water shortage

pticouk

Just wondered if theres any LighterLifer's who have been hit by the weather and now don't have water and how you're handling LL?

To be honest I expect if there are any then you've got other things to do that come on here but I was just thinking about this morning!

Helen

Had the same thought after seeing the supermarkets rationing bottled water.

My thoughts are with all of those who really are suffering this rotten, miserable, flooded summer. I know I have grumbled about the cold and wet, but no floods here thank goodness.

All the best!

I know there are a couple of people in the Cheltenham area. My parents live in Gloucestershire and they are fine - but their local Tesco has had all of its bottled water sequestered by the water company!

Well I'm not experiencing a water shortage but thought I'd share my own personal flood story...
I got stuck in the floods in London last week and was carried - yes - carried across the road by a boy who quite simply couldn't wait to throw me over his shoulder!! :D Seriously. I had the most inappropriate (read as 'fabulous') shoes on you could imagine, and was up to my knees in water. My skinny jeans (yes - skinny:D) were plastered on!
I'm not sure he would've been so keen to have attempted to throw me over his shoulder had I not been 6st lighter :D :D :D

Well I'm not experiencing a water shortage but thought I'd share my own personal flood story...
I got stuck in the floods in London last week and was carried - yes - carried across the road by a boy who quite simply couldn't wait to throw me over his shoulder!! :D Seriously. I had the most inappropriate (read as 'fabulous') shoes on you could imagine, and was up to my knees in water. My skinny jeans (yes - skinny:D) were plastered on!
I'm not sure he would've been so keen to have attempted to throw me over his shoulder had I not been 6st lighter :D :D :D

Ha, ha that's a great story Tiger Girl, I hope he was good looking too :D

Seriously though must be a nightmare for everyone suffering as a result of the floods whether through flooding itself or water shortage or no electricity, what a horrible nightmare to be dealing with, and no real let up on the weather either. When will it all end, will we ever get any kind of summer this year?

Ha, ha that's a great story Tiger Girl, I hope he was good looking too :D

Seriously though must be a nightmare for everyone suffering as a result of the floods whether through flooding itself or water shortage or no electricity, what a horrible nightmare to be dealing with, and no real let up on the weather either. When will it all end, will we ever get any kind of summer this year?

Had them same conversation with my Dad to day. I live in Weymouth, a seaside resort and I feel so sorry for all those souls who have booked to come here for their Summer break right now. There are a lot of campsite around as well as hotels & B&Bs, and I was chatting to a sales assistant in a clothes store this week. She said she had lost count of the number of folks coming in for extra clothes as their own were so sodden! I really feel for them.

Also, when the weather is good there is always the beach, but boy does it get pricey when you have to pay for indoor entertainment as well. Its raining again now, just for a change. Briefly sunny here yesterday, but dank and damp now.....:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

It feels so Autumnal, but not even Christmas to look forward to yet...:(:sigh::(

Back