Wee; I'm losing weight!

squiddie

Getting fit for 30!
Hello chums!

I thought I'd give you all some inspiration, I will keep this short and sweet (phew I hear you cry).

If you are weeing a lot whilst on this eating plan, chances are it's working! Fat leaves the body as urine, so if you've had a week where you're weeing a lot, there is a good chance you're going to have a loss that week.

Of course there are times where you wont be weeing a lot and still lose weight and vice versa.

Happy Slimming,

Natt xxx

P.S. I feel I should point out that frequent urination can be a sign of a medial condition (such as diabetes), but we'll focus on the positives for now :p

P.P.S. This is a very simplified version of what happens in the body as to form an inspirational message so please don't shout at me with all the scientific facts!

Last edited:
No scientific facts from me.

The closest thing I get to science is 'coffee+hot water+milk=wake up without growling'.

All that talk of urination and I feel the need to dash off to the smallest room in the house.

I wee a lot too!!! Even when I haven't drank all that much water I'm up weeing at least twice a night! I've also had good weigh losses so I'm inclined to believe this 'scientific' fact! :D

I actually noticed that I had to pee a lot too yesterday. Yesterday I had a demo to get firmiliar with SW and I hardly drank any water but I had to keep peeing, especially at night LOL. I hope your fact is true, if so, I am so excited!

Music to my ears :p Ive spent my first week in and out of the loo like a yoyo!

Awww fab! I have been weeing loads all week! :D Thought I was pregnant hahaha x

Thank you Squiddie - I wee'ed a lot last week and lost 1½lbs and I'm wee'ing for England this weekend - so hopefully it's going to be another good week, LOL.....

Im weeing a lot since restarting but not losing the weight (by my scales anyways) been on it now for 10 days, but im having problems in the other department lolol so wont go there, thats prob why no weight lost.

thanks for info squiddie xx

Goshhh really?? What are u guys eating?? My backdoor works way to well with SW!!!

LOL. Love the idea of weeing fat. Gosh...wish that was true :D Good imagery though to make sure you drink enough :cool:

I hope what you is saying is true, cos ive never been off the loo, all over this weekend, i put it down to the cold :rolleyes: , will let you all know once i have had my WI

This for the post - loved it :):)

I think I'd better science this up a bit - just for clarification :)

• Fat doesn't just appear and disappear, it is stored in fat cells. Fat cells live in adipose tissue, which basically acts like an internal petrol station, storing away fuel reserves. This adipose tissue, or "fat tissue" fluctuates, so when we gain weight it expands and when we lose weight it shrinks.

• Our body's first place for finding fuel is in carbohydrates. It takes glucose and sugar from these carbohydrates and stores them in the liver (in the form of glycogen). The liver then releases it into the bloodstream as necessary to keep our body driving along.

• Once that glucose runs out, fat takes over. (Harnessing energy by burning fat is referred to as ketosis.)

• Hormones regulating our blood sugar levels activate an enzyme in the blood vessels of fat tissue called lipase.

• Lipase ignites fat cells to release 'macromolecules' called 'triglycerides' which are what make fat cells fat.

• Triglycerides are made of glycerol and three fatty acid chains. When they receive the signal from lipase to exit the fat cells, the triglycerides break up into their respective components and enter the bloodstream for use.

• The liver snatches up the glycerol to use it for energy, while some of the fatty acids move to the muscles that use them for energy as well.
(So far, your body has used all the energy it could get from carbohydrates and has now broken down the fat (whether it be from your hips, bum or tum!) into fuel that the liver and muscles can use.

• This action of breaking down triglycerides into usable energy is called lipolysis. Once it has got to where it is needed, the bits that makes up the glycerol and fatty acids are shuffled and reshuffled to drain every last drop of energy they have produced heat, water, carbon dioxide and adenosine triphosphate (ATP).

• ATP hauls potential energy in its molecular bonds for use when we exercise like cellular carb loading. The water exits our bodies as sweat and urine, and we exhale the carbon dioxide.
So in a nutshell when we have a calorie deficit and the body is forced to use fat for energy instead, it leaves our bodies by:

• Carbon dioxide, which is expelled when you exhale. (Hence the breath part)
  • Water, which is lost as urine and perspiration. (Hence the weeing part)
  • Heat, which helps maintain body temperature.

Think of burning fat as a fire. The wood you are burning doesn't just magically disappear it is turned into heat, gas and ash. Same happens in our bodies.

Hope that has cleared things up a bit and I haven't 'over-scienced it'! :)

Natt xxx

Last edited:
Careful that you don't get caught up in the science without really understanding it squiddie.

Yes, fat burns and the by product is carbon dioxide and water which is then dispelled through urine, sweat, breath etc, but that doesn't mean the more you wee or breath or sweat, the more fat you are losing. There will be different concentrations.

If you are weeing a lot, then you are losing water. That's normal when reducing carbohydrates as glycogen is used and each gram of glycogen holds 3 to 4 times it's own weight in water.

Back