Water Water and More Water

ziggy

Hi Everyone!
Im posting so much on here it feels im very sorry i dont want to seem like a pest. But im having a bit of troubles with my water intake, im drinking about 3 litres a day and was wondering is this enough? I have a hell of alot of weight to loose and wanted to make sure that my water consumption is enough in comparison.

Is this the correct amount or should i drink more, im perfectly happy with drinking alot of water. But i have heard the stories of if i drink too much i can 'flood'myself etc etc.

Is it true that too much water can really harm you? or are people putting the spooks up me for no reason?

Sorry about the waffel!

Ziggy x:)

I had 6 litres a day for 14 weeks and I never 'flooded' :D

3 litres is certainly not too much imo, if anything it's not enough. As long as you aren't drinking really excessive amounts you have nothing to worry about.

well if you drank 6 litres then i will too!! :) with my water i like having a definate figure that i target myself at daily.

I will be widdelling like a race horse!!! I thought it wasnt enough as on the first few days i was on the loo all the time, and now im not on much at all.. too much information i know!! sorry guys

I had 6 litres a day for 14 weeks and I never 'flooded' :D

3 litres is certainly not too much imo, if anything it's not enough. As long as you aren't drinking really excessive amounts you have nothing to worry about.

Firstly, you've done fantastiaclly in terms of weight loss. However didn't you end up sitting on the loo 24/7 with that amount of intake?! :eek: I've struggled with excessive toilet use with 3 litres (but still aim for three as a minimum)!!! Does your body get used to it?

Cheers:)

as for flooding yourself..yes it can happen. You can flush out all the good in your body too, guidelines recommend 8 glasses a day..however the amount you drink also depends on your size. I have read that it is 15ml per lb of weight..for me that worked out 3.6 litres! I aim for 3 -4 a day as I have read that the more you drink, the more weight you can lose (due to how certain organs in the body are working) however, I think one must be sensible!

Hi Ziggy

The more you drink the more you lose but according to LighterLife guidelines, you shouldn't drink any more than 7 litres a day.

It might be a good idea to increase your water intake gradually so aim for 4 litres next week and 5 the week after. so your body gets time to adjust to the increase.

Good Luck! :)

im on week 8 and have always drunk 4ltrs, but i am so cold i have knocked it down to 3ltrs, only time will tell with my weigh in's.

I've always drunk between 5-7 litres a day whilst SSing - I'm 5'7" - and have been absolutely fine. I think that for me, 8+litres would be way too much but I've read somewhere that you can drink up to 10litres with no ill-effects (depending on your height and weight!!).

as for flooding yourself..yes it can happen. You can flush out all the good in your body too, guidelines recommend 8 glasses a day..however the amount you drink also depends on your size. I have read that it is 15ml per lb of weight..for me that worked out 3.6 litres! I aim for 3 -4 a day as I have read that the more you drink, the more weight you can lose (due to how certain organs in the body are working) however, I think one must be sensible!

That's very interesting! That means I need to aim for around 4.25 litres.

Thanks for that!

You see this all still confuses me
With Cd I drank 2 1/4 litres a day and lost 3-4lbs per week.
Im on LL and have to drink 4 litres and last week is my 1st real weekly loss as the 1st 2 weeks are always more and I lost 3lbs?
I dont know if double the amount makes it go faster it hasnt for me and if my weigh-in tomorrow is like this mornings weight then I dont see the extra water getting it off quicker as it hasnt~~its much slower:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ????
I also feel the diet is hard anyway without the extra pressure to drink 5-6 litres of water a day?

Dont shoot me :eek: ;) xxc

Back