Weddings

princessnicky

Im planning my wedding, have chosen the venue and ideally wanted a saturday wedding in the summer. We have already brought it forward a year because my dad isnt well.

The dates available on saturdays are the last saturday of sep or on our 4yr anniversary end of october.
But they have 2 fridays available in august.

My question is, has anyone had a Friday wedding, and had problems with people attending? My fear is that not everyone would be able to come :-s and also that in my head, it isnt the 'norm'. To me Saturdays are for weddings. Also the venue has beautiful gardens and Im thinking that in Sep/Oct the weather will start to go downhill.

I got married on a Friday! Was fine!

Everybody attended, Family and friends had time off work required to attend. Maybe have an afternoon ceremony if you can so that if people need to travel they can in the morning.

The whole thing was cheaper and appointments for hair and make up etc were easier to get on a Friday. We and all our guests had 2 days to recover from our hangovers which meant we could party harder.

Although my SIL did get married in September (beginning of and 3 years before we did), the gardens were perfect and the weather was actually better than ours (June).

There is pro's and cons to everything I guess! xx

Hi, We got married in Sept on a Thursday- Weather was fab- like today. Car was half price due to mid week. We got 20 percent off the caterer. Everyone came, no one didnt come due to time off etc.We did it as we only decided 6 weeks before and we couldnt get anything as all booked and someone suggested to try a different day and it all worked out beautifully.

If you give people enough notice it wont be a problem. Ive been to Friday weddings which have been fab with big turn outs. We got married in Sept and the weather was fab. I think no matter what you decide youre onto a winner!!

I'm getting married on a friday next year (July). I've sent save the date magnets out to everyone already so that they know they need to book a days holiday for it. There's noone at all that has mentioned a friday will be difficult for them!

We're having another party on the Saturday and making the most of the weekend then people have Sunday to recover! :D

I got married on a monday in jamaica - beat that for inconvenient :) Been to 2 friday weddings this year. I prefer them - more time to recover!

We got married on a Wednesday in August, it rained:D Everything was soooooooo much cheaper.

If people want to come they'll make an effort and if they don't you probably aren't that bothered if they are there or not.

At the end of the day the most important people will be there whatever day you chose to have YOUR wedding.

Back