Water...!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Lisamac30, 20 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    I have been doing some research into why it's so important to drink lots of water relating to weight loss and I am so shocked by what I found out!

I should be drinking 7 litres of water per day in order for the bad retained water around my body (ie, ancles, hips, thighs and tummy) to be flushed out, to hydrate my skin and make it look plumper, and hydrate muscles which then makes excercising more effective! :eek:

You should be drinking 4 pints per day, plus 4 extra pints of water for every 25lb of excess weight...

Some experts even say that cold water is more effective in aiding weight loss, however its easier to drink larger amounts of room temp water.

I hope my research is correct :confused: - and i'm off to buy a couple of litre bottles tomorrow!!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Enfys

Enfys Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Senisble eating?
    That sound like an awful lot of water. I think your body would struggle to process that much .

I find the 2l bottle very handy. i take it up to my office with me and know I need to get through it over the day. I would pop on 7 litres!!

4. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    It does seem like a lot of water...all of the websites I have seen are very similar though and seem to be giving the same advice!

I have also found out that sometimes hunger pains can be confused with being dehydrated, and also that the water will obviously make you feel fuller making the urge to eat much less...

I'm willing to give it a go, so will let you all know how I get on.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If youre eating food as well as drinking water there is NO WAY you should be drinking 7 litres a day. 7 litres is too much for people even on a VLCD. You take in around 2 litres if youre eating food so in effect youre going to be having NINE litres a day. Id say thats bordering on plain dangerous

6. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    Sorry guy's my calculations were all wrong as I got an F for maths at school im not entirely shocked by that!!

Here is the proper calculation...
    Eight 8-ounce glasses of water is okay for the average person, but if you're overweight, you should drink another eight ounces for every 25 pounds of excess weight you carry. You should also up this if you live in a hot climate or exercise very intensely.

Mine's come out at 2.5 litres per day which sounds much more like it!! lol

7. Beatle

Beatle Member

Diet:
    Pete Cohen's Weight Loss Programme
    phew - I drink 2-3 litres per day and can't imagine drinking much more!

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    LOL. Glad you got that sorted. I could imagine all your organs doing breast stroke around your body :D

BTW, it is a myth about the extra water for fat loss. 2L is fine for a healthy eating plan, also more if you are thirsty or if it's hot (your body will let you know).

also, other calorie 'free' drinks such as tea and coffee also count. It doesn't have to be just water. Honest ;)

9. Enfys

Enfys Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Senisble eating?
    Phew I am relieved i think my kidneys would have gone off on holiday. must say the whole thread did give me good nudge though to make sure I'm having enough water. its easy at work as the bottle sits on my desk willing me to have it but on days off and running round with the kids its not quite so much a part of my routine.....so thanks for the reminder!

10. Angy

Angy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I must say I love fresh water. It's the only healthy thing I have always done to always have around 2 litres a day!

11. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Yep I'm a water freak too, have been for years. Won't go out the house without a bottle, get through at least 3 litres a day.

12. Angy

Angy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I can't go out without a bottle either. I always have some in my bag. I panic if I am anywhere and don't have any. And I have a bottle next to my bed at night. I feel really thirsty at the thought of it!

*gulps water*

13. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Yep same as me, if I go out without my bottle it's terrible, and I may only be going out for 15 mins lol! Bottle by the bed at night too!

14. Angy

Angy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(32.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My boyfriend thinks I have OCD about having water with me. But still, it's a healthy obsession to have at least!

15. katewinston

katewinston Banned

Yes 2-3 litres should be about right depending on body weight. And it is a good thing to do as part of any weight loss program you are following.

16. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I drink between 8 - 10 pints of water a day, that plus green tea and normal tea.

I almost fell off my chair when I read the 7 litres. LMAO

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.