Green Days Wedding count down

Hi Tess21, like you i am getting married next august and need to lose more weight. So far i have lost 3stone and the last 2stone is hard but i'll get there - SLOWLY lol!

I need your help as im quite concern what to do...i've ordered my wedding dress and the shop measured me to be a size 20. I wear size 16 clothes normally however because i'm going to be losing this last bit of weight do you think i should have ordered a smaller dress as im really confused and not sure what to do?

Thanks xx

Hi chelle, you know your body better than anyone. It's easier to take a dress in than to take it out! Not to put a damper on it because I also got measured as a 20 and wear a 16 but ordered a 14 which Is prob more like a 12. I based the decision on my measurements, as I had a long conversation with the dress shop owner about hip waist and bust size and compare how many inches i needed to lose of which areas, i would advise this! Iv also gone for an a line dress that means might hips don't have to be exact, fishtails are very fitting Iv heard and a bigger size is better. Good luck with everything hope this helps!! Keep me updated in how your doing and fantastic that you've already lost lots on weight that's an achievement in its self :-D xx

Thanks tess for your reply - i'm going to look up the measurements and go from there. I was telling Ellebear i think i'm too caught up in the fact i have had to order a size 20 and am worried if i lose this last bit of weight that when they make the alterations would the alterations be a big job and the dress will not look as nice! lol

I will defo keep u updated - thanks again xx

Update

Right Christmas is out the way, and im 14lb lighter woop woop! feel great, well on my way to beautiful dress :-D hope everyone one else is doing well keep up the good work :)

I'm getting married in August and have already paid in full for my dress which is 3 sizes smaller than I am :)

Hopefully, I'll actually be 4 sizes smaller- there is no problem with making it smaller but they can't make it bigger!!

So good luck in your quest, it is certainly do-able.

Ellebear- lovely photograph!

Can i join the thread too? Im getting married april 2013 and would LOVE to lose 4 stone by then. I have my first appointment at a bridal shop next month so im going to explain the situation to them and see what they say!

We can do it girls! Xx

I'm getting married in August and have already paid in full for my dress which is 3 sizes

!
auto on this my dress is a few sizes smaller but doing this having definatley given me inspiration, im glad there are other brides on here supporting eachother, can't wait to see everyones wedding pic ;-)

7month til my wedding really looking forward to it :)
This is an open thread so calling all brides join in the support :-D

auto on this my dress is a few sizes smaller but doing this having definatley given me inspiration, im glad there are other brides on here supporting eachother, can't wait to see everyones wedding pic ;-)

7month til my wedding really looking forward to it :)
This is an open thread so calling all brides join in the support :-D

My best friend lost some weight for her wedding but not all of it- she really inspired me to do this and do it properly. She says she can't even look at her photos nor does she like to show them to anyone- complete and utter waste of the £1500 the Tog cost them!!

She also ended up with a dress that wasn't the "one" because of her size and the one she did get, although lovely, made her feel uncomfortable all day. In short- she regrets her entire wedding day because of something she could have easily changed if she had put her mind to it.

I really don't want tha to happen to me!

Hello all, just a quick update I have 3 inches left to lose off my waist and 1st7lb to go on my weightloss challenge. I have taken up running again and I am entering the Frenchay 10k 15th April I feel so much better for it :).
Will leave a long update when I have more time.
Terrix

tess21x said:
Hello all, just a quick update I have 3 inches left to lose off my waist and 1st7lb to go on my weightloss challenge. I have taken up running again and I am entering the Frenchay 10k 15th April I feel so much better for it :).
Will leave a long update when I have more time.
Terrix

Good woman that's brilliant!! Keep up the good work!! :)

I'm also getting married in April 2013 and although I've only got about 18lbs to go, it still seems a mile off! I'm going for my first look at dresses over Easter - I have no idea of what I want but I can't wait to go. My issue is with still losing weight and toning up through exercise what size will I be then. I'm getting into some size 10s quite easily now. On the other hand it's a lovely dilema to have!!

Back