Wednesday! Hour X Hour

Thanks everyone. I am feeling a wee bit better - meds doing ther thang. Just feel drained, so going to have a hot soak in the tub, then freshen up and put something nice on (that WILL cheer me up) and then we are off to club tonight.

I did have an inside chuckle today about my manager. And of course, resisted all. After all, it was all JUNK. Processed foods, Pringles, Mr. Kiplings, etc. The only thing I would have murdered for was the pot of Hummus that no one even opened!!

Also encountered what I would say was my first negative, or dubious reaction from someone, who of course has a few to lose herself. She said, "Have you lost weight?" I said yes, and told the how much. She said "Oh are you doing that diet where you don't eat" And I said yes, and she sniggered and shook her head. LOL Didn't phase me one bit. ANd in 6 months, thats the worst its been - the only negative reaction so can't complain.

It is really so strange, all the reactions I am getting from work after being away weeks. NOW everyone has notices - and there are a lot of people at work. Strangers have come to my desk to congratulate me. The General Manager, the top guy even stopped me in the hall and said, "Well! What is with all this <and gestured like an hourglass> and told me well done and that he was impressed, etc. At times it feels a bit overwhelming - and other times it feels wonderful and I want to flaunt it. hehe. But its an awful lot of attention all of a sudden. (people I work with are blind - out of about 500 people only about 10 ever said anything until now, and about 6 of them knew I was on the diet!!! LOL) So - it's been rather strange.

ANyway. Enough pontificating for one night. (Is that even the right word??) Blame it on the meds if its not. :)

Have a great evening everyone.

Thanks for your feel better wishes and support.

xx

Glad you are feeling better. And as you say they will be sniggering on the other side of their faces soon.

I have weigh in tonight, I had a week or two of wilderness. My LLC who said to me you are no longer fat did my head in I think. But Tange is back in the groove on my scale this morning I hit the 11's so hoping I don't have one of those 4 lbs on between morning and evening.

Hope you have a good relaxing soak BL and enjoy the clubbing. (no seals in your area are there :rolleyes:)

Phew - I am glad today is over!!

Had my meeting with Occupational Health - it was about my absense last year over stress - was off work for 18 weeks. Explained to him that I was doing 3 people work whilst in special measures blah blah blah - his reply was most complimentary and said there is nothing wrong with me taking up the post - so just gotta wait for my start date.

Then took my Lily to the vets - bless her - her toe is badly infected. The vet squeezed some pus out, my hand got bit - she squeezed a bit more, my hand got bit twice more. She gets out of my grip and claws her way onto my shoulder and digs in. Vet gets her down, and gives her two injections, my hand gets bit!! There is the possibility that she may lose her claw, and have been told that the absess might burst - she is relegated to the kitchen - I am not having blood and pus erupt onto my beige carpet!!!!!

Have got tablets to give her for the next 6 nights and I have to take her back on Friday for a check up.

Still that'll teach her for fighting! Trust me to get a stereotypical Essex Chavette for a cat!

Well the end of day 3 is nigh and it's been a lovely day - it's my youngest's 15th birthday and some of my family came round and there was plenty of food, chocolates and cake ---- wasn't even tempted in the least. Have even put a load of goodies aside for hubby for when he gets in from work in about an hour .... and I'm sat happily with my soup :)

Dancing - just seen your sig re your photo's --- can't wait (well I can as that's the day I go back to work after a months holiday), I know you'll look great both before and after xx

Back