Wedding Dress

katyloola

Would it be completely idiotic of me to buy a wedding dress in a size 12, even though I'm currently an 18? I've found my DREAM dress, and as I doubt me and OH will be getting married for some time yet (we tend to prioritise things like home improvements and holidays over wedding funds - aren't we romantic? Hehe), I'm worried that I won't be able to get THE dress if I wait. I also have no intention of getting married in a size 18 anything, so thought a 12 would be a realistic goal. Would it be crazy?

In my opinion YES.
Your dream dress now might not be your dream dress when you get married. Styles and fashions change. Also, have you tried the dress on? It may not suit you. That may sound daft but we have an idea of what we want and it doesn't always look right (belive me, I've done it twice!)
Also, wedding dress sizes are not true sizes. My dress was a 12 and it was very small, more like a 10.
You will always get the dream dress. xxx

Yes it would be a bit silly. You may buy the dress and as fashion changes a new dream dress comes out and then what will you do?
Spend the money on another holiday :giggle:

Take loads of photo's of the dress, then find a dress-maker to make one the same to fit when you've got the wedding booked, that way you can still have your dream dress, but if anything changes you won't have a dress you're not going to wear.

is your goal to be a size 12 anytime soon? It that's your goal, then buying it would most probably give you the drive to be able to fit into it :)

You're all right! My moment of madness has passed. I intend to be a size 12 by the end of next year, definitely, but I know we won't get around to actually having a wedding for a while yet (as well as having millions of more important things to spend our money on, we'd also like our daughters to be old enough to be part of the wedding, and one of them is only 7 months). I'm not worried about the dress going out of fashion, as I wouldn't consider it to be "fashionable" in the first place, it's very classic. It's the only style I've ever liked too, so my tastes are unlikely to change, but I agree, it would be madness to buy it so far in advance.

Right then...let's get that holiday booked! Hehe x

Back