Wednesday - Let's Do It Hour By Hour

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Have decided that I need to make a conscious effort to drink more water as I've really been slacking on that the last couple of weeks - so I'm happily glugging away at my first pint now.

Hope that everyone has a positive day today and that the wagon rolls on down the road with everyone still on it and holding tight ;)

See you this evening....

Morning! I saw a wagon this morning, and everyone was firmly planted on it! I tossed them a roll of gaffa tape in case there was anyone that looked wobbly in their seat, but so far so good! :D

So happy hump day! Looks nice out today, but cold.

Hopeing beyond hope, that tonight I wll be reporting on my first bubble bath in a week. lol PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Mr. British Gas man - don't let us down!!! :D

Happy days! I am trying to decide what "new outfit" to wear today. :D

Yesterday, I was walking ahead of my boss, who has known I was doing this but has never commented - I think out of respect more then anything, she is 100% supportive, but yesterday after a huddle and I was ahead of her, she said to me, "AND YOU Mrs....well....you can certainly see the difference now!" At last! SOmeone said someting!!! LOL Course I really want to hear it from those who do not know I am doing this, but it still was nice to get a stroke!

Have a great day everyone - I have my 2nd blood pressure check this morning. This time with a GP. Hope she doesn;t try and charge me!!!

Morning! I saw a wagon this morning, and everyone was firmly planted on it! I tossed them a roll of gaffa tape in case there was anyone that looked wobbly in their seat, but so far so good! :D

Yep I am hanging on, in spite of the fact that its someones birthday and they have bought in the most delic cream cakes ever. I have to keep walking past them with my head turned to the left, what with my cold at the end of the day I will have a stiff neck:D

Glad someone noticed the new you BL.

By the way if I miss any posts its not that I dont love you, we had so much hassle at our AGM that the committee is franticly having to write lots of letters everywhere, me included.

Might put some things up for everyones opinion, as my MM friends would be completely unbiased. Got loads of work to do also:eek:

Morning everyone- horray BL somebody noticed! the most important thing is that its working for your self confidence- but like you said- its always nice 2 get a "stroke" :D
Oh my days- I was completly in the middle of the earthquake last night- it was such a wierd sensation- my whole bed was shaking back and forth and a photoframe fell off the wall- it was like something from the exorcist! kinda exciting at the same time too :p
Have a good day everyone- oh and Katie- iv been terrible with my water lately too so will join you in your pledge to increase it :D
xxxxxxxxxx

Earthquake what have I missed, I went to bed early last night?:eek:

I live about 60 miles from the epicentre and felt absolutely.....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Trust me to sleep through it, and i'm a light sleeper but i have been sleeping better since i started LL.

Go figure!:D

Hi Ladyl - the epicentre was at Market Rasen in Lincolnshire - 5.3 on the richter scale, so quite a big one.

Damaged a few chimney pots but that is about it.

Thanks Lemma, will look on the Daily Mail website to catch up with all I missed:D

i felt like i was on a fairground ride! hehe x

The only bump I have felt in the last few hours is on completion of my VAT return. I promise you the bump from the earthquake would have left me with far less of a headache than that has done.

Unpaid tax collectors - I really resent having to go through this every 3 months!

Golly, i would love something to eat now and a hot cup of tea with skimmed milk!

You see, that is the effect it has on me. I'm wobbling but holding on as tight as I can!:gen147::gen147:

Kellie=];515600 said:
Morning everyone- horray BL somebody noticed! the most important thing is that its working for your self confidence- but like you said- its always nice 2 get a "stroke" :D
Oh my days- I was completly in the middle of the earthquake last night- it was such a wierd sensation- my whole bed was shaking back and forth and a photoframe fell off the wall- it was like something from the exorcist! kinda exciting at the same time too :p
Have a good day everyone- oh and Katie- iv been terrible with my water lately too so will join you in your pledge to increase it :D
xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry about the earthqauke - I thought I'd have a go at jogging last night. Seems to have had quite an impact!! :rotflmao: :D

I grew up very near the San ANdreas fault line in California - been through LOADS of earthquakes!!! THey are quite something aren't they!!! Really a strange sensation!!! Glad it was not a serious one. Once I know they are not serious, then I want more! I love the feeling! Its exciting! (Againm, reiterating - once I know noone has been hurt!)

yeah i found it really exciting then i got a bit worried incase people was injured!
was well good though. :D
xxxxxxx

Kellie=];515849 said:
yeah i found it really exciting then i got a bit worried incase people was injured!
was well good though. :D
xxxxxxx

Yeah - its that moment where you wonder - is this it - or is this the build up to a bigger one....that moment is scary. Once it subsides, its like "Yeah! Lets do that again!"

