Weddings Abroad?

stef2009

Gold Member
I know, i know way off topic here lol but just wondering if any of you lovely ladies have got married abroad?

Im looking to book in 2013, i was originally wanting cyprus or greece, but ive seen some gorgeous places in turkey and malta.

Also if u have got wed abroad, did u do it urself? use a wedding planner or use a tour operator??

I dont want a big wedding, the fact im in the sun is enough for me, very low key with close family, no more than 20 guests.

I have been intouch with a wedding planner but i cnt help think using someone like thomas cook etc would be so much easier as its all booked by one company.. But i have heard rubbish reports from tour operators so looking for some success stories??

Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thankyou :)

Hi

I got married in Paphos, Cyprus in 2000. It was very small just me and hubby and my parents. We got married in the Town Hall - we did have the choice of a church but opted for the Town Hall. We organised our Wedding through the tour operator First Choice and it was brilliant - no stress and once we arrived in Cyprus a Wedding organiser met us at our hotel and we went through arrangements, ie, flowers, etc. Had no bad experiences at all. Beautiful country - guaranteed nice weather for pictures and people were fantastic and had a fab holiday. Would definitely recommend getting married abroad. We got married in the September and weather was still very good.

By the way, my brother got married in Malta (I did'nt go unfortunately) but his pictures look really nice as well and he had no complaints. He also booked through a travel operator. Never been to Malta but his pics look very nice.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Brilliant thankyou. Theres a huge firstchoice down the road from me, think i'll pop in and see whats on offer, ive been told alot if u ask if they have 'offers' on, say if i book a holiday with them they give u the wedding package free! So will have to investigate into that lol

Thread moved to off topic forum

Morning
I too got married in Paphos, a little gorgeous spot called Payia. I worried so much as there was nothing I could arrange till I got there BUT i needn't have worried... We met our co-ordinator a couple of days after arriving she gave me lists to code from & I chose my flowers & hairdresser & photographer who was FABULOUS!!!!
I chose not to go with their options for reception & just spoke to one of the local bar staff which was the best thing we could of ever done. He took outside his bar we looked up & there was a whole level above that was used for private functions!!! All open roof, bar, you name it! We arranged a price for food & straight away it was cheaper than coordinators options which was like a Sunday dinner type menu! This bar/restaurant offered me the option of a meze which is what you want! Traditional Cypriot menu.
He arranged balloons, flowers couldn't believe on the day how special they made it.... Even laid the restaurant tables to give us a top table & all out guests around us... We had 32 guests x
From waking up to the sunshine, beautiful surroundings so wedding photos were fabulous! I can't praise everything enough.
Good luck & congratulations x

Awww sounds really lovely :)
We are having abit of a dilemma as my partners nan and grandad want to come but cant fly far, so we was going to settle for spain but apparently if you marry in spain it isnt legal and i'd have to get married again in the uk to legalise it! Or go to spain but go over to gibraltar for the day to marry! But ive never been gibraltar so im abit :\ So its all up in the air at the moment lol x

Hii,

I'm looking for a 2013/2014 wedding too! I move to Geneva in may so that might be an option, but I really have my heart set on st pauls bay in Rhodes, it looks so beautiful there! Xx

Casg that is where i fell in love with too! absoloutly stunning! Im off to first choice this week to see what costs im looking at and possibly booking it! Weve had probs trying to please everyone but weve now decided its our day so where booking where we want to marry and hope everyone can make it, if not, pics will have to do! My only prob ive found with st pauls bay is lindos and surrounding areas arnt too cheap for guests, but will have to look more into that! I'll let u know how i get on :D xx

Ahhhh that's brill Steph! Yeah at the end of the day it's your wedding and nobody else's! Look forward to hearing all the plans you make it's so beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I had elvis wedding in las vegas, was brill, but somehow I don't think that's the Dort of thing your looking for ;) lol

Back