• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

wedding at the weekend - help!

S: 14st10lb C: 12st12lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 1st12lb(12.62%)
I am on day 4 of attack and although finding it ok, not seeing a loss.....

i am going to a wedding on saturday -
one of my best friends is getting married its going to be a great big alcoholic affair and i dont want to not drink, but i want to make good choices....im not worried about the food, i plan to have a feast on meat before i go so that i wont be worried about the food but is there a good choice i can make for an alcoholic beverage??????

many thanks in advance!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

m-mouse

Not very good at this!
S: 15st8lb C: 10st12lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 4st10lb(30.28%)
Best to steer clear of alcohol to be honest. You won't like how you feel the next morning if you indulge.

S: 14st10lb C: 12st12lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 1st12lb(12.62%)
gutted! lol

Dub07

S: 11st5lb C: 9st11lb G: 7st12lb BMI: 25.1 Loss: 1st8lb(13.84%)
It's not about the calorie content of the drinks.

If you're in ketosis or just borderline, the alcohol is the danger, and I do mean danger. Your body won't process alcohol the way it normally would. You could end up in hospital after a few drinks. At best, you'll have a stinker of a hangover and put yourself out of ketosis.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
Hmm, an unfortunate time for you to have started the diet perhaps, but, there again, there's always something and so it's really a decision to take before starting. Shame!

S: 12st12lb C: 11st3lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 1st9lb(12.78%)
I've got drunk on Dukan - you will feel awful, but.... as it's a close friend's wedding that is more important so - stick to the least sugary things possible - no wine at all, limit the champagne and drink slimline tonic with gin, or diet coke and vodka. And really really try not to have too much.

I would almost recommend a tiny amount of quality carb (ie, not a dessert, maybe brown bread) otherwise you will feel dreadful, and risk being the 'drunk girl at a wedding'

Then the next day, no carbs, up the water, be strict with the rules and do not weigh yourself for 2/3 days.

You'll be fine :)

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
S: 76kg C: 66.3kg G: 64kg BMI: 22.9 Loss: 9.7kg(12.77%)
Are you worried about joining in or 'fitting in' so you don't have to explain about the diet? you could always stick to slimine tonic - NO GIN or Diet coke NO Vodka. Looks the same but no awful after-effects....

CC

S: 12st6.2lb C: 10st9.7lb G: 9st6.3lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 1st10.5lb(14.06%)
Maybe I am too late - but why don't you stop DD enjoy the rest of the week, have a blast at the wedding and a guilt free hangover food fest the day after THEN really start DD on Monday???

S: 10st4lb C: 9st2lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 20 Loss: 1st2lb(11.11%)
Great advice christell i would do the same!