but I know I have to give my body time, I'm back exercising and I'm back on the contraceptive pill, just hoping my hormones are getting back to normal as I'm finding it hard to stay motivated when I'm trying so hard but not losing much :-(

Any advice/tips from anyone with similar experiences would be much appreciated!

4lbs down, 31lbs to go, eeeeek! Xxxx

Hi there

After I had my little girl I found my weight loss to be so slow at first. I was doing the cambridge plan and that was not giving me the losses I had seen pre baby in the past. My consultant said it was due to hormones! Not sure how true that is but it did pick up after a while. I thought I was never going to get anywhere but lost 2 stone and went onto ww as it was just too much with a baby to look after. I think it takes a very long time for your body to start getting back to normal after pregnancy but the weight loss does start to pick up or at least it did for me xxx

Hi there After I had my little girl I found my weight loss to be so slow at first. I was doing the cambridge plan and that was not giving me the losses I had seen pre baby in the past. My consultant said it was due to hormones! Not sure how true that is but it did pick up after a while. I thought I was never going to get anywhere but lost 2 stone and went onto ww as it was just too much with a baby to look after. I think it takes a very long time for your body to start getting back to normal after pregnancy but the weight loss does start to pick up or at least it did for me xxx

Hi there, thanks for your reply, it's nice to know it's not just me who has struggled! Think maybe my expectations have been too high as I thought I'd be able to lose like I did before having my son! Soooo not the case! How long did it take you to lose two stone? Xxx

I can't remember exactly but I know it came of slow for a while compared to the big losses I have had on cambridge before. I think it was around 8 weeks but I was very heavy and cambridge is pretty hard core. Had my baby December 2012 and I started dieting end of Feb 2013. I got down to 9 stone 7 by Dec 2013! After messing around this summer and enjoying myself too much I am now 10 stone 4 so hopefully ww will get me back down for this Christmas lol. Good luck and it will come off xx

Well I have only second hand experience as I haven't had a baby but from what my older sister has said it hasn't been easy for her either. She was always fairly slender and claims she eat well during her pregnancy and after her daughter was born and is struggling to shift about a stone. I think it probably does take at least a few months before your body starts to get back to normality - think of all the things its been though.

Back