We had a really big one in San Fran in 1989 - there was A LOT of widespread damage and some very very sad deaths. That was the scariest one I have been in. I was a 5 hour drive (not surehow many miles) away from the epicenter - it was probably about 4-500 miles away - and I felt it good an proper! Thats a bad one. At that one, one of our staff was actually from London and had never felt a quake before. She was Sh*tting herself, and literally collapsed and slid down the wall while me and by boss were standing on the top of the three steps down to reception riding it like a surfboard! Poor girl, she was scared to death and thought we were mad as hatters!!! :D

But then when we learned how far way it was, we knew it was a bad one, simply by how strongly we felt it. It was devestating. A double dekcer freeway system in San Francisco and Oakland collapsed - the upper level landed on the lower level. It was 5:06pm when it hit - it was a MAJOR communte route. You can imagine....it was heartwrenching, so many people in their cars under it. :( Horrible.

One lady in San Francisco lived on the 3rd floor of her building. After the quake, she stepped out of her flat onto the street. The ground swalloed the first 3 floors!!! :eek:

So, we come to celebrate quakes of todays size, as they prevent bigger ones from happeing by releasing pressure therefore avoiding another large one.

Anyway - glad no one was too seriously hurt in todays.

cor blimey that sounds awful! I cant imagine being in a situation like that. It puts it into perspective when iv just put the news on and there is a lady moaning cos her carpet got dirty from her chimney!
yeah thats really important isnt it!!! :(
bloody annoying! xxxxxx

I had some excitememnt this morning! I had to go to my GP for my monthly BP check. I walked into the waiting room 20 minutes early. There was a young girl and her little boy in there. He was about 4 I guess. Anyway, he was having the tantrum to end all tantrums. SCREAMING at the top of his lungs because mum took away a magazine. He was howling - and she was doing FA about it. Absolutley letting him carry on. I decided to sit outside as i couldn;t take it. I could still hear him, but not as bad. I went back in 5 minutes before my appointment and this old geezer had come in and sat down. After a few moments, he shouted at the little boy to be quiet!! (Yess! I said to myself!) Then after 5 minutes, when the little boy was now punching his mum in her shulder and neck, he got up, went over and LIGHLTY slepped the lad on his cheek!!! And told him "Don't you EVER strike your mother!" Well - this made the woman start howling and sobbing now. She left the room and a barrage of nurses and staff came in and told him you can't do that, etc., and advised him the police were on their way. They left the room, I told the man he did what a lot of us probably wanted to do. I gave him my tele number as they were telling him he assualted the lad. It was a very very light slap, more an attention getter then anything. As I came out of my exam, I saw the police were there, and they ARRESTED the old boy!! So they took my statement. I told them I felt he did what the mother SHOULD have done. And h=if that is her parenting method - to let the boy exhaust himself without intervention - fair enough - but that I felt it was totally selfish and unacceptable in a doctors surgery where people are ill. I adv'd I felt this lack of parental discipline is why I have kids tresspassingm, throwing rocks, ripping off badges on the cars, etc., happening all the time. Because kids are now raised to think they can get away with anything. The copper agreed, but I guess they had to arrest him.

So - very exciting GP visit!!! :D

BL,
I know exactly what you mean. Its a hot potato that though, I am all for teaching children without a hiding but there needs to be some form of discipline, violence (and lets face it that is what it was) at that age is going to turn into what we have on the front pages today.

I had my share when I was a child but I deserved each and every single one.

Cor the poor old boy, I feel sorry for him.

BL,
violence (and lets face it that is what it was) at that age is going to turn into what we have on the front pages today.

I had my share when I was a child but I deserved each and every single one.

Hmmm.... i maybe am misunderstanding you, but If I am right in understanding I would have to disagree with this.

I feel its the mothers passive "cry until you are tired" routine and parenting style are what lead to violent teens and youths, in the whole Yob culture. There is no discipline at home....a slap on the bum now and again never hurt any of us. They were few and far between in my life, but the ones I got were well deserved!! AND I learned from them!

Back