Weddings

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by princessnicky, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. princessnicky

princessnicky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im planning my wedding, have chosen the venue and ideally wanted a saturday wedding in the summer. We have already brought it forward a year because my dad isnt well.

The dates available on saturdays are the last saturday of sep or on our 4yr anniversary end of october.
    But they have 2 fridays available in august.

My question is, has anyone had a Friday wedding, and had problems with people attending? My fear is that not everyone would be able to come :-s and also that in my head, it isnt the 'norm'. To me Saturdays are for weddings. Also the venue has beautiful gardens and Im thinking that in Sep/Oct the weather will start to go downhill.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Addibelle

Addibelle A happy downward spiral

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had mine on a Thursday.
    Everyone came with no problems. =)

4. Mrs.S.

Mrs.S. Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got married on a Friday! Was fine!

Everybody attended, Family and friends had time off work required to attend. Maybe have an afternoon ceremony if you can so that if people need to travel they can in the morning.

The whole thing was cheaper and appointments for hair and make up etc were easier to get on a Friday. We and all our guests had 2 days to recover from our hangovers which meant we could party harder.

Although my SIL did get married in September (beginning of and 3 years before we did), the gardens were perfect and the weather was actually better than ours (June).

There is pro's and cons to everything I guess! xx

5. Lucia Lucia

Lucia Lucia Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(25.59%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi, We got married in Sept on a Thursday- Weather was fab- like today. Car was half price due to mid week. We got 20 percent off the caterer. Everyone came, no one didnt come due to time off etc.We did it as we only decided 6 weeks before and we couldnt get anything as all booked and someone suggested to try a different day and it all worked out beautifully.

6. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    If you give people enough notice it wont be a problem. Ive been to Friday weddings which have been fab with big turn outs. We got married in Sept and the weather was fab. I think no matter what you decide youre onto a winner!!

7. Sinead6uk

Sinead6uk Bread is my enemy!

Start Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm getting married on a friday next year (July). I've sent save the date magnets out to everyone already so that they know they need to book a days holiday for it. There's noone at all that has mentioned a friday will be difficult for them!

We're having another party on the Saturday and making the most of the weekend then people have Sunday to recover! :D

8. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I got married on a monday in jamaica - beat that for inconvenient :) Been to 2 friday weddings this year. I prefer them - more time to recover!

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We got married on a Wednesday in August, it rained:D Everything was soooooooo much cheaper.

If people want to come they'll make an effort and if they don't you probably aren't that bothered if they are there or not.

At the end of the day the most important people will be there whatever day you chose to have YOUR wedding.

10. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been to a tuesday wedding & am bridesmaid at a sunday wedding

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